Photo
- - - - -

Head and Shoulders for Body acne!?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 kayreedee

kayreedee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

I have basically moderate body acne. I recently used this shaving moisturizing stuff from Veet or s/t like that, and one of those gel shavers, and that broke me out on my legs and a few pimples on arms and stomach and chest I think, also I believe what has also caused that could have been Head and Shoulders Classic Clean I used it for 2 days and BROKE OUT ALL OVER, the pimples on my chest and arms got really bad!!!!!!

1.So what do you guys to with Head and shoulders to clear your body acne?
2. Do you leave it on for about an hour or longer/shorter before your shower then wash it off and scrub with a loofah with it again?
3.Do you leave it on overnight?

JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU DO, PLEASE I WANT HEAD AND SHOULDERS TO WORK FOR MY BODY ACNE. brow.gif

I also am using Gold Bond Extra Strength Body Powder. (green bottle)
1. How should I use that?
2. How often should I use it?
3. How much of it should I use?

#2 Guest_davidtheskinking_*

Guest_davidtheskinking_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:02 PM

People use head and shoulders to get rid of acne? Seems like it would only make it worse! google the ingredients of it... it's far from natural and skin supporting.

#3 Tindon

Tindon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:43 PM

Actually it depends on how your skin reacts to it. Your skin might have an allergen to one of the ingredients or multiple. Heads and Shoulders works for me, but it's occasionally a hit and miss. But it did a swell up job on my body acne. Although it does dry my skin out a bit.

You should do research next time before trying out a new product and read some reviews from people who used Heads and Shoulders or any other product.

#4 philopian tube

philopian tube

XD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (kayreedee @ Jul 12 2011, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.So what do you guys to with Head and shoulders to clear your body acne?
2. Do you leave it on for about an hour or longer/shorter before your shower then wash it off and scrub with a loofah with it again?
3.Do you leave it on overnight?

I also am using Gold Bond Extra Strength Body Powder. (green bottle)
1. How should I use that?
2. How often should I use it?
3. How much of it should I use?

Head and Shoulders Shampoo isn't used for body acne, it's used for pityrosporum folliculitis or better known as PF, which is commonly mistaken for body acne, thus misdiagnosed all the time. There are different variations to apply H&S onto the body. It's best not to use a loofah as it may cause irritation towards resulting in more breakouts.

For Gold Bond, you just apply to skin after cleansing.

I will re-post my quotes from previous threads.

#5 philopian tube

philopian tube

XD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (psycho @ Jul 5 2011, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here are a few common over the counter products used to treat PF;

• Head and Shoulders
  • Nizoral Shampoo (1% Ketoconazole)
  • ZNP Bar
  • Salicylic acid
  • Selsun Blue Shampoo

I'm next going to post some variations of how to apply some of these products.

QUOTE (psycho @ Jul 5 2011, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
  • Apply onto skin, wash off
  • Apply onto skin for 5 - 7 minutes, wash off
  • Apply onto skin, get out of shower, let air dry

#6 philopian tube

philopian tube

XD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

I recently used this shaving moisturizing stuff from Veet or s/t like that, and one of those gel shavers, and that broke me out on my legs and a few pimples on arms and stomach and chest I think

First of all, shaving your body, especially with a razor can cause irritation resulting in breakouts, and you are using a moisturizing lotion that isn't oil free. I suggest you look into buying an electric shaver if you must shave your body, if you don't have to, then don't.

Acne doesn't normally appear on the legs or stomach, which is an indicator showing that it could be a form of folliculitis.

#7 philopian tube

philopian tube

XD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (davidtheskinking @ Jul 12 2011, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People use head and shoulders to get rid of acne? Seems like it would only make it worse! google the ingredients of it... it's far from natural and skin supporting.

That isn't entirely true for that matter. The OP will soon realize that it isn't acne he/she is dealing with, but in fact it is a form of folliculitis, perhaps Pityrosporum Folliculitis.

Sure, some ingredients may cause acne to be more irritated, and may not be the best for the skin, but this isn't treated for acne.

#8 Tindon

Tindon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

I'm getting a tiny little breakout on my rear, left side. I'm not sure what's causing it or something I'm allergic to. But the heads and shoulders is keeping it from getting out of control but it used to work very effectively so I wouldn't get breakouts at all. Could the effect of heads and shoulders be wearing off? I'm using the one with Pyritione Zinc, 1%. I don't think we have the 4% pyritione zinc in our area.

Edited by Billinator, 13 July 2011 - 09:21 PM.

#9 philopian tube

philopian tube

XD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Billinator @ Jul 13 2011, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm getting a tiny little breakout on my rear, left side. I'm not sure what's causing it or something I'm allergic to. But the heads and shoulders is keeping it from getting out of control but it used to work very effectively so I wouldn't get breakouts at all. Could the effect of heads and shoulders be wearing off? I'm using the one with Pyritione Zinc, 1%. I don't think we have the 4% pyritione zinc in our area.

I wouldn't think that there is any kind of tolerance/resistance buildup concerning H&S like there is commonly with BP. My advice would be consistent with use and try to avoid any unnecessary irritation.

#10 Tindon

Tindon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (psycho @ Jul 13 2011, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Billinator @ Jul 13 2011, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't think that there is any kind of tolerance/resistance buildup concerning H&S like there is commonly with BP. My advice would be consistent with use and try to avoid any unnecessary irritation.

Ok and I'll try the cold water method if I can handle it lol. My face is perfectly clear and so is my back but I'm not sure why I get it on this one area. It's annoying and someday it will completely clear up for good.

#11 philopian tube

philopian tube

XD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

Good luck Billinator!

#12 buzz08

buzz08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

Heads and Shoulders works for me, but it's occasionally a hit and miss. But it did a swell up job on my body acne.

So Billinator, how long did it take you to start seeing results from Head and Shoulders?

Edited by buzz08, 30 August 2011 - 04:15 PM.