Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please tell me if am ugly severe acne scars

34 posts in this topic

hi guys i thin k this is wrong category but i am very insecure about my face

i think am ugly with acne scars

Please tell me what you think

Pics was taken under light

post-154069-1310355499_thumb.jpg

post-154069-1310355513_thumb.jpg

post-154069-1310355531_thumb.jpg

post-154069-1310355540_thumb.jpg

post-154069-1310355554_thumb.jpg

post-154069-1310355499_thumb.jpg

post-154069-1310355513_thumb.jpg

post-154069-1310355531_thumb.jpg

post-154069-1310355540_thumb.jpg

post-154069-1310355554_thumb.jpg

Topics with titles like these really upset me. You are not ugly. There are lots of scarred, attractive guys. You should smile instead of just staring straight into the camera. That would instantly make you appear more friendly and warm. You should have more confidence because you have nothing to worry about.

Topics with titles like these really upset me. You are not ugly. There are lots of scarred, attractive guys. You should smile instead of just staring straight into the camera. That would instantly make you appear more friendly and warm. You should have more confidence because you have nothing to worry about.

Me too you aren't ugly, it's funny what we see ourselves and what can really get to us but you are not ugly and if a good looking guy had scars it wouldn't change the fact that I thought he was good looking at all.

No, you are not ugly!! I would highly suggest though that you get an oatmeal alvocado mask and apply it to your face, leave on around 15 mins rinse off and your scars will be tightened and smaller and smoother looking. the results will help a lot with over all appearance of your type of skin. moisturize lightly after. I speak from experience.

one more thing. be lucky you are a guy! its more acceptable for guys to have scars and still be attractive than it is for women!! also, you are probably focusing too much on your skin, making it seem worse. if you are that insecure about your skin you could also try growing facial hair. it will hide it.

You are soooo not ugly! I think you are very attractive actually. ;)

Carrie Lee's Routine:

AM: Clenia Foaming Wash...Cetaphil Moisturizer

PM: Dan's Jojoba oil to remove makeup...Clenia Foaming Wash...Retin-A Microgel .04% mixed with Dan's Jojoba oil...Cetaphil Moisturizer

Every 3 days: Lightly scrub face with oatmeal

Vitamins and Prescriptions:

Junel FE 1/20...Multi-Vitamin...Solodyn 80MG ER...Tetracycline...Mirena IUD...Loestrin28...Lemon juice (dryness galore!)

Lots of water w/lemon juice

Make-up

I don't need concelear anymore but this worked great ---> AmazingCosmetics AmazingConcealer

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation

bareMinerals Mineral Veil

My personal regimen log with pics

it´s sad when people who are really attractive...think they are ugly.

you are very cute! :) but i think you should smile a little bit...there´s no need for you to feel ugly...there are tons of girls who are dying for you...the thing is that...you don´t know it yet. ;)

people like to succeed. but they hate successful people.

if you don´t accept who you are...who else is gonna do it?

If a guy doesn´t love because of your acne...If a guy doesn´t accepts you for who you are...than he was never worth your time.eusa_naughty.gif

As everyone has said, your not ugly. If you are self conscious then I would invest in either laser treatment and/or needling. And just like a previous post said, your a guy, so no one cares. Just be glad your not a girl.

29 Year Old Female

Started Claravis 7/14/11

6 Months @ 80mg a Day

Ended 1/13/12

A grand total of 14,400mg!

If I'm correct, at 60kg that comes to 240mg per kg.

I believe that 200mg per kg is the most you should have, but they say more depending on how severe your acne is. And considering this is my 3rd course, I'm okay with this very high dosage.

After much research in talking with my dermatologist, Beautypedia.com, makeupalley.com and non-comedogenic charts found @http://www.zerozits..../acnedetect.htm I have decided to use the following toiletries. There is many other brands I could have chosen, but I decided to stick with all natural ingredients. Make-up was a little trickier to find with all natural ingredients for what I wanted. Maybe after my marks diminish, I will be able to switch to a more natural one.

SKINCARE:

Cleanser-"Alba Botanica Rainforest" Foaming Cream Cleanser-This removes make-up well

Toner-"Alba Botanica Rainforest" Refreshing Mist Toner-This helps to make sure there's no residual make-up

Moisturizer-"Alba Botanica Rainforest" Lush Facial Cream-Use at night

Retinol A-"Tretinoin" 0.05% Perscription-I will use this 1 month post accutane, mixed in my moisturizer

Eye Moisturizer-"Alba Botanica" Green Tea Eye Gel-You don't need this, but I like it

Sunblock For Face-"MyChelle" Replenishing Solar Defense-Use in Morning

Make-up:

Primer-"Giorgio Armani" Fluid Master Primer-Before Foundation

Foundation-"Giorgio Armani" Lasting Silk UV Foundation-I use with a foundation brush

Concealer-"YSL" Anti-Cernes

Loose Setting Powder-"Giorgio Armani" Micro-Fil Loose Powder

Bronzer Powder-"Smashbox" Bronze Lights

Blush-"Dior" Glowing Powder Blush

***I obviously use other make-up also, but I tried to only concentrate on what I use on my skin.

No, not at all! And that was brave to take pictures of your skin so close up because I don't think I could do that. Even people with clear skin will have any little flaw show up when you look at it that close.

I'm a guy, so I'm not going to say if your ugly or not, obviously. But you do NOT have severe acne scars. It's not as bad as you think it is. Look up "severe acne scars" on google and that's what the REAL severe acne scars look like.

Oh, and you say the picture was taken under light. Then, it's NOWHERE near as bad as you think it is. My face looks like absolute shit when I look in a mirror where the lights are shining RIGHT above you. When I have a mirror like in the center of the room and I look in the mirror, my skin looks fine and that's what it REALLY looks like to people in public. The lighting (where it shines RIGHT on you) exaggerates things.

December 21, 2012

Look at Heidi Klum's husband, Seal! A lot of women find him very attractive and his face has many scars. His wife's a damn a supermodel!

And honestly, your scars are invisible compared to his. They're not that noticeable unless you point them out

I think some guys actually look good with acne and/or scars. It gives character. Very attractive ;) haha. Confidence and a smile makes me see past anyone's flaws.

REGIMEN:

AM: Wash with Cetaphil, Jojoba Oil and Aloe Vera as moisturizer

PM: Wash with Cetaphil, apply Epiduo(topical), Jojoba Oil and Aloe Vera 1 hour after.

Twice a week: Baking Soda mask(leave on for 1 hour)

Face Status:85% clear

My blog on acne and Epiduo progress...> Here,click me!

"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight." -Phyliss Diller

You have very strong, handsome features...it would take some serious disfigurement to make you unattractive...and those acne scars are definitely not severe disfigurement.

I agree with other posters. Also, realize that people are not going to be staring at your face 1 inch away from it!

You are not ugly! You have a very nice facial structure and your features in themselves are quite attractive. We will eventually have clear skin and scars fade but you can't really change your bone structure. Not unless you get surgery or something invasive!

Personally, I'd much rather date someone with gorgeous bone structure and acne/acne scars vs someone with the clearest complexion but not so pleasant facial features.

And also, acne scars on dudes only makes them more rugged and sexy. It's harder for us girls to make our acne scars appear anything less than unattractive.

You have acne scars, yes. But is it ugly? No. I never thought acne scars were ugly. I mean, I don't paticularly like having them on my face either, but we always tend to be more judgmental of ourselves. I never think other peoples acne scars look bad but I hate my own, so I understand how you feel. If it bothers you, there are treatments that can help make it a bit better, not 100% but better, such as laser, micro-needling, and there are over the counter things like maderma for acne scars. I don't think it's necessary though, you look fine. You're an attractive guy, the acne scars don't change that.

Your perception of yourself is reflected in your personality and if girls see that you're insecure with how you look, you'll have a much harder time getting them. It's cool for us guys to care about how we look, but we shouldn't be insecure about some scars. You can try to fix your scars, but there is no guarantee. If anything, you should just workout for a muscular body. It'll help give you confidence. Girls love a man with confidence.

If you honestly think you're ugly, it is more likely that people you meet will think you are. It's how you present yourself.

No, man, you're good looking. Scars make your already defined face look rugged, which is not at all a bad thing, unless you look like a Justin bieber and have a baby face.

And trust me, I'd much rather have scars than the red marks + active acne that I have right now.

Currently on my first course of isotretinoin. You can see my progress here.

You are def not ugly! Acne/scars do not make a person ugly. :\

If anyone needs someone to talk to and vent I am here!

I used to use a lot of stuff on my face, but now I don't and I'm doing much better!

I take:

• Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo ****
On my face:

• NO face makeup (I only wear eyeliner and eyeshadow. No face make up no matter how much it kills me.
  • Coconut Oil when I am in the shower. I let it sit while I am in the warm shower then rinse it off. I also wear it to bed sometimes
What causes my acne:
  • Hormones: **** Ortho threw me off and my face was attacked with acne. UPDATE: My face has calmed down and I only get ONE little pimple when TOM comes to visit every month. :pray:
Face status: I no longer breakout like I did two years ago. I have the crap scars though.

Last updated: May 26, 2015

Hell no, I think you are very cute.

Honestly I don't really notice acne/scars on guys that much. I have a bias and think acne and scars always look very noticeable on girls but on guys I don't notice or care.

Must. Not. Pick!

As a man, I wont comment on your looks cause, that is just plain gay. I will say, you need to have a better opinion of yourself cause, your self esteem is extremely low, and while that maybe how you feel, it will scare away anyone potentially interested. If you don't believe you deserve a girlfriend, why would she believe your that man for her? It all starts with you man. Find role models for yourself, someone to look up to, and believe in. Seal is one for me. Brad Pitt, Nicholas Cage, James Wood, Dane Cook, Katy Parry are all suffers of acne/acne scarring. I watched Mr Brooks and I was shocked about Dane Cook's scarring. I did not knew he suffered but, with HD, starts are looking more real then, the perfect painted picture they are put into. It never stopped these people. Seal is unbelievable cause, it didn't stop him, and he made something out of himself. Married a model too.