alternatives for cleansers?help...

6 replies to this topic

#1 craig s

craig s

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:02 AM

Ok, so i have been using only water and moisturiser on my face for about a month now and im glad to say that it hasnt really changed my skin for the bad, however i am getting really frustrated with my skin always feeling tight and raw.

i have come to the conclusion that i have very sensitive skin as even the most gentle cleansers dry out my skin and make my skin feel so tight that it goes shiny even if there is no oil on my skin.

I have tried every cleanser available including cetaphil, nuetrogena extra gentle skin cleanser, dove soap and a variety of natural (and very expensive) skin cleansers. all seem to make my face feel tight even if i tissued off the excess and used no water.
if i used water with these it would be even worse...

I just dont know what to use on my face anymore, the water works well enough but it still makes my face tight and dry and very uncomfortable. i cant put on moisturiser during the day because it just sits on the surface and doesnt absorb plus i cant stand the feel of anything gluggly on my face.moisturising at night is all well and good but i have to wash in the morning coz my face is so shiny from it and after i have washed my face is dry again.Its a crazy circle. mad.gif

Even if i use just one splash of water, yep one, it still manages to dry it out.
arrrrrrrhhhhh

Surrely i am not the only one whos skin is this sensitive?

What are other alternatives for cleansers or ways of cleansing?(not mayonaise)
my face hasnt felt good for as long as i remember.Please any help is appreciated.

#2 ipodist

ipodist

the realist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:02 PM

Sorry to hear about that. Well the best thing I can recommend is that you definitely moisturize your face.

Maybe you can try Cetaphil cleanser w/o water. Just wipe it off, leaving a thin layer on your skin. I do it sometime every once in a while, but not enough consecutively. I've seen a thread floating around here that advocates this method alone.

#3 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:06 PM

It may be your topicals drying you out.

Also, I think everyone's face gets temporarily tighter after water. I happen to like it(I'm older). I do think you have to wash with water at least once a day.

The other person is right, you need to moisturize. Try a natural oil, like emu or jojoba.

#4 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:10 PM

Try a week of just washing with water and no moisturizers. Your skin might be oiled-out because of the moisturizer.

#5 Jaya

Jaya

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:22 PM

OMG! i have the same thing, my skin goes completly shinny and not oily. and u cant really move your face cos tiny cracks form some how and then it goes all flakey, and if my face feels gloggy or oily i HAVE TO!!! wash it again, cos im very paranoid which makes it worse, but ive found out that most people with this condition wash their face way too much and if u cut down abit, like extend the amout of time between washes it will help sooooooo much eusa_dance.gif

#6 nevermind

nevermind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:48 PM

craig PoBoy has described his skin somewhat similarly to yours. He has great success with his regimen. Here's his Success Story

I think you need to try a different moisturiser, not all of them sit on the surface and look shit. Ive just found Olay Complete Protective Lotion with SPF 15 (fragrance free) to feel good and be totally invisible a couple of minutes after application, so I can re-apply during the day without lookin like I have.

#7 gymrat7676

gymrat7676

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:38 AM

make sure that the cleanser does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate. check out makeupalley.com and look at nora80's notepad or marmalade80's notepad for gentle cleanser recs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users