Photo

Are These Foods Allowed In Candida Diet?

candida

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 tweaker123

tweaker123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

ive been eating very strict candida diet for a month now.
mostly containing meats, chicken and veggies, eggs, fish, and nuts.
But i want to be adding some more foods, are these okay to eat?

1)Buckwheat eg.Soba Noodles, Buckwheat Flour, Kasha(cooked buckwheat groats)
(little amounts, 3 days a week)

2)Brown rice Cooked or steamed

3)Soaked Almonds
(little amounts everyday)

4)Blueberries

5)Grapefruit
(1 per day, 3 days a week)

6)Apples

7)Also What would be the best oil or fat to cook with? Virgin Coconut Oil here is expensive, so im usually just using it as a supplement, and maybe sometimes cooking with it Barely though, to save costs. But i usually cook with Unsalted Butter. Are there any better choices? or just stick with unsalted butter?

#2 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

1.) I'd say no.
2.) Limit it as much as possible.
3.) Generally fine.
4.) As long as you limit it, most likely fine as well.
5.) Fine.
6.) Generally fine.

Some people can tolerate very little fruit on a Candida cleanse, so keep that in mind and adjust accordingly.

7.) Most people would say coconut oil or pastured butter/ghee/tallow are good cooking oils. Many would also advise against using extra virgin olive oil for cooking to avoid oxidation. However, EVOO is actually much more heat stable than people think. Unless you're cooking something for a really extended period of time, you can use any of those. I've also heard great things about avocado oil in regards to frying and cooking (it has an extremely high smoke point) but it's pretty expensive too so I just use it on salads from time to time.
After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.
Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:
-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.
-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.
-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)
-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.
-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.
-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.
-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

#3 Guest_davidtheskinking_*

Guest_davidtheskinking_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (tweaker123 @ Jul 8 2011, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3)Soaked Almonds

4)Blueberries

5)Grapefruit

6)Apples

7)Also What would be the best oil or fat to cook with? Virgin Coconut Oil here is expensive, so im usually just using it as a supplement, and maybe sometimes cooking with it Barely though, to save costs. But i usually cook with Unsalted Butter. Are there any better choices? or just stick with unsalted butter?

No blueberries, grapefruit or apples... the sugar in these even though it's natural feeds candida.
Extra virgin olive oil is good and so is organic coconut oil, I'd recommend cooking with one of those.

Also, get probiotics in your diet and eat cloves! these both work to get rid of candida quicker by balancing good/bad bacteria levels.

David

#4 tweaker123

tweaker123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:02 AM

yeah, but ive been researching and some sites said that in around the 2nd to 3rd month, you can gradually add back some very low GI fruits and some seeds like buckwheat(which isnt a grain, so gluten free)
. but ill stay away from fruits and buckwheat from now. BUT what do you think about transitioning to a PALEO DIET after im done with my candida diet?? i plan to stick with a strict candida diet for around 6 months including colon flushes and all the good supplements. The Paleo diet is basically the same as a candida diet, but includes fruits.
Do you think my candida will be stable inside my stomach, if i started to eat some low gi fruits, after im done with the candida diet? thanks

Edited by tweaker123, 09 July 2011 - 02:03 AM.

#5 Drizzler

Drizzler

Man of the Mountains

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (tweaker123 @ Jul 8 2011, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3)Soaked Almonds

4)Blueberries

5)Grapefruit

6)Apples

You are asking one question but getting two different answers.

Are buckwheat and brown rice allowed on a strict "candida diet" as per the prescribed protocol? No.

Are buckwheat and brown rice "bad" foods that need to be eliminated from the diet entirely/indefinitely?
No.

Buckwheat is extremely nutritious, and one of the few "grains" (a pseudo-grain really, like quinoa) that contains lots of phytase- buckwheat becomes a superfood when soaked and/or fermented. But it is a starchy high-carb food, so might not be the best option for some individuals in their current contexts.

Blueberries, grapefruits, almonds, apples... go to town.

Stick to butter for frying or butter/olive oil for quick sauteing. But favor less intense cooking methods such as steaming, braising, stewing as a rule.

Exercise, eat and live like you are constantly trying to get into the best shape of your life, and it will show, inside and out.

#6 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

buy the coconut oil on amazon, crazy cheap. I never buy it in stores, its 2x the price.

I'd say for now don't eat any grains or starchy veggies. Continue with meat, non starchy veggies, fruit, and little amounts of nuts and seeds. Don't worry about eating fruit, just try to eat it alone. When ya eat fruit with lots of protein or fat, the fruit will be brokenly down rapidly compared to the protein and fat, but won't be able to escape because the darn fat boys and potein slobs are blockin up the exit like bad drivers at a toll booth. Then the fruit causes all kinds of problems sitting in there not getting out, aka gas, inflammation, digestive issues, 'n more.

#7 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (Thehoper @ Jul 10 2011, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
buy the coconut oil on amazon, crazy cheap. I never buy it in stores, its 2x the price.

I'd say for now don't eat any grains or starchy veggies. Continue with meat, non starchy veggies, fruit, and little amounts of nuts and seeds.

But buckwheat is a seed. I would say to have buckwheat, but whole, not ground up, refined, made into pasta, etc. But I'm not into the candida diet. If you've done it for whatever the recommended time is, transition to a real, whole nutrient dense diet in low to moderate GL meals/drinks/snacks adding foods gradually to monitor for food intolerances.

Has your diet helped you yet?

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#8 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

Yeah and teff and quinoa are also seeds, and yet they both have pretty damn high starch levels. Both right around the same as white potatoes. When trying to treat leaky gut or candida it's really important to stay away from starch, it's what it breaking down the villi and small intenstine, keeping it constantly inflammed, the whole point of a leaky gut/candida diet is to replenish the intestinal walls and stay away from anything that inflames or troubles the walls/lining. L-Glutamine is a great supplement to take with an adequate diet.

Once the person begins feeling better and the symptoms have gone away, they can start to reintroduct starchy foods, best being low such as sweet potatoes and bananas, working their way up and just LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. Always listen to your body over anything else you hear, you will benefit a lot more and learn what works for you and what doesn't.

#9 switch124

switch124

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

I went to the doctor who prescribed me niastatin (spell check) for candida. The longer you are into your diet the more lenient you can be.

I would say, yes to all of the above.

Buckwheat is gluten free! It is starchy so eat it in moderation.

Brown rice, also gluten free, the best of the grains! Starchy so eat it in moderation.

For some reason I cant eat almonds but they are very healthy and not loaded with carbs. Therefore, they do not support candida. Also its smart to soak them!

All berrys are acceptable, they are low glycemic (strawberries ehhhh sorta). You should avoid fruits like bananas and grapes because they contain much more natural sugar, but sugar none the less. Also I was told to avoid fruits with nubs on the top, like pears, because they can contain fungus (or something like that)

My doctor recommended I only eat white grapefruits for some reason. Grapefruit is naturally antifugal and may to some extent help your fight against candida

Only green apples are acceptable, and in moderation, according to my doctor.