Spiro

68 replies to this topic

#41 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:24 PM

:) Thanks!! I'm pulling for you!!! I definitely had my ups and downs. Cystic acne is the worst. Try and keep your spirits up!!! Let me know how it goes!

Whoa! Just realized I"m 86 days in!! Guess this stuff is working. I almost don't need to topical anymore. I still like washing my face twice a day. I use clean and clear with 10% BP since that what my derm told me to use. I also bought a baby brush since people said that was good for exfoliating the skin. It could be a total sham but it was like 2.50 so... whatever. I did try it and it seemed to be ok. I just gotta make sure I clean it inbetween uses. Anyone else heard of the baby brush thing??

#42 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

Went to the doctor today. He said it's looking good so I'll be on 150 for another year and then see if we can lower the dose. He also said the the indentations on my face should go away in 6 months. Bleh. Ah well can't have it all. I will patiently wait again!!

#43 Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:55 PM

wow, your skin looks absolutely amazing!! Mine isn't doing as well, but it's improving! I'm also having horribly horribley irregular periods. I'm gonna go on birth control (finally switching docs!) to regulate this stupidness. ): So frustrating! I usually can tell when I will get it but the past few months its been two weeks early or a week early all the time, now it's like a week late. I had two in august, nothing in september and nothing yet. I really hope I start it soon because otherwise, I'm gonna get a little freaked out lol.

My hair is still just as oily...I did get dehydrated today though. I had to make a late-night run to the gas station for ice cold water!!

#44 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

Thanks!! My period is a bit whacko too.
I got the blood results back and they were borderline high in some area so I have to get blood drawn again next month. boo. I hope I can stay on this! It's working so well!

#45 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

Still clear as hell. Just a few minor white head things that honestly aren't noticeable unless you're like looking at my skin hard core. Just nervous to get my blood drawn again...I hope I can stay on this.. I'll be sad if I can't.

#46 Momofgirl

Momofgirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

Wow Ladies...I just caught up on your posts...Your face looks amazing! The spiro dose is kinda high....Your blood work all well? Just curious. My daughter is on like 25 mg...and BC, and the dr wants her to keep up with blood testing (freaks her little body out!) But, I am so hoping this works for her...Really trying not to have her take accutane. She is just under a month of what the dr is a good dose...Do you know when you started to notice anything...Her zits do seem to "pop" different. And those darn cysts are so painful for my daughter. Mom of Girl

#47 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

after about a month and a half to two months I noticed that if I got a zit it was much smaller and healed faster. I haven't had a cyst in about two months now. My blood results came back a little high in some are, so I'm getting retested nov 1st. I'm just hoping I can stay on it.

#48 Momofgirl

Momofgirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, for your blood test....

#49 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

Thank you! Me too!

#50 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

Minor flare up right now. Not sure what's up. I've been really clear for a while. I'm thinking I've been really stressed. It's still nothing like it was before. I just have two zits on my upper lip that are poorly placed. They just seem super noticeable. I also accidentally forgot to take 75 mgs for three days in a row. Whoops. I'm thinking I'm fine. I also picked. I have some spots that are smooth but I picked at them and now they're red. My own damn fault. It's still loads better than it used to be.

#51 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Shopping,reading
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

Feebedel, I saw your pic before, ur skin was almost flawless, really good results. Sorry to hear that ur having flare up, I'm experiencing the same right now. It;s weird to me,'cuz I've been clear for a month ( no new pimples at all), but last weekend I got 2 cysts, as I upped my dose to 75mg. I don't know whats up either, tomorrow I'll have an appt with my derm. Have u ever experienced flare ups becoz of the change of your dosage and in the middle of the treatment ( i've been on Spiro for 3 months)???

#52 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

RAWR. My face is still kinda the same. It's like mild acne I guess... I have these like three tiny tiny white bumps on my left jaw cheek. You can't really see them but it's annoying me and I'm waiting for them to flair up...
I feel like I have some spots where I pick at little white heads that don't need to be picked at and I make them worse. They scab and get crusty. I need to stop. Crap.

#53 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

Okkkk I stopped using the azelex cream on my face and really... my face seems to be better for it. It really just dried out my skin a lot. I've just been spot treating my skin with zit zapper stuff my doc gave me and moisturizing. So far I think my face looks better and not as angry. my face would be all scabby/dry and stuff. I also have been really busy and out of town and haven't had time to pick or anything which is good. I think that's helping too...
Face is looking good right now. A bit better than before. REally before my face wasn't BAD it just looked worse because of the azelex and stuff... if that makes sense.

Feebedel, I saw your pic before, ur skin was almost flawless, really good results. Sorry to hear that ur having flare up, I'm experiencing the same right now. It;s weird to me,'cuz I've been clear for a month ( no new pimples at all), but last weekend I got 2 cysts, as I upped my dose to 75mg. I don't know whats up either, tomorrow I'll have an appt with my derm. Have u ever experienced flare ups becoz of the change of your dosage and in the middle of the treatment ( i've been on Spiro for 3 months)???

To answer your question... no I've not changed my dose. I know when you do you can have an initial flair up but I haven't done that. I really think it was the topical combined with winter coming... too much dryness. I can see myself using it in the summer when it's humid. But for now I'm going to stay off the the azelex cream or use it much less. My face has been looking much better since. REally it wasn't that bad of a flair up for me... but the topical seemed to aggravate it and made it take longer to heal and made it look worse than it was (all the flaky dry skin eugh...) How are you doing now that you're on a higher dose?

#54 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

Ugh. I have like my first cystic zit in a long time. It's right by my mouth. I also have another zit on my upper lip. The kind I used to get that take forever to go away. Really irritated. My face hasn't been like this in a long time. I home my medicine is still working and I"m just having a bad run right now. Stupid hard lump in my face. I wonder if I should call the derm if it keeps getting worse.

#55 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

Alrighty. Six months has come and gone so I think I'm done posting on here. I dunno if anyone reads it anymore but whatever. My face has been fine for quite sometime. I had the one gross zit and after that it really has been clear. So in conclusion I recommend Spironolactone for people who are looking for a solution for hormonal/cystic acne!!!
Good luck!

#56 hopefulgirl123

hopefulgirl123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for posting so much feebedel. I'm almost one month into 100mg spironolactone. My face definitely isn't perfect, but I have noticed I am wayyy less oily! I'm still hopeful.

#57 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

I hope everyone who tries Spiro has luck with it. It worked for me... but not anymore. My acne has come back. And I"m really sad. My chin is an absolute wreck. I'm up to 200mg of Spiro but it doesnt seem to do much. Really bummed.

#58 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

I hope everyone who tries Spiro has luck with it. It worked for me... but not anymore. My acne has come back. And I"m really sad. My chin is an absolute wreck. I'm up to 200mg of Spiro but it doesnt seem to do much. Really bummed.

Are you using the brand name Aldactone? Or a generic? In rare cases a generic does not work as well for some people because the filler ingredients are different. I noticed this on birth control, I did better on the brand name Ortho Tri Cyclen than on the generic.

#59 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

I'm on generic, but would that work and then suddenly stop working? Or just never really work well?

#60 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

I'm on generic, but would that work and then suddenly stop working? Or just never really work well?

It just depends. Sometimes you can get a bad batch of a drug. I noticed this once when I was on Finacea. Although it was the brand-name was mixed right there at Walgreens, one of the tubes I got just didn't seem to do anything. When I got the refill, I could feel it working again as normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users