Photo

Staying UP late Cause Acne?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 Evo VIII

Evo VIII

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:11 PM

It seems to me that if you stay up until 2 or 3 you tend to have more acne? is that true and if so why?

#2 15yr old

15yr old

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:12 PM

I heard lack of sleep will make you skin worse. And it did for me

#3 drifter88

drifter88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:45 PM

8 hours a day is good. I guess that if u sleep at 2, u should wake up at 10.

Dont u just love lancers evovIII, but i like the V and VI better than the new ones huh.gif

#4 Evo VIII

Evo VIII

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (drifter88 @ Sep 1 2004, 08:32 PM)

Dont u just love lancers evovIII, but i like the V and VI better than the new ones huh.gif

HELL YA!!!!!

#5 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (drifter88 @ Sep 1 2004, 10:32 PM)

How come u like the older ones?

Evos do rocks!!, i get a better hit off evo stick tho bb_lol.gif

#6 duluxdog

duluxdog

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:47 AM

Skin repairs while you sleep.

#7 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:57 AM

The theory is wildly fluctuating sleep schedules and lack of sleep causes an influx of free radical production. I have never seen scientific proof of it causing acne, but...I do work with someone who works 3rd shift, a lady in her 30's with very fair skin. Says since she's started this shift she's had problems with breakouts....so I dunno.

I refuse to attribute it to acne without a plausible scientific explanation, though.

#8 cynic

cynic

without you i'm nothing

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:25 PM

What time you go to sleep makes no difference, what matters is the amount of time you sleep.

#9 drifter88

drifter88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 02:47 PM

Evos do rocks!!, i get a better hit off evo stick tho 

The older ones look cooler biggrin.gif You still cant beat the almighty RX-7 or the silvia s15's blink.gif

#10 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (drifter88 @ Sep 2 2004, 03:34 PM)

Evos do rocks!!, i get a better hit off evo stick tho 

The older ones look cooler biggrin.gif You still cant beat the almighty RX-7 or the silvia s15's blink.gif

They are nice cars indeed!! spesh the rx7, but u are a drifter lad! Evo in those country lanes bb_icon_twisted.gif

#11 michaeleater

michaeleater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 05:37 AM

Staying up late could well cause acne.

My skins got worse over the last two weeks and I've been going to sleep past 2 every night.

The reason behind could be that the kidney's typically will release toxins from about 11:00 to 01:00, at a time when you should be sleeping and able to handle such toxins without them recirculating.

#12 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (cynic @ Sep 2 2004, 09:12 PM)
What time you go to sleep makes no difference, what matters is the amount of time you sleep.

Not true at all.

Sleep patterns is a fairly well researched field, and you can find ample indications suggesting that the quality of you sleep is poor if you work night shifts and sleep at day. Your body simply doesn't restitue itself the way it does at night.

#13 jeanie

jeanie

i grant wishes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 08:35 AM

It is true. I'm an asian, and the Chinese believe that staying up late causes your body to be "heaty", (it's the same feeling u get when you don't drink enough water n kinda dehydrated).

The heat will cause pimples to erupt .

Roughly like that. That's why nutritious soups are important, to "cool" and detoxify the body.

And do u notice that people who work in the nights (and sleep in the daytime) age faster? look carefully.....

#14 iya

iya

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 12:19 PM

Yeah i totally have to agree. My mum is always preparing these chinese soups and to be honest with you, they do help. It detoxifies your body which in turn helps in a reduction of erupt spots.

#15 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 03:50 PM

To detoxify your body, wouldn't you first have to be toxic? I doubt you're toxic if you're breathing and not in a hospital.

#16 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 09:21 PM

Ben, i'm with you bro. Some of the things I see here that supposedly cause acne.....whewwww............. bb_icon_eek.gif

#17 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 September 2004 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (WeCanDoThis @ Sep 4 2004, 07:31 AM)
QUOTE (cynic @ Sep 2 2004, 09:12 PM)

Not true at all.

Sleep patterns is a fairly well researched field, and you can find ample indications suggesting that the quality of you sleep is poor if you work night shifts and sleep at day. Your body simply doesn't restitue itself the way it does at night.

Totally true. Getting to sleep after midnight is bad. Sleep affects hormones a lot.

#18 drifter88

drifter88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 09:35 PM

haha im chinese too. Are you guys cantonese? Cause i poke fun of the language all the time as i think some of the words are stupid..like the word for turtle/ghos/chest/expensive sound the same.

I think the 'heaty' is called 'hot air' for cantonese. err, Yeet Hae.

#19 jeanie

jeanie

i grant wishes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:09 AM

haha. i'm not a cantonese, but i love their food. bb_eusa_pray.gif wink.gif

here's the theory of what aggravates pimples:

First, the food we eat makes our body toxic (all the fried stuff is not that healthy u know). blink.gif THIS IS TRUE.. as u can see that babies' stools are cream-coloured (coz they only drink milk) while adults have dirty brown stools (all the toxins in our body that's passed out to cleanse the organs).

vegans have it good.

Secondly, our bodies are made up of 70% water. drink lots of it to regulate metabolism, and improve renewal processes. it passes out toxins in your body too.

Thirdly, maintain a good sleeping habit. don't stay up late or worse, be a vampire. Your body will get heaty, and PIMPLES will pop..and u look haggard if it continues.

Have you ever wondered why the Chinese/Japanese/Koreans have nice dewy even-toned skin? All coz they follow these traditional formulae from many dynasties ago..and it's still proven to work.

no harm sleeping early right ? smile.gif

#20 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 11:10 AM

First, the food we eat makes our body toxic (all the fried stuff is not that healthy u know). blink.gif THIS IS TRUE.. as u can see that babies' stools are cream-coloured (coz they only drink milk) while adults have dirty brown stools (all the toxins in our body that's passed out to cleanse the organs).

I've never seen an enfant who had cream white stool. It's usually green/brown. You must be thinking a little giraffe. Our stool is brown because we have a complex diet of proteins, carbs, fats, etc... and they happen to be released in a certain color when they are not needed.

Secondly, our bodies are made up of 70% water. drink lots of it to regulate metabolism, and improve renewal processes. it passes out toxins in your body too.

I don't draw the connection here. You state that we're made up of water but don't say what that has to do with drinking lots of it. Know what I mean? Like if I said-- "Blood is 3% salt. Take lots of salt to regulate metabolism." Doesn't mean a thing since our body will always remain around 2/3rd water.

Thirdly, maintain a good sleeping habit. don't stay up late or worse, be a vampire. Your body will get heaty, and PIMPLES will pop..and u look haggard if it continues.

The time you go to sleep means nothing -- if you put me in a dark room at 5am and I slept until 1pm, I wouldn't be any worse off. Your body doesn't know what "time" it is; time is a human invention.