Photo

Vanessa's Personal Regimen

makeup oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
145 replies to this topic

#141 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

Live fast die young, bad girls do it well.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

August 28

Late night/early morning post because I am friggin' bored.
School is starting in a week, which I'm grateful for. Anything to distract me from obsessing over my skin is a blessing. I notice that I have this weird tingling, prickly feeling in my left cheek, but not anywhere else on my face....really really really strange and I'm beginning to think that there's a correlation between this and the fact that I only scar on that cheek. ugh my life.
It's awesome not having to spend a lifetime in the bathroom applying all this bullshit to my face. I've also started to steam my face while taking a bath/shower to try and encourage all these blackheads to loosen up and I think it's working. My pores are so clogged.
My skin is already beginning to feel less dehydrated...leading me to believe that maybe, less really is more. >_> Once my skin heals, I want to add back oils into my regimen. Lavender, tea tree, and rosehip. But we'll see how this more simple routine goes first.

Edited by KissDontTell, 27 August 2012 - 11:19 PM.

#142 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

August 29

Well, this morning I didn't even use cleanser. I simply splashed my face with water, wiped it down with some witch hazel and applying a shitload of moisturizer. Last night my face (mostly my left cheek, as usual) was so tight and dry that I decided I had to take drastic measures. I probably won't even use a toner later on, and just rinse with water and put on some moisturizer. I have so many fucking superficial lines on my cheeks from them being dried out and some of them have gotten deep to the point where they have developed into actual scars. Absolutely RIDICULOUS. Idk if I should mix a drop of two into my moisturizer later on, just for extra moisture. Totally desperate...I can NOT let my skin dry out. It's crucial that I keep it properly hydrated at all times and avoid all possible irritation. I'm also looking into hyaluronic acid supplements for my skin. I read a testimonial from another woman online who fucked up her face after using Retin-A and chemical peels and her situation sounded really familiar, and after taking these supplements and using this cream and she's repaired her skin. She also used rosehip oil.
I think I'm going to start taking my evening primrose oil supplements again. And perhaps start taking fish oil too, even though I remember it making my skin very oily. I need to fix this because I refuse to let my skin continue to deteriorate.

#143 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

September 1

My routine for the past few days has been the following: in the morning I rinse with water, pat dry, and apply sunscreen (leaves my face really greasy but the sun protection is necessary). In the evening I rinse with water, wipe with witch hazel, pat dry and then apply my moisturizer generously. The witch hazel is more drying than I want right now, but I feel like I need something to remove the sunscreen. On days which I don't wear sunscreen, I will skip the witch hazel and just use water and moisturizer. It's only been a couple of days, but my skin looks and feels like it's FINALLY on the mend. The tight, dry, uncomfortable feeling has improved slightly. Another positive thing to note is that my skin no longer has that weird "sheen" to it that it had when my dehydration was at its worst. It actually looks moisturized. This bullshit is frustrating, but I need to resolve this issue before tackling my acne again. >_> I've learned my lesson, folks. I gently "exfoliated" my right cheek with a damp cotton pad and some blackheads came out. Gross. They make my pores look ginormous. I'm not sure how many more weeks/months it's going to take for my skin to reach a point where I can begin to actually exfoliate again, but when that time comes, at least I'll know what my skin can tolerate. I would love to start off once every 2 weeks to begin...and work my way up to once a week. But that's just me thinking ahead. I still have a long way to go. Posted Image Hopefully when the irritation dies down, my scarring begins to heal as well! All of these issues are related to one another...once I solve one, the rest will fall into place...but I would love to help speed up the process internally.
I'm looking into adding some more supplements into my regimen....am I obsessed? Yeah, probably. So far I'm interested in Neocell Super Collagen Type 1 + 3, Neocell Fish Collagen + HA, and a hyaluronic acid supplement (still searching for one). I want to start taking these ASAP while my scars and skin damage are still relatively new, so there's a better chance for a full recovery.

Edited by KissDontTell, 01 September 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#144 Need Solutions

Need Solutions

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Ive read through some of your posts and totally understand the constant obsessing about your skin all the time. It's like this with me aswell and its constantly in my mind, worrying about how I look, What foods to eat, scared to put things on my face im just thinking about how horrible my face looks all the time .

Thanks for recommending that moisturizer to me and I think im going to buy it and just start putting it on because my skin is just getting worse all the time with me just leaving it been dehydrated all the time because im so scared of blocking up the pores in my face more. Its just madness how it can take over your life ent it? =/

Ive researched everything so much as soon as I hear of a possible downside to something it just makes me extremely scared to try anything so I end up doing nothing and it just gets worse =/

Hopefully you start getting some luck with your skin soon and everything turns round for you because I can totally relate to having your skin rule your life and solving this problem will mean we can all go about our lives been more pleased with out appearance. Obviously apperance's shouldn't matter in life but to a lot of people, including myself in this, they matter loads and it can really destroy your confidence / personality when you feel that people are judging you on your skin.

Some of the things you write are hilarious by the way, lmaooo. Just remember to try and feel good about yourself even with skin problems and they may not be anywhere near as noticable to other people as they are to you, I bet you look beautiful anyway.

I wish I could follow my own advice and not feel so self conscious about my skin all the time =/

Anyway im just going on and on now but just try and be happy and have a good life and hope your skin gets better soon =) and ill let you know if I try anything that works for my skin.

Posted Image

Edited by Need Solutions, 04 September 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#145 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Ive read through some of your posts and totally understand the constant obsessing about your skin all the time. It's like this with me aswell and its constantly in my mind, worrying about how I look, What foods to eat, scared to put things on my face im just thinking about how horrible my face looks all the time .

Thanks for recommending that moisturizer to me and I think im going to buy it and just start putting it on because my skin is just getting worse all the time with me just leaving it been dehydrated all the time because im so scared of blocking up the pores in my face more. Its just madness how it can take over your life ent it? =/

Ive researched everything so much as soon as I hear of a possible downside to something it just makes me extremely scared to try anything so I end up doing nothing and it just gets worse =/

Hopefully you start getting some luck with your skin soon and everything turns round for you because I can totally relate to having your skin rule your life and solving this problem will mean we can all go about our lives been more pleased with out appearance. Obviously apperance's shouldn't matter in life but to a lot of people, including myself in this, they matter loads and it can really destroy your confidence / personality when you feel that people are judging you on your skin.

Some of the things you write are hilarious by the way, lmaooo. Just remember to try and feel good about yourself even with skin problems and they may not be anywhere near as noticable to other people as they are to you, I bet you look beautiful anyway.

I wish I could follow my own advice and not feel so self conscious about my skin all the time =/

Anyway im just going on and on now but just try and be happy and have a good life and hope your skin gets better soon =) and ill let you know if I try anything that works for my skin.

Posted Image

Aww thank you so much for the super nice message. If only you knew how hard this made me smile. Posted Image
Yeah, definitely start using a moisturizer! It might seem like your pores are getting more clogged but you can fix that later. TRUST ME, it's practially impossible to treat all your skin issues at once. I tried to do that and I fucked over my face. -_-
I've really been making an effort to stop obsessing over my skin. School just started this week and I'm realizing that there are quite a few people my age with acne and scars, and they all seem really happy, outgoing and very friendly. And I'm just here thinking that, you know what? You don't need to have perfect skin to lead a normal and happy life. Life still goes on. Obviously I want clear skin, but I'm not going to mope around and be depressed while waiting for that to happen. What's the sense in that???

I'll try to be more positive about my skin, but you have to promise that you'll do the same. I know that you'll find a routine that works for you, it just takes time. Posted Image I'm always here if you need any kind of support. n_n

#146 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

September 9

I'm back, after an awesome first week of school! It's been roughly 2 weeks since adopting my new "super simple" regimen of only moisturizer, sunscreen, and (occasionally) witch hazel. So far, so good. My skin looks and feels less dehydrated and irritated. I don't want to speak too soon because it's only been a few weeks, but I'm sticking to this until I'm 200% confident that my skin is ready to be reintroduced to other products. I can't believe that I'm not using a cleanser on my super gross, oily skin. It's surreal. I also just finished my period and I'm shocked that my face didn't explode. Any ladies reading this, please look into Estrosmart Plus supplements for hormonal acne and other PMS symptoms. It might just work for you.

Anyway, what else has been going on....I've been eating a lot of "outside food" lately, which I try not to do because I don't know what's being put it in & how it's going to affect my skin. This is what acne does to you, you second guess EVERYTHING. Posted Image There's a Jamaican/Caribbean food place by my school, which is definitely the best option when you compare it to the Pizza Pizza, McDonald's, and other gluten loaded foods also available. I'm trying not to make it a habit though because the food is crazy expensive and being a Jamaican, I have access to make this stuff at home.....so yeah. I also had some shawarma from some pita place, but it was nowhere as delicious as the shawarma in my neighbourhood. Soooo fucking good, oh my goodness. I've also been eating a lot of curry lately! I just cooked some curried fish actually, which is SO YUMMY. My cooking is pretty amazing, not even going to lie LOL. I know that herbs and spices are anti-inflammatory and awesome for acne, so I always make sure to use a lot of seasonings when cooking. Curry seasoning is packed full of anti-inflammatory goodness (turmeric, cayenne peppers, coriander, etc etc) so you just can't go wrong! And of course, fish is also good for you as well. I love food, seriously.

I bought more alpha lipoic acid, but this time I decided to be more money smart and I purchased the bottle of 120 250mg capsules. This makes so much more sense than buying a bottle of 60 100mg capsules, because if I'm taking 2 of those a day (200mg), then it's only lasting me a month... as opposed to taking 1 250mg capsule a day, which will last me 4 months. *my math skills are absolutely horrible but I'm pretty sure this is correct* So yep, my dosage has now been increased to 250mg. Apparently ALA helps to heal acne scarring? I have never heard of this until recently, but if that's true then I'm going to make sure I take this shit every single morning without fail. I'm still taking my zinc and Vitamin C as well.

Anyhoo, I have homework to do...I'll be back later on in the week~