Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Staying UP late Cause Acne?

29 posts in this topic

It seems to me that if you stay up until 2 or 3 you tend to have more acne? is that true and if so why?

I heard lack of sleep will make you skin worse. And it did for me

8 hours a day is good. I guess that if u sleep at 2, u should wake up at 10.

Dont u just love lancers evovIII, but i like the V and VI better than the new ones huh.gif

Dont u just love lancers evovIII, but i like the V and VI better than the new ones huh.gif

The theory is wildly fluctuating sleep schedules and lack of sleep causes an influx of free radical production. I have never seen scientific proof of it causing acne, but...I do work with someone who works 3rd shift, a lady in her 30's with very fair skin. Says since she's started this shift she's had problems with breakouts....so I dunno.

I refuse to attribute it to acne without a plausible scientific explanation, though.

What time you go to sleep makes no difference, what matters is the amount of time you sleep.

How come u like the older ones?

Evos do rocks!!, i get a better hit off evo stick tho 

How come u like the older ones?

Evos do rocks!!, i get a better hit off evo stick tho 

The older ones look cooler biggrin.gif You still cant beat the almighty RX-7 or the silvia s15's blink.gif

Staying up late could well cause acne.

My skins got worse over the last two weeks and I've been going to sleep past 2 every night.

The reason behind could be that the kidney's typically will release toxins from about 11:00 to 01:00, at a time when you should be sleeping and able to handle such toxins without them recirculating.

What time you go to sleep makes no difference, what matters is the amount of time you sleep.

It is true. I'm an asian, and the Chinese believe that staying up late causes your body to be "heaty", (it's the same feeling u get when you don't drink enough water n kinda dehydrated).

The heat will cause pimples to erupt .

Roughly like that. That's why nutritious soups are important, to "cool" and detoxify the body.

And do u notice that people who work in the nights (and sleep in the daytime) age faster? look carefully.....

Yeah i totally have to agree. My mum is always preparing these chinese soups and to be honest with you, they do help. It detoxifies your body which in turn helps in a reduction of erupt spots.

To detoxify your body, wouldn't you first have to be toxic? I doubt you're toxic if you're breathing and not in a hospital.

Ben, i'm with you bro. Some of the things I see here that supposedly cause acne.....whewwww............. bb_icon_eek.gif

Not true at all.

Sleep patterns is a fairly well researched field, and you can find ample indications suggesting that the quality of you sleep is poor if you work night shifts and sleep at day. Your body simply doesn't restitue itself the way it does at night.

haha im chinese too. Are you guys cantonese? Cause i poke fun of the language all the time as i think some of the words are stupid..like the word for turtle/ghos/chest/expensive sound the same.

I think the 'heaty' is called 'hot air' for cantonese. err, Yeet Hae.

haha. i'm not a cantonese, but i love their food. bb_eusa_pray.gifwink.gif

here's the theory of what aggravates pimples:

First, the food we eat makes our body toxic (all the fried stuff is not that healthy u know). blink.gif THIS IS TRUE.. as u can see that babies' stools are cream-coloured (coz they only drink milk) while adults have dirty brown stools (all the toxins in our body that's passed out to cleanse the organs).

vegans have it good.

Secondly, our bodies are made up of 70% water. drink lots of it to regulate metabolism, and improve renewal processes. it passes out toxins in your body too.

Thirdly, maintain a good sleeping habit. don't stay up late or worse, be a vampire. Your body will get heaty, and PIMPLES will pop..and u look haggard if it continues.

Have you ever wondered why the Chinese/Japanese/Koreans have nice dewy even-toned skin? All coz they follow these traditional formulae from many dynasties ago..and it's still proven to work.

no harm sleeping early right ? smile.gif

First, the food we eat makes our body toxic (all the fried stuff is not that healthy u know). blink.gif THIS IS TRUE.. as u can see that babies' stools are cream-coloured (coz they only drink milk) while adults have dirty brown stools (all the toxins in our body that's passed out to cleanse the organs).

I don't have any facts...but i also think sleeping better will improve your skin.

The more time your body is asleep the more time it has to regerate your body like skin/health etc.

Why do you think you recover faster when your ill if you sleep more often than normal?.

Skin regeneration has nothing to do with acne.

The time you go to sleep means nothing -- if you put me in a dark room at 5am and I slept until 1pm, I wouldn't be any worse off. Your body doesn't know what "time" it is; time is a human invention.

Wrong. Our body synchronizes to sunlight, not to night and day. This is why people in Alaska are pretty asleep for 5 months a year. The time we go to bed means nothing -- it's the added part of the sunlight that affects us. But it's still not the time that matters; if the sun came out at 1pm, it'd all be relative.

I guess u really won't believe anything we say, even if some have said it helped them.

by the way, our bodies pass motion, losing water this way and also through perspiration. Even if we don't replenish the amount of water we lose. Your body gets dehydrated and your skin also loses moisture. simple enough..?

good luck.

bb_wink.gif