Photo

Vanessa's Personal Regimen

makeup oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
145 replies to this topic

#41 manlyfl0l

manlyfl0l

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

HAHAHA....you really think Water will help?

Welcome to 21st Century, where p.acne is 2000 stronger then before, Trees are 95% less then before.

You need Medication cause it's the strongest way to effect the bacteria.
This is not 1900's going on here.

Attack it from all the sides. That's what Accutane is....
and see the results ( Probally clear )

Only rinsing with water will soon make it dry, Ph gets balanced 21 hours later after its fkd up.
your bacteria feeds off your oil. Destroy oil = destroy bacteria = no acne = only spots
then you do this water method.

N have less stress...Your thinking your getting clear cause you have hope in this method making you stress less.

Edited by manlyfl0l, 20 July 2011 - 01:41 AM.

#42 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

Live fast die young, bad girls do it well.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (manlyfl0l @ Jul 20 2011, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to 21st Century, where p.acne is 2000 stronger then before, Trees are 95% less then before.

Only rinsing with water will soon make it dry, Ph gets balanced 21 hours later after its fkd up.
your bacteria feeds off your oil. Destroy oil = destroy bacteria = no acne = only spots

N have less stress...Your thinking your getting clear cause you have hope in this method making you stress less.

Oh my God, you are so right. What on EARTH was I thinking ?

I have seen the light, thank you. rolleyes.gif

#43 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (kris2011 @ Jul 19 2011, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I thought, I will post an update..Face is looking much better today. Less pimples compared to last week. I am currently on the 4th week of water only regimen.
Itchiness- Minor, but on the chin moderate
Flakiness- all over the place where I ever had acne.
Redness- Minor
Deadskin- None so far.

My face is looking better in the past two days, but one of the reasons for that could be because my period is already started. But the good thing here is, before this period, my face didnt break out horribly as it breaks every month. This time, i just got one cystic acne on my chin, which is still there, which is very inflammed, and which is very big, but I am not doing anything about it. I am pretty sure that once the periods are over, this will go away on its own.

Hoping for the best on water only regimen! The first three weeks of water only regimen were really really hard, but the fourth week is looking somewhat better. Not totally better, but somewhat.. I m not giving up this water-only regimen!

I guess before leaving, Ashley left a very good footprint on this website!

Glad to hear that your skin is looking better! surprised.gif I noticed the same thing, before my period my face didn't break out much at all. I would definitely leave the cyst alone, I've gotten those around my period as well and when I left them alone they'd go away, but when I tried to squeeze/pop them ... biggggggggggggg mistake, let's just say that.

#44 hina2011

hina2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (KissDontTell @ Jul 20 2011, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to hear that your skin is looking better! surprised.gif I noticed the same thing, before my period my face didn't break out much at all. I would definitely leave the cyst alone, I've gotten those around my period as well and when I left them alone they'd go away, but when I tried to squeeze/pop them ... biggggggggggggg mistake, let's just say that.

How is ur face doing? Do you have any current pimples? I still have the cyst, and actually one more i got yesterday, but thats ok, I still have the gut feeling it will go away on its own.

By the way, yesterday i didnt take a shower, so i didnt have water touch my face at all, and it didnt make any diference on my face today morning. It was the same as I wash with water, which was a surprise. Anyways, I am not going on caveman, I am just continuing water only. And I really hope it works!

#45 manlyfl0l

manlyfl0l

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:19 AM

Lmao! This method is soo stupid.

You really hope for a change by washing with WATER only?
the time you rinse with water and dry it, the next moment it returns to same condition cause you didn't TREAT it.....

unless your having adult acne, then that's just cause your either unlucky or diet problems.

#46 Darksider

Darksider

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

@manlyfl0l stop being a troll you are not funny.

#47 hina2011

hina2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Darksider @ Jul 22 2011, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@manlyfl0l stop being a troll you are not funny.

eusa_clap.gif

#48 hina2011

hina2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (manlyfl0l @ Jul 22 2011, 04:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the time you rinse with water and dry it, the next moment it returns to same condition cause you didn't TREAT it.....

unless your having adult acne, then that's just cause your either unlucky or diet problems.

Get out of here! Its for real people who know the real cause!

#49 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (manlyfl0l @ Jul 19 2011, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

citation needed, all up in this.

Good luck Vanessa!

#50 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (manlyfl0l @ Jul 22 2011, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Usually I don't feed trolls, but because I'm in an especially bad mood and you just pushed me over the edge, I will reply to you. Today must be your lucky day.

NO ONE ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION. IT IS FUCKING IRRELEVANT. IR-REL-E-VANT. I will do whatever the fuck I want with my skin, because it's MY skin and it's MY face. Stop coming onto my fucking thread and spewing your so called "facts". By the way, NOT ALL ACNE IS CAUSED BY BACTERIA. I do not need to deal with your ignorance, so kindly gtfo and go back to the Accutane section where you clearly belong. BYE.

#51 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

Anyway, back to our scheduled programming.
July 22: Acne: I'm still dealing with some minor flaking on my outer cheeks. Skin feels a lot more hydrated and healthy since I stopped using the glycerin soap!
The papules I developed a few days ago have gone down significantly, but are still visible. Nothing new has popped up as of yet, surprisingly.
My skin seems to be calming down now, as in there is not much inflammation. I've been very good lately about not poking and prodding at it. (: I've finally learned that squeezing zits spells TROUBLE, especially when you have sensitive skin. The clogs are definitely bothering me though, mostly around my outer cheeks and forehead. I hate blackheads, I really do ...

Eczema: It's looking better, to put it simply. (: No longer looks inflamed. This gives me a good feeling that whatever was causing the allergic reaction is no longer coming in contact with my eyelids. I have a very strong feeling it's my makeup, but I will have to wait until November to be sure. Still being patient and hoping that avoidance will be enough to heal it. I think the discolouration on my upper eyelids is fading slowly, but I think it'll take a few more weeks to be sure. Patience is a virtue.

#52 hina2011

hina2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:55 PM

Looks like you are really seeing great results! Happy to hear that! I know its a great feeling to wake up and not see any pimples on face!

My face is still the same, I still have pustules on my face. However, the quality of skin is much better than before. It looks like a natural skin. Now I know, how people have natural looking skin, thats because they never use products on face! I still have itching on chin, flakiness on chin, and pimples all over the face. But my pimples were really serious in past few months, so cant blame! I am not giving up this regimen, I am almost at the end of 4th week now, hope to see good results in the next month!

#53 hina2011

hina2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (KissDontTell @ Jul 22 2011, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Usually I don't feed trolls, but because I'm in an especially bad mood and you just pushed me over the edge, I will reply to you. Today must be your lucky day.

NO ONE ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION. IT IS FUCKING IRRELEVANT. IR-REL-E-VANT. I will do whatever the fuck I want with my skin, because it's MY skin and it's MY face. Stop coming onto my fucking thread and spewing your so called "facts". By the way, NOT ALL ACNE IS CAUSED BY BACTERIA. I do not need to deal with your ignorance, so kindly gtfo and go back to the Accutane section where you clearly belong. BYE.

Lets just say that if I see him around here in this post, he is gone! Unless he has something nice to say!
First of all we need so much patience to do this water only, and these stupid people poke in between and give thier stupid comments! They dont even know how hard it is to cope up with this regimen! And what this regimen can actually give them in the end!

#54 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

July 23: This isn't really so much an update, but more of a rant/getting things off my chest ? :C
This routine requires a lot of patience and I'm trying really hard to stick with it but some days like today, it's just hard. The one reason why I'm really trying to keep this up is because of my eyelid rash. I woke up today and it was super puffy and looked horrible. I think the fact that my allergies are killing me today are the cause, but still. I wish that I could fix everything at once, my acne, my PIH AND my eczema, but obviously I can't. Bleh I'm just feeling fed up today. I have an appointment with my dermatologist this week and to be honest, I don't even know why I'm going. I guess I should tell him that I stopped using the cortisone ointment because it was making my eyes twitch .. but other than that, there's really nothing he can do except for tell me to be patient and "keep my head up". I would take a lifetime of acne instead of having this eyelid issue. Honestly. I can say 100%, that if it weren't for that, I probably would not be doing this regimen. Instead, I would be addressing my comedonal acne problem. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh today is just one of those days, I can tell already.

#55 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (kris2011 @ Jul 22 2011, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets just say that if I see him around here in this post, he is gone! Unless he has something nice to say!
First of all we need so much patience to do this water only, and these stupid people poke in between and give thier stupid comments! They dont even know how hard it is to cope up with this regimen! And what this regimen can actually give them in the end!

Ugh, tell me about it. This is difficult enough as it is and the last thing we need is negativity.

#56 hina2011

hina2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (KissDontTell @ Jul 23 2011, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
July 23: This isn't really so much an update, but more of a rant/getting things off my chest ? :C
This routine requires a lot of patience and I'm trying really hard to stick with it but some days like today, it's just hard. The one reason why I'm really trying to keep this up is because of my eyelid rash. I woke up today and it was super puffy and looked horrible. I think the fact that my allergies are killing me today are the cause, but still. I wish that I could fix everything at once, my acne, my PIH AND my eczema, but obviously I can't. Bleh I'm just feeling fed up today. I have an appointment with my dermatologist this week and to be honest, I don't even know why I'm going. I guess I should tell him that I stopped using the cortisone ointment because it was making my eyes twitch .. but other than that, there's really nothing he can do except for tell me to be patient and "keep my head up". I would take a lifetime of acne instead of having this eyelid issue. Honestly. I can say 100%, that if it weren't for that, I probably would not be doing this regimen. Instead, I would be addressing my comedonal acne problem. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh today is just one of those days, I can tell already.

I know, some days are really bad. I never realised how tough life is, until I started this regimen. And I feel to some extent, its normal, because to achieve something in life, you need to do hardwork! Real Hardwork! And believe me, not all things will cure at once. But just dont overthink, and dont ggive up this water only regimen. Its hard to keep up, but just keep in mind, its going to be excellent one day!

#57 hina2011

hina2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

I just took a photo of my face in my phone, and my face looked horrible.. I was so surprised!
Because I thought I am getting better, but no. Acne was ok, but in general, my face just looked horible compared to when I was using cleanser.. Like All dirty, uneven, little dark from usual, more marks, etc, etc. I just cant describe! Not sure whats wrong? Has anybody else on water only observed this while taking pictures? I just compared this picture to when I was using Cetaphil cleanser, and my skin was so much better at that time. I am feeling so low today! I need some inspiration now to not break! I really dont want to give up this water only, but why does my face look so horrible in pictures??

#58 hina2011

hina2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

Are you alive kissdonttell? Havent heard from you in long time! Hows the water only treating you!

#59 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (kris2011 @ Jul 29 2011, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you alive kissdonttell? Havent heard from you in long time! Hows the water only treating you!

Sorry. ): I have family in the hospital right now I really haven't had the time or initiative to update this log. Yes, I am still doing the water only at the moment but by the end of the month, I'm starting a new regimen, focusing on getting rid of my hyperpigmentation. How are things going for you?

#60 KissDontTell

KissDontTell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

August 5: Acne: Yes, it has been a while since I updated. D: Still doing the water only thing, and at the moment I have no inflamed acne, and no flakiness/dead skin. My skin no longer feels dehydrated as well. My biggest issue at the moment are my many, many small whiteheads/blackheads, and PIH. I'm ordering a couple of things to target these issues and saying goodbye to this regimen. I honestly do not have the patience to wait for these issues to correct themselves. :/ I have a feeling I'll be waiting forever. But I can say that I think using water only has given my skin time to calm down and now I have no more inflamed zits. It's not only the whole idea of using only water, but I've learned a lot about ingredients in skin care products that are inflammatory, overdrying, allergenic, comedogenic, etc. I'm making sure that any products I use in the future have as few ingredients as possible, are pH balanced, and fragrance and paraben free. Especially now that I know I have a possible skin allergy (and not just "sensitive skin" as I'd always believed), I have to be very careful about what I put on my face. I think these are the things that make the biggest difference in how my skin behaves, acne included.

Eczema: I went to see my dermatologist, and he said that my eyelids no longer have "dermatitis", meaning that he doesn't see any inflammation. I told him that it wasn't so much the actual eczema that bothered me, now the hyperpigmentation is the problem. He said that "my fire has been put out, and now I'm left to deal with the ashes" LOL. The ashes being the hyperpigmentation. Sadly, because my skin condition became chronic (due to lack of proper treatment -_-), I developed the darkness on both my upper and lower eyelids. Apparently this is more likely to happen in people of darker skin tones, such as myself. He says that my body will take it's time and repair itself, and that this could take up to A YEAR, with no treatment. It sucks because even though the swelling has gone down and the flakiness is gone, the hyperpigmentation still makes it look horrible. I literally look like I've been punched in both eyes. sad.gif But he says that whatever I've been doing is working, and that I CAN treat my acne/dark spots, but to be VERY careful to avoid my eye area, at least until I get the patch testing and figure out what exactly I'm allergic to. Now that I've gotten the go-ahead from my doctor, I'm totally ready to start fading away these spots. I'm tired of looking like someone drew polkadots all over my face, so over it. I don't think anything is worse than having dark skin and then having even DARKER spots all over your face. Who knows, maybe I'll record that log too, on this thread. C: I've done quite a bit of research and have carefully chosen a handful of products that I hope will finally give me the clear, smooth skin I want so desperately. But all in all, I'm just glad my eczema is slowly clearing up, and I can't wait for November 21 to come so I can get tested!