Photo

What's your holistic skin care secret?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

ohsailor, yeah there are a bunch of organic mouthwashes. I always go for alcohol free. Maybe the reason why people get tongue cancer is because excess alcohol in the mouth? Not to mention all the other crap they put in comerical mouth wash like blue #1 and blue #5 which I've read can do a lot of damage.

You really don't even need to buy one though, ya can make your own. Good way is to heat up some water with cinammon, then add sea salt, boom- organic mouth wash. Use mouthwash and flossing before brushing, then after brushing rinse well again. For toothpaste I use organic kiss my face with aloe. Yeah sounds gay haha, but gotta do what ya gotta do wink.gif

btw what kind of d3 are you guys takin? as in brand

#22 GreenEyes33

GreenEyes33

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

I'm just taking a cheapo no-name brand one. It's a D3 softgel. I spend too much on my probiotics, and omega 3 and other vitamins to buy good quality for all my vits.
What's working for me:

Diet:
-Avoiding gluten. Small portions of rice, sweet potatoes, potatoes and quinua for carbs.
-No milk, but I do enjoy small quanities of other full fat dairy
-Lots of fruits, veggies, water, eggs, fish, chicken, turkey, and occasionally red meat
-Green smoothies a few times a week
-Green tea everyday

Supplement:
-1000 IU D3 on non-sunny days. Will up it to 4000 again come fall.
-Zinc, 50 mg twice a week
-Omega 3, 3 times per day

Routine:

Evening- remove makeup with a few drops of jojoba oil, clean with hemp oil soap, moisturize with a bit more jojoba oil.
-Sleeping for a minimum of 8 hours a night, in darkness
-Walking the dog everyday and yoga once a week

Eating as healthy and organically as possible, applying only natural products to body, stressing less, exercising more, getting sunshine, camping, laughing lots.

________________________________________________________________________________

Link to my log, complete with progress photos!: CLICK!

#23 ohsailor

ohsailor

vegantastic.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Thehoper @ Jul 15 2011, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohsailor, yeah there are a bunch of organic mouthwashes. I always go for alcohol free. Maybe the reason why people get tongue cancer is because excess alcohol in the mouth? Not to mention all the other crap they put in comerical mouth wash like blue #1 and blue #5 which I've read can do a lot of damage.

i've used dentyl active before (with the two different layers of mouthwash) and it has definitely broke me out around the mouth because as soon as i stopped, my skin around my mouth was fine.

its quite disturbing how many additives are in a simple thing like mouthwash that you don't even think about.
finacea log
vegan.
avoiding gluten, tomatoes, caffeine, sodium, citrus fruits, apples and soya.

#24 TheAssassin

TheAssassin

Goin' HAM

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (abigailwheeler @ Jul 15 2011, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (GreenEyes33 @ Jul 14 2011, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yoga, walking, jojoba oil, green tea, healthy diet, sunshine, and lots of sleep!

If only I could manage to work full time and make sure I get all of those everyday!

Greeneyes!

Firstly, I want to say that since I started taking D3 on your recommendation, my skin has become 99% clear. Of course there could be a lot of other factors involved but I am super happy with the results.

Secondly, I used to go to yoga classes every week (loved them, the teacher is amazing) but they are too expensive... I really want to do it at home but have found that reading the moves from a book makes the whole thing not at all fluid or relaxing like the classes were. Do you have any tips?

I was actually looking for a video on sleeping the other day and came across this. There are a ton of full length videos on their channel as well as in the suggestion on the side from other users.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lKm7Br6PaGw

#25 TheFearlessFace

TheFearlessFace

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Herbal teas and cutting out gluten have helped tremendously for me. A multivitamin and probiotics are good additions to the diet as well. Topically, use the most natural (even homemade) products possible. Raw honey makes a great antibacterial mask.

#26 shadetabi

shadetabi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

I wash my face and body with only water, drink lemon water a lot, and consume those herbs

#27 shadetabi

shadetabi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Water only method has noticeably improved my acne but I've always had very minimal acne. Oily skin is my big problem and washing my face with water has slighlty inproved the oil too but not greatly. I've been drinking a lot of lemon water in hopes to balance my internal ph levels and that has slighly helped my complexion as well. As far as supplements I am currently experimenting with saw palmetto and rosemary capsules so I'll see how that goes.