68 replies to this topic

#21 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

On to day 47
That seems crazy, I feel like I was just starting this stuff and couldn't wait for it to work. Well I THINK it may be working. I HOPE it really is. Since I've upped to 150mgs my face is noticeably less oily and now that the rash has started leaving my face, I can't complain too much. I do have a few small bumps that showed up from the rash but I'm waiting to see if they start to go away with the steroids and time. Hopefully nothing turns into cystic acne. If I have something like that happen after day 60 it's game over and back to the drawing board. Sooo hopefully this is working! I swear if I end up jinxing myself I'll go nuts. So yeah I had a little white head above my lip and one or two around my nose that have healed like overnight so nothing big. Honestly my face feels pretty smooth which is weird. I want to touch it but I know I can't!! Just hoping I can move onto scar treatment in the near future.
I REFUSE to let acne control my life anymore. REFUSE. It's easy to say when I don't have a big flare up, but I'm determined to not let it rule my life or cause me to be self-conscience!!! I'm hoping I'm a success story!!!

-Feebedel
-150mg Spironolactone since July 5th, 2011
-Finacea gel since June 15, 2011

#22 Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

I'm super happy to know it's not chicken pox & that you're looking up! (: I hope your journey ends well with this!

I know the feeling of wanting to touch smooth skin. I don't remember the last time my skin was smooth. I know it won't be perfect because of scarring but it won't hurt to simply run my fingers over my face anymore once this is over with. (: I'm waiting for the day I don't have to layer on makeup to hide things. I can just go with some mineral powder and be fine instead of primer, concealer, foundation, etc...

Your friendly neighborhood artist (:

Current Regimen
  • Spironolactone 75mgs
  • Doxycycline 2x daily, hoping to decrease to once daily
  • Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Cleanser 2x daily or as needed
  • Tretinoin gel every two nights (still playing with this to find a good routine.)
  • St. Ives moisturizer (trying out different ones to find what I like.)
  • Benzoyl Peroxide Cream spot treatment

Status: I'm trying to find things that work & don't hurt my face anymore than it already is. Healing spots, and only a few zits. Tons of pigmentation scars, but those don't bother me much.

Just began 75mgs of spiro on 8/23. Here's hoping I see good results this time next month!

#23 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

I guess I'm on day 50!
Thanks for the well wishes!! I'm much much better! Phew! Anyway, today still no big zits to report. Maybe a few small white heads around my nose that I don't notice which might actually be from the steroids since acne is a side effect. My face it weirdly smooth. I'm pretty excited about it and I haven't had any big cystic or deep zits since the one on my cheek like on august 8th I think? So it's been a lot longer than the typical day or two free of acne. I still got some scars but I just put a little mineral powder concealer on my face and it doesn't look too bad. I don't need a lot of makeup, at least for now! Hoping it stays that way! I'll let you know if anything horrid happens!
-Feebedel

#24 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

Day 56
Well the white heads are almost gone, however I have developed a rather large zit on my right cheek bone. It doesn't seem to be as deep or as bad as others that I have had and it doesn't surprise me that that particular spot became inflamed. I've had a little tine bump there for like 3 months and like all the other little tiny bumps is became inflamed. But since I've started spiro I haven't had any new little bumps appear really. And this is one of the last one's left. I'm thinking the spiro helps to not form the little cysts so they don't get big. I also just started my period the exact day that I got the zit. Don't think that's coincidence. So he told me to go back if I got any deep ones, but I'm going to try to hold out. It did't seem as deep and I could see a white head to it so I squeezed it and all this white crap came out. Like it did that thing where it hits the mirror. Gross I know. But seriously all this stuff just oozed out until it was clear liquid and blood. I wiped it with some rubbing alcohol to make sure I didn't infect it or anything and put my zit zapper cream on the spot. It's still there and still has a bump but I've had some like these before and after I pop them they usually go away in a few days. It certainly feels better. I know I shouldn't have popped it... I just couldn't help myself. So other than that zit I really have nothing to complain about. Just dry skin. Trying to lay off the topical that I use and just put it around my nose and cheeks where it's the most oily. I also moisturize as much as I can. Hoping this is one of the last "big ones" but regardless I haven't had a big one since the beginning of august which is much more spaced out. So I'm guessing it's working. Not too worried about this zit since it's the only one on my face. I don't even care anymore. I just dab a bit of concealer on it and it doesn't make it so obvious and red.
Whatever it's all good in the hood. Still looking a lot better than I was before.
-Feebedel

#25 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:27 PM

Day 60
So it's been pretty much two months since I started my treatment. I must say I'm pretty pleased. I do seem to have a few red bumps on my cheek close to my nose which really haven't swollen into anything huge. I don't usually get acne around there or if I do it's no very severe. I can't figure out if these will be shallow or deep or even develop at all. One of them had white stuff come out so I'm guessing it was more or less a white head. I dunno. So far my face is looking a whole ton clearer. Just throw a little concealer on in the morning and I'm good for the rest of the day.
-Feebedel

#26 hina2011

hina2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

Are you still using finacea? Does it help?

#27 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (hina2011 @ Sep 2 2011, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you still using finacea? Does it help?

Yes! I'm still on Finacea and I suppose it helps. It certainly doesn't hurt. Since my acne is mostly hormonal the Finacea could only do so much. I'd say the Spiro does most of the work and the Finacea helps the surface zits and white heads. I started both around the same time so it's hard to tell what is helping with what.

Those little bumps on my cheeks seem to be doing nothing. Not really sure what they're doing. I think they might be smaller though. I also got a nice white head on the left side of my chin. Lovely. Ah well I'm still pretty pleased. Keeping my fingers crossed that time will help kick it all in the butt.
-Feebedel

#28 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

Day 64
I guess this is week 9?? Or going on to week 10 I suppose. So far still pretty good. Randomly got a white head thing on my forehead. It's not big but I rarely get them there. Probably from sweating and such. Stuff on the cheeks is going away. Never really amounted to anything. The white head on my chin is scabbed over... waiting for that to heal. Just put a little neosporin on it to help. Face isn't perfect but it's really a TON better. I don't feel embarrassed to go out with out make up on. I look better with it on, but it's not bad. I look more like the girl who has clear skin with a zit here or there than the girl who has bad acne. I have a possible contender for a gross cystic like zit on my left cheek bone. It's been there forever. I just picked at it. Fail. Hoping it doesn't get too bad. Right now you can't even see it with out make up. I really haven't been stressed or super upset about my skin in a few weeks which is a record by far. It used to be a day MAYBE if I was lucky two days. Never 3 weeks! Face is pretty consistent. I don't feel antisocial anymore. I used to come home from work and take my makeup off and never go out because I didn't want to put makeup on but I didn't want anyone to see me.
Time seems to be flying. So much to do school is going back soon. Gah! I hope the stresses don't get too bad especially for my skin. I AM looking forward to the cooler weather. I'm over this 100 degree and 70% humidity crap that has been a nightmare for acne sufferers.
I also have lost 10lbs since I've been on the medicine. Nice little bonus.

I'd say I found my answer. Knock on wood.
-Feebedel

#29 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

Harumph. That zit on my cheek I popped and white stuff came out but now it's all red and scared like. Ugh. and I feel like I'm getting one on my lip. Of all places! My cheeks seem to have a few little bumps on them... but really I think I've always had that. I dunno, I've always been so focused around my mouth I never noticed. But I do remember having little bumps as a teenager that never really did anything or never got bad. I'm thinking that isn't hormonal since it's around my nose and I've always had it. Forehead is good. The one zit thing is healing but still kinda red. No deep ones like I used to get. The one on my cheek was my worst and it wasn't THAT bad.
Skin is kinda dry. Wondering if that is causing the bumps around my nose and cheeks. I need to moisturize more. I didn't have any tonight so I used a tiny tiny bit of vaseline on the super dry spots. Hoping this wasn't an awful idea.
Mostly still clear-ish. Definitely better. Not 100 percent. I'd say 80 percent better. Plus scaring. Sooo kinda annoyed about that. Just giving it some time. It hasn't been even three months yet so I'm hopeful yet!
-Feebedel

#30 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

Well...still smooth and scared. I'm an idiot and picked at a spot on my right cheekbone. A little white sebum came out but now it's a scabby. I NEED TO STOP PICKING. Boo. Now I have 2 cankersores in my mouth which is unrelated, but man they hurt. I was so used to acne hurting. So still a lot clearer than before. I have my up and down moments. When I feel my face I'm like ahhh this is great. Then I see it and am like SCARS! But I can deal for now. Sooo I"ve just been using the mineral powder concealer with no foundation since the powder shows my dry spots and the liquid feels so heavy. Anyone have any ideas for good concealers??? I was thinking about going to Lancome to see what they have. I heard good things about it. I don't know. I wish I had found spiro before my pigmentation scaring got so bad!!!
-Feebedel

#31 Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

I know how you feel about wanting to begin spiro before the scarring got so bad!! I wish I had, too. If I had started spiro years ago instead of doxy, I'd have clear skin now with far fewer scars... Ah well.

As for makeup, whats your current makeup routine? Concealers I don't have much knowledge about because I've never used one, but maybe lancome will have something...

Current Regimen
  • Spironolactone 75mgs
  • Tretinoin gel every two nights (still playing with this to find a good routine.)

Status: I'm trying to find things that work & don't hurt my face anymore than it already is. Healing spots, and only a few zits. Tons of pigmentation scars, but those don't bother me much.

Just began 75mgs of spiro on 8/23. Here's hoping I see good results this time next month!

#32 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

Honestly I just moisturize and put my face meds on and add a little concealer which I really like. But it doesn't give as much coverage as I would like when I go out for special occasions and stuff. I don't mind a little scaring showing when I'm at work or whatever. But I was hoping to find a foundation that wasn't so gross and thick as the one that I use occasionally. I love lancome but it's so darn expensive!!
-Feebedel

#33 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

I also just reread my post about makeup and I must have been tired or something haha. I meant foundation not concealer!!
-Feebedel

#34 Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

Maybe look into a simple powder foundation? Liquid foundation makes my face feel soooo heavy. I've been looking at stuff from everyday minerals. their prices seem great and I've heard good things. I like powder because its buildable and you can either use a tiny bit for sheer coverage or more to hide marks. Plus, it's a natural spf and stuff. (:

Plus they have powder concealer and stuff to help hide redness if you need it.

Current Regimen
  • Spironolactone 75mgs

#35 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

I'll have to check it out. I guess I just have had a bad experience with powder because it was orange and made my dry skin look horrible. I think I just need to find another powder. I did have the Lancome stuff that I liked. But I ill check out your recommendation esp since it'll probably be cheaper!! Thanks!!
-Feebedel

#36 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

What up guys?? Hope everyone is doing well. My face is still freakishly clear. I did get a zit by my lower right lip which sucks but I can deal. Everywhere else is clear. It was one of those zits that has clear fluid inside and just oozes ya know? Super gross.
I did want to mention that my period is super irregular. I really need to start documenting it. I had like 4 days where I was spotting and then I was done. I used to have a regular pattern. I'd have the period and I'd notice the ovulation and I could tell when I was about to start again when I got all the PMS symptoms. So far I really don't have any of that. Not sure what my vagina is doing. I'm always just to lazy to document my period shenanigans. I'll let you know if this is a problem. Honestly I don't feel bad or feel like my hormones are crazy. I feel actually more stabilized.
I just started school again and I"m super stressed so we'll see how my face holds up. I have sooo much to do it's ridiculous. Other than the weird period though I don't really have any other side effects. I guess I might have to pee a bit more often than I used to but it's not unmanageable. If anyone else is reading this and is struggling with acne I'd like to hear from you!! I've been on this almost three months and I can try to answer any questions!
Love lots :)
-Feebedel

#37 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

So I'm 21 and I like to have a drink occasionally but I've noticed now that with the Spironolactone in addition with the Fluoxetine I'm taking that I really can't drink anymore. Both of these drugs have adverse effects with alcohol and I'm pretty bummed about it. I had a few recently and was completely drunk after an amount that wouldn't have been a big deal before. I also feel so dehydrated in the morning and dizzy and lightheaded. I'm guessing this is partly from the spiro. No more drinking for me. I guess I'll stick to just Coke.
-Feebedel

#38 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

Ugh 2 zits around my lip. Well one is like ON my upper lip. It kinda looks like a cold sore except white stuff came out. The bottom one is still healing but not bad. Just in that phase where it's scabbing and kinda gross.Hoping it disappears soonish. I've been putting neosporin on it and it seems to be helping. Still no big drastic acne. I think those days are behind me. My cheeks are finally starting to really show improvement. LIke they were smooth before but now the scaring is minimalized and the scabs are all healed. They say it takes three months to really see results and well I'm almost there and I think I'm seeing them!!!

I'm hoping this works. So ya'll can see what kind of clearing up I've had in a little under three months. This is me without makeup one and my topical on ready to go to bed.

Attached Thumbnails

• Face Edit.JPG

-Feebedel

#39 feebedel

feebedel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

I'm paranoid about this stuff weakening my immune system. I've heard it can and I can't get sick!!! I have a tendency to get sick anyway and with winter coming I hope I'm ok!! Anyone have any knowledge about this?

Edited by feebedel, 27 September 2011 - 10:08 PM.

-Feebedel

#40 spiro123

spiro123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

Your skin is looking fantastic!!! I'm going through a bit of a rough patch right now and this made me feel better. There's a light at the end of the tunnel! I can't wait til my skin looks that good without makeup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users