Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbl

sharing experience with raised scars

12 posts in this topic

Seeing as ive posted for advice on a different type of scar, only fair to share my more positive experience with raised scars

I had a raised scar in a oval shape about 1cmx 0.75cm on my jaw line. It was a very obvious lump. I had it surgially excised but unfortunately it grew back almost the same. I was perscribed Haelan tape which i wore for months. Gradually the scar flattened completely and colour normalised. Now it'is hardly noticeable, just a slight scar. maybe the texture is slightly smoother/ shiner but i can honestly say it doesnt bother me at all anymore.

Let us see some pics of that scar now please.

I'm usually talking in reference to my clogged pores/blackheads etc.

i can post a pic but unfortunately dont have any 'before' pics as this was 10 years ago i used the tape. I just thought it was odd the tape hadnt been mentioned on here when it must have been around a long time

here. It still has a shiny texture and still slightly pink even after 10 years but it is flat, rather than the lump it was.

2ziu34l.jpg

GBL do you know where I can get the halean tape without prescription? I can only find it on online pharmacies :(

sorry callum i dont know, i had it from a hospital. I dont think GPs can prescribe it either, if i recall correctly i had to go back to the maxillofacial department to get a repeat prescription.

have you tried this one? it doesnt seem like you need prescription. they have an online dr consultation aswell. I know some places online you can get tprecription items item by describing the symptoms to a dodgy online doctor.

http://www.assetchemist.co.uk/HAELAN_TAPE_7.5CMX50CM/added/56887

i can post a pic but unfortunately dont have any 'before' pics as this was 10 years ago i used the tape. I just thought it was odd the tape hadnt been mentioned on here when it must have been around a long time

here. It still has a shiny texture and still slightly pink even after 10 years but it is flat, rather than the lump it was.

2ziu34l.jpg

thats not a keloid@@!!!!

it WAS before treatment. It was a raised lump of hard scar tissue which extended way beyond the size of the original injury. If that isnt a keloid then what is. As stated i do not have any photos of it. I was given the tape by the maxillo-facial unit for treatment of KELOID scarring as diagnosed by the doctor