Photo

my solodyn/ziana log

aha alpha hydroxy acid makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 mountainocean420

mountainocean420

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

Still on the same regieme. ACNE FREE 100000% and it feels great :)

#22 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hi, i am on Ziana 6 weeks in and little to no progress - i believe i've started my purging. When did you see noticeable results _ less clogged pores, less frequent breakouts (i get pimples daily).

Congrats on the progress!!!!

#23 Ekr150

Ekr150

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

Hey all! I was just started on the solodyn/ziana regimen so I think I'll keep a log of it here.

A little background on me: I have been battling acne since I was 13 years old (I am now 23). I have been on a whole slew of antibiotics- tetracycline, minocycline, doxyclycline, Bactrim.. And I was on accutane twice in high school. It worked absolute wonders both times, but the acne would return within a few months of coming off the accutane. After my second round of accutane, I was placed on Bactrim and aldactone, along with benzaclyn and differin topical gels. This cocktail gave me the absolute best skin of my life for about four years. I was weaned off the medication last summer. Then, around September, the acne started coming back. Large, cystic acne along my jawline and on my shoulders, and a forehead and cheeks covered in tiny, yeasty white bumps. After having been on antibiotics for the last ten years of my life, I was hesitant to go back on something. I tried olay's acne regimen, proactive, and then the Clinique three step process with no success. Then in January I broke down and went to my derm. He placed me on doxycycline and retin-a. I have been on both products since January and have had absolutely no improvement in my skin. My skin is now dry, flaking, and super sensitive with hyper pigmentation (I never had this problem before). A month ago, I went back to my derm for a check up. He told me to stick with the meds as he had high hopes for the retin-a. I wasn't so optimistic. I went to my GYNO to get a prescription for birth control, hoping I might get some relief with that, as my acne is largely hormonal. No luck. So yesterday I went to another derm for a second opinion. He placed me on solodyn and ziana. He said to expect a 20% improvement in month one, and and 80% improvement in month two of the course of treatment. So we'll see!

Sorry that was so drawn out, whew.
Anyway. So I started last night. I washed my face with Clinique liquid facial soap for oily skin and applied the ziana gel. This morning, my face definitely feels a bit cleaner, tighter, and more dry. It is a bit red, and I still have two large cysts on my cheek, hyper pigmentation from previous pimples on my cheeks, and lots of tiny white bumps on my cheeks and forehead. We'll see how this goes!

#24 Freshbreeze

Freshbreeze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hello guys!!! I'm soooo relieved to have found this blog and read it. I actually don't blog but this one was worth. A little of my history, I've had acne since I was 11, and have been dealing with it for quite a while. I tried everything under the sun for acne, I even tried accutane and it worked wonders then. But now, it's been almost a year and a half since I've stopped accutane and my face is horrible:(. So I went to see my dermatologist yesterday, she recommended that I start with Solodyn 80mg ( I'm 5'11 and weigh 164lbs ) and topical ziana. I was happy as I left the office knowing that I would be taking care of my acne.... But now I soooooo skeptical and afraid to start with the Solodyn based on the many bad reviews I've read. I'm talking about the enlarged liver, liver enzymes off the chart, hair loss, itching, teeth disolorations and more. I'm 22 yrs old and I really need your feedback in letting me know your personal experience especially the side effects you have experienced if any.... Please help me I need the support!!!!

Also, would you recommend to take multivitamins as well as a good probiotic while on these drugs????? Thank you in advance!!! I'll be waiting for your feedback patiently!