Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is this well balanced diet high protein diet?

2 posts in this topic

My Acne Diet

Breakfast

Almonds

One Apple

One Glass of Red Tea (No Sugar)

As Much Water As Possible

Lunch

Baby Carrots

One Sweet Potato

Lima beans

One Slice of Rye Bread With Fake Butter

Dinner

Brown Rice

Broccoli

Skinless Chicken

Snacks

Pistachios

Rye Bread With Fake Butter

Almonds

Pears

Apples

I think it sounds pretty good. Definitely a good place to start. If in a month you're not seeing as much results as you want you may want to try some of the following things:

Limit the bread and rice. Especially the bread. Most people with acne can handle a bit of rice but bread doesn't usually go over well. You can even replace carbs with quinoa which I LOVE.

Limit beans, they're not the best source of protein out there for you.

Add in more eggs and fish. Maybe eggs for breakfast, a bit of fish with your lunch, and then chicken for supper?

Eat chicken with the skin on

Add in healthy fats like olive oil, regular butter, hummus, and avacados

Try adding in more veggies and less fruit. Like 2 servings of fruit per day and 5 servings of veggies

Also be careful not to drink water, or tea while eating or within a half an hour of eating. It upsets the digestive process. In between though continue to drink tons!

What's working for me:

Diet:

-Avoiding gluten. Small portions of rice, sweet potatoes, potatoes and quinua for carbs.

-No milk, but I do enjoy small quanities of other full fat dairy

-Lots of fruits, veggies, water, eggs, fish, chicken, turkey, and occasionally red meat

-Green smoothies a few times a week

-Green tea everyday

Supplement:

-1000 IU D3 on non-sunny days. Will up it to 4000 again come fall.

-Zinc, 50 mg twice a week

-Omega 3, 3 times per day

Routine:

Evening- remove makeup with a few drops of jojoba oil, clean with hemp oil soap, moisturize with a bit more jojoba oil.

-Sleeping for a minimum of 8 hours a night, in darkness

-Walking the dog everyday and yoga once a week

Eating as healthy and organically as possible, applying only natural products to body, stressing less, exercising more, getting sunshine, camping, laughing lots.

________________________________________________________________________________

Link to my log, complete with progress photos!: CLICK!

Also be careful not to drink water, or tea while eating or within a half an hour of eating. It upsets the digestive process. In between though continue to drink tons!

This, and you may find soon that organic is a lot better. Like apples, almonds, tea etc all high in pesticides, organic is the way to go. good luck :)