Picking, Picking, Picking

4 replies to this topic

#1 ripshit about acne

ripshit about acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 10:07 AM

I have terrible acne. I'm trying some new face washes (Rodan & Field's Calm). I also have recently been diagnosed with "perioral dermatitis" and am taking antibiotics (yuck).

I'm interested in other people's results from NOT picking. I am realizing that I think I am really hooked on picking, poking and creating problems on my face. Also, I tend to use 10 potions at once.. making it impossible to tell which one is working.

Any comments about picking?

#2 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 11:19 AM

DONT DO IT.

Ive had scars/redmarks on my face that never formed on the jawline, right and left side, and for a week i didnt pick, and I let them get to become whiteheads, and its REALLY helping.

Stay away from picking... I sometimes only pick the whiteheads that are clearly visible if im going out somewhere. im ok for redmarks, as far as crowds go

#3 ripshit about acne

ripshit about acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:23 PM

Thank you!! Sometimes it is so tempting. However, I have learned that on occasion, a zit will die down and even go away if left alone. It's amost like a flare up that fizzle. I will NOT pick!

#4 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 02:22 PM

I swear, If ai hadn't of popped some pimples on my jawline theyd be gone years ago, but now almost 2 years later, i still have them.. At least once a week i would pick at them. Right now there dieing down only because I have restricted myself from picking or even touching my face to stratch an itch

#5 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:58 PM

Let it fester, Sylvester. Let nature take its course. Your leukocytes (white blood cells) need to finish the job, in order to eliminate the infection. Popping interrupts the process before it's completed, and the germs (p. acnes) get a new lease on life. If left alone, a whitehead will eventually slough off with normal washing, and the skin will heal quickly. Vitamin C and zinc help the healing process.

I hope you've read the posts about eating a healthy diet and avoiding refined sugars, such as sucrose and high fructose corn syrup. Even too much fruit juice will spike your blood sugar and stimulate an insulin response. I generally take an ounce or so of fruit juice in a glass of water or seltzer. It's better to eat whole fruit, such as an orange or an apple. One of the reasons water is a healthy drink, is that it's not loaded with sugar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users