Stellamaris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

Morning Regimen

1 pump of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash: Pink Grapefruit Cleanser
Occasional spot treatment with Retin-A 0.025% if necessary
A tiny dab of Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer as necessary, smoothed on over damp skin

Evening Regimen

1 pump of Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash: Pink Grapefruit Cleanser
Occasional spot treatment with Retin-A 0.025% if necessary
A tiny dab of Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer as necessary, smoothed on over damp skin

Weekly to Bi-Weekly Regimen
Clean & Clear Steam Soft In-Shower Facial: every 4-5 days
Noxzema Skin Cream on a soft facial sponge that gently exfoliates

Comments:

Prior to starting this regimen, my acne has been mild to moderate. Since I started using this regimen three weeks ago, I have not had any acne to treat; hurrah!

Yet the sides of my nose towards the face have been pretty flaky, though; it has been thick oily flakes that I've been peeling off almost daily. It is almost like having dandruff on the sides of my nose. Yuck! Maybe I need to scrub the sides of my nose more thoroughly when I am washing my face.

In this humid heat, I hardly ever use a moisturiser, as when I do, I break out almost the next day. I know this is not good, but I also rarely use a sunblock, as it tends to make me break out. In the summer, the best thing for my skin is to keep it free of anything, including sweat and oil. To protect my face from the sun, I wear a big floppy hat.

Sometimes I do use facial foundation if I am going out to a special event, and it does not seem to make me break out, but then I wash it off thoroughly as soon as I get home, even if it takes me two pumps of the cleanser to wash it off until my skin is squeaky-clean afterwards.

The in-shower scrub masque is really for younger skin, but in the heat and humidity, my skin can take it every five days or so. I take care to scrub very gently indeed.

The reason I sometimes use Noxzema is that I have always loved Noxzema, and it feels so nice and refreshing in the summer. Plus the soft facial sponge acts as a very gentle exfoliant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users