needling silicone

64 replies to this topic

#21 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:04 PM

I don't think it's widely accepted because sometimes people develop complications from it's use. I have read a few posts from people who had it done in Mexico who developed hard knots where the silicone was injected.

But....I'm very, very happy for RGirl because I know that she tried a lot of things and sounds very happy. I celebrate her happiness! smile.gif

#22 morris

morris

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:21 PM

Hi Rgirl and MeetPete Or Anybody,

What type of procedure would you suggets for my scars?
Please see below link.
I have scars on cheeks and nose.
When I stretch the skin(cheeks) they dissapear completely.
I'm tired of people calling me Alpacino / F***face etc.... You Know

My Photos

#23 oldguy

oldguy

moderation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:23 PM

Silicone, like the newer "permanent" fillers, (bio-alcamid, newfill, etc.) is supposed to use a series of small injections. A person's own collagen will bind itself to it when it's properly done. These fillers can cause granulomas, migration, and have various other problems. I suggest that people don't have medical procedures done in places that haven't learned to produce clean drinking water.

#24 agua2004

agua2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (morris @ Sep 2 2004, 05:08 PM)

Please see below link.

My Photos

Call them things too. But basically, maybe they are not worth of your time, why hanging around with people that tell you these things? Even if they "say" them as jokes, they probably do it to satisfy and arouse their twisted senses.

Anyway, I am not expert, but perhaps a filler, punch grafts and dermabrasion in the end could help. Perhaps other people, more experienced on this can give you much better suggestions.

#25 Healtysceptic

Healtysceptic

Healthysceptic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:44 PM

Congrats Rebelgirl , and thanks for backing up what I have known and stated in many posts on this board. All the stuff you listed you did for your scars , Smoothbeam, etc., is a scam. Absolutley useless for even minor correction and then the scarring reappears. Continued good luck,
James

#26 slacko

slacko

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:00 PM

congrats smile.gif

#27 Chloe646

Chloe646

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:23 PM

I think it's awesome that you've found a solution and are now happy with your skin! But keep in mind that smoothbeam, peels, etc, have worked for a lot of people...it just depends on how bad someone's scarring is...peels and nonablative lasers could give fanatstic results for moderate/mild marks and imperfections.

Just because milder treatments don't work on deeper scars does not mean they don't work (even hardcore treatments like dermabrasion and ablative lasers are not meant for severe/deep scars and most people with the milder scarring who would respond to these treatments most likely take a pass on them because of milder effective treatment options that are available and the hardcore neture of stuff like CO2 lasers or dermabrasion)...I've had success with light peesl and IPL which is even milder than smoothbeam and it's lasted, IPL was done a while ago but i never had deep scars to begin with and the scarring was mostly redness..

#28 rebellgyrl

rebellgyrl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(mrstupor @ Sep 2 2004, 04:13 PM)
rebell

WHERE did you have your Silicon done at? which doctor, which city?
thanks.

[
biggrin.gif

#29 rebellgyrl

rebellgyrl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Meet Pete @ Sep 2 2004, 05:38 PM)
Im happy for your personal success but can you or anyone tell me why if LIS is so wonderful why it has not been adopted universally as a dermal filler. At one point the FDA was prosecuting Docs who used it but they have stopped doing that even though it does not have their stamp of approval for use as a dermal filler. There are many drugs and treatments which if misused can cause harm but these have never been banned the way LIS was so Im curious to know why LIS was singled out in particular. Folks may want to try fat transfer before they try synthetic fillers. Ive had a small test area of fat done and it seems to be permanent which is not always the case with fat as it is dependant on a whole range of variables but certainly worth trying. You may want to read up on Dr Sydney Coleman who is the pioneer of modern fat transfer who claims to achieve very long term if not permanent results from his technique which has been widely adopted by Docs around the world doing this procedure. Dr Sydney Coleman

Well, my own personal beliefs are that silicone gets a bad wrap because
a: its cheap( youre cured at a much less cost)
B: its permanent( you dont have to keep coming back)
c: its easy to obtain, so any idiot can buy it in like tj, or from a lab, and try to inject you, not knowing what they are doing.
Also, some folks have a predispostion , allergy to silicone.

When done via the micro droplet....You dont get granulomas, or the product"traveling" because it "sticks" to the area injected, causing it to swell. Overtime the silicone slowly dissipates from your body, (it is believed) and the swelling caused by the bodys desire to"heal itself" stays, thus leaving behind the correction...much like the idea behind a subcision I suppose.

Please, please see someone who has experience in this. Not just anyone.

Also, ive been told by some, not my dr though, you should have healhty teeth and gums. If you get bacteria in your body from your teeth, while getting lis treatments, it ups your chances of it getting infected for that time.

#30 rebellgyrl

rebellgyrl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Denise2 @ Sep 2 2004, 05:51 PM)
I don't think it's widely accepted because sometimes people develop complications from it's use. I have read a few posts from people who had it done in Mexico who developed hard knots where the silicone was injected.

But....I'm very, very happy for RGirl because I know that she tried a lot of things and sounds very happy. I celebrate her happiness! smile.gif

Denise!!! How are you?

Yes, I did ALOT, and finally im so happy! I have tot hank you though, you bring so much positive information to everyone here, youre amazing!

*hug*

#31 rebellgyrl

rebellgyrl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (morris @ Sep 2 2004, 06:08 PM)

Please see below link.

My Photos

Okay, your scarring is not in any way severe to my eye, though I know its relative for everyone. Anyone calling u names is just an asshole/ prick looking for the smallest of flaws to make u feel bad.

Like the poster said below, subcision, a filler or maybe even a mild dermabrassion( no wire brush involved) would be great for you.

Good luck!

#32 rustymetal

rustymetal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Tennis, Film and Music, Clubbing

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:08 PM

Yeah I agree with whoever said that different treatments are needed for different people. If you have deep rolling scars and icepicks, you shouldn't expect a smooth skin surface after any kind of filler treatment. However if you have indents, pitted scarring, or mild rolling scars, than you can expect good results depending on the filler/Doctor's skill level. Someone brashly mentioned not trusting the clinic located south of the border, I suggest they do they're research first, as I did. It's actually American run, and highly recommended by Doctors all over the West L.A. area (wealthy part of town in Southern California) for it's cleanliness, professionalism and effectiveness. So people remember to do you're research first, before embarking on any treatment/clinic. Silicone injections (via microdroplet method) sounds promising though.

#33 guy17

guy17

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:45 PM

can u do this procedure on icepick scars?

#34 morris

morris

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:16 AM

Thanks Rebelgirl and Aqua2004.
I will try some punch technique followed by light dermabrasion.
Rebelgyrl, who was your doc for filler?

Thanks

#35 oldguy

oldguy

moderation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:13 AM

Playing devil's bb_icon_twisted.gif advocate's advocate here, imho it's alarmist to worry about mercury fillings. The problems with silicone breast implants? I don't even know if that was valid or not. I think the jury was just freaked out by the few women out of thousands that had problems. (Ok I got my data from the movie Breast Men lol) My point: Silicon is the 2nd most common element in the earth. (Oxygen is 1st) Regardless, I would probably inject radioactive dung into my face if it would give me smooth skin. bb_eusa_sick.gif

rustymetal, I was the one that made the comment about Mexican doctor visits. I did not mean to be brash. It's just that Americans (and Canadians) are protected by laws, the FDA, highly trained and licensed doctors, etc., and if anything goes wrong their can be legal recourse. Cross the border and all of your protections are gone. "American run" does not make it more credible, it only would make me wonder if they maimed a patient or something and had to leave the country. bb_eusa_shifty.gif Anyway, just a civil disagreement and no offense to anyone, I just want people to be careful.

#36 dave666

dave666

Fighting scars

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:41 AM

Rebellgyrl - Did you have any redness/red marks? If so how did you get rid of them?
Have you ever had subcision?
How bad was your scarring?
Also, what % improvement did you see after the silicon injections but before the dermabrasion?

Cheers.

#37 blade007

blade007

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 06:16 AM

I would be careful with pemanent fillers. Sure, they give the best results in short term, but for permanent fillers there are no studies in long term. You also can not compare silicon injections into skin with breast implantats, this is totally different topic.
The best way to go is using non permanent fillers like Restylane, you may achieve good results for some weeks/months without any risk in future. With furture I mean 5 years, ten years. My dermatologist warned me all the time before permanent fillers, there has been so much trouble in the long term.
Skin is changing over the years, and permanent fillers can't react intelligent to these changes. If permanent fillers like silicon would be the solution for acne scars, it would be known and recommended from all dermatologists. But it is not yet. Maybe this is a good solution and dermatologist will recommend it in ten years, IMO it is safer not to be pioneer for a new procedure. A scar from cutting out dermal fillers is much noticable than an acne scar...

Best @all

#38 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 08:12 AM

RGirl: (((BIG HUG))) back to you!! I'm so happy for you!! biggrin.gif It's great to see you around.

OldGuy: There is more than enough information out there about the dangers of mercury fillings. So many people have had success treating various "untreatable" illnesses when removing them, that you shouldn't treat it so lightly.

Good reading: http://www.karlloren...rasound/p24.htm

http://www.cfspages.com/

#39 amnesiac

amnesiac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (rebellgyrl @ Sep 2 2004, 08:37 PM)
[QUOTE=morris,Sep 2 2004, 06:08 PM]
maybe even a mild dermabrassion( no wire brush involved) would be great for you.

Good luck!

why not wire brush dermabration??
Isn't this what Dr.Y uses?

#40 scarred4life?

scarred4life?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:56 PM

hey rebylgirl,
what kind of down time did you experience from your silicone injections?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users