Photo

My 95% success!!!

needling silicone

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#41 rustymetal

rustymetal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 06:59 PM

Oldguy,
You're point is a credible one regarding legal actions, however you're post in no way implied that. Just be careful with what you say and how you say it, we do after all, want to foster positive energy rather than rude or dismissive remarks at a scar support group. Also regarding your comments, the filler is approved by the European version of the FDA (and will soon be in the states in about a year's time), and like I said, credible doctors in wealthy areas of Southern California highly recommend and refer their own patients to the clinic. bb_eusa_doh.gif

#42 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 09:36 AM

I think it's fantastic this has worked well for you! At this point in time, I personally wouldn't have silicone injected into my body because years ago, I took some photographs (for legal purposes) of the damage done to a woman due to silicone implants. I don't rememeber the exact details because it was over 10 years ago, but I do remember that it wasn't pretty and that the woman was emotionally damaged from her experience.

#43 happy*gal

happy*gal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:08 PM

Hi there, does anyone know if silicone fillers can be used to treat scarred pores? I am sooooo desperate to get rid of the few that I have. Any suggestions?

#44 rustymetal

rustymetal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 05:43 PM

I'm personally going to start with a 50% TCA cross for my scarred pores. There has been success on scarred pores on this forum using CROSS.

#45 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 06:00 PM

Rusty, you are right. I've had excellent results on my scarred pores with 50% tca. Good luck.

#46 blade007

blade007

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:57 AM

@rebgirly:

How many weeks did you spend between your nededling sessions?

#47 ArcticMonkey

ArcticMonkey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:02 AM

Rebylgirl, what other kind of dermabrasion is there aparts from the wire brush method? also who done you dermabrasion, and were the results excellant?

Thanks!

#48 Healtysceptic

Healtysceptic

Healthysceptic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2004 - 02:24 AM

[QUOTE=MissShady,Sep 5 2004, 05:49 AM] [color=green]Rebylgirl, what other kind of dermabrasion is there aparts from the wire brush method? also who done you dermabrasion, and were the results excellant?

Try to PM her for the info.

#49 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:25 PM

What a wonderful story! I am bumping this thread since some of you have complained of the link not working. I truly hope this is the answer to my prayers, but only time and patience will tell.

#50 Rupert

Rupert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:20 PM

We acne scar sufferers suffer horrible dilemmas don't we?

On the one hand you have a treatment (silicone microdroplet) which even doctors say is highly effective for acne scarring. However the conseqences of you having a problem don't bear thinking about, maybe years down the line. In your face as well. I personally don't think that the bad stories you have heard about silicone is because of not using the pure stuff. I have read an article where a doctor was saying he was now having to deal with problem patients injected by other doctors who used the pure stuff. It was these very doctors who were crying from the rooftops about how problems were solely from the use of non pure silicone. Their patients. My own hunch is that the problem is silcone, not any technique or type of it. Just silicone.

But what a decision for people with proper scarring to have to make. Either waste our lives here at acne org trying bullshit treatments that don't work or get silicone microdroplet, enjoy life and just hope that it neither migrates later in life or fks up our face permanent at some point.

Horrible dilemma for anybody considering it. I'm sure we would all like the results, just no thank you to silicone.

#51 Optimistic

Optimistic

optimistic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:48 PM

Ylem it's good to hear that ur not giving up hope yet! I felt so bad for u after reading one of ur recent posts. You'll find a cure don't give up, b optimistic, and stay as determined as u are.
smile.gif

#52 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:17 PM

I think there will always be problems some have with the silicone allergies but there have been many with the silicone in their faces for 30 years with no probs. It's a risk but apparently a small one from my research, it probably won't ever get FDA approved for the cosmetic reasons because the risk does involve such harsh consequences.

#53 Peqkx

Peqkx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:37 PM

any before/after pics?

#54 scarface78

scarface78

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:35 PM

Has anyone in had silicone micro injections from Dr. Forrest Brown in Dallas, TX? I've been quoted from Dr. Brown's office and am wondering if anyone else has or has heard of the results?

Thanks!!

#55 Datura

Datura

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:32 PM

Does anyone here know where the original poster got this done? I apologize if I missed it somewhere in the thread. I'm assuming she doesn't post here anymore. Hell, I wouldn't either if my skin was all better. lol.

#56 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(Datura @ Oct 23 2006, 06:32 PM) View Post

Does anyone here know where the original poster got this done? I apologize if I missed it somewhere in the thread. I'm assuming she doesn't post here anymore. Hell, I wouldn't either if my skin was all better. lol.

I actually noticed she was last active on 10/20/2006. Very mysterious to find this one out. Either she's just here to help others out or she has once again become distressed over her scars, making silicone ineffective. Rebellygrl, where are you?? Please post!!

#57 Rupert

Rupert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:58 PM

^^ I saw this info the other day and Pmed her to ask rebellygirl if she still pleased with her results. I haven't heard anything back yet. Will post if do. biggrin.gif

#58 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(Rupert @ Oct 24 2006, 01:58 PM) View Post

^^ I saw this info the other day and Pmed her to ask rebellygirl if she still pleased with her results. I haven't heard anything back yet. Will post if do. biggrin.gif

Thanks a bunch. I also pmed her over a week ago and also have not heard anything back. I don't want to say I am smelling a rat here yet. I really hope her improvement has held up, and would love for her to come back to the boards and post about the microdroplet again.

#59 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

bump

#60 acnescar123

acnescar123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me