4 replies to this topic

#1 nofx_gurl_420

nofx_gurl_420

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 01 September 2004 - 12:25 PM

I have started to eat 2 cloves of raw garlic a day 1 in the morning and 1 @ night I also and trying hard 2 stay away from bad foods.... anyways:
how long will it take b-4 the garlic starts to work?
and if garlic is a natural antibiotic will it still work if I am immune to antibiotics? I was on them 4 years and have been off them for about a year now
and my last question is will this amount of garlic make me smell? so far I don't think I do.... my b/f says no but my mom said she did smell it.... so I am not sure.... anyways who ever is eating garlic could u please answer some of my questions??? biggrin.gif thanx!!

#2 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (nofx_gurl_420 @ Sep 1 2004, 11:12 AM)
I have started to eat 2 cloves of raw garlic a day 1 in the morning and 1 @ night I also and trying hard 2 stay away from bad foods.... anyways:
how long will it take b-4 the garlic starts to work?
and if garlic is a natural antibiotic will it still work if I am immune to antibiotics? I was on them 4 years and have been off them for about a year now
and my last question is will this amount of garlic make me smell? so far I don't think I do.... my b/f says no but my mom said she did smell it.... so I am not sure.... anyways who ever is eating garlic could u please answer some of my questions???  biggrin.gif thanx!!

I noticed an improvement from eating crushed raw garlic in a few days.

The antibiotic component of garlic is allicin, which is formed when the garlic is crushed. It degrades after a few hours, and it is destroyed by cooking, so that's why the crushed garlic has to be added raw to food that is already cooked. Allicin disrupts a wide range of bacterial enzymes, so they are unable to become resistant to it.

I don't worry about the smell. It isn't that bad, really. Garlic kills germs in your mouth that cause bad breath. You can stop eating garlic for a few days, and the smell will go completely away.

Here's a link to more information about garlic:

http://www.mercola.c..._infections.htm

#3 duluxdog

duluxdog

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:49 AM

YOu are not immune to all antibiotics.

And it is the bacteria that are immune, not you.

#4 nofx_gurl_420

nofx_gurl_420

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:21 PM

thanx 4 replying I have been taking it 4 about 3 days now and I think it is starting to work I hope anyways.... I am pretty sure garlic helps u heal faster to because my Uncle got really badly burned and he was in the hospital and the doctors said there was no way he would ever recover from his scars and b-4 he was burned he would eat tons of raw garlic every day even in the hospital he did he ate more then 2 cloves a day I am pretty sure anyways he recovered fully and he has no scars now and all his scars were gone in less then a year and the only explanation as to how he healed so well was that he ate so much garlic all the time so yeah... just thought I would share the inspirational garlic story with u guys lol tongue.gif

#5 iya

iya

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 12:40 PM

Any suggestions how u would eat garlic during the times when u are out. Its easy when ur at home but when ur out or at work/university, how do u expect us to whip out a clove of garlic in front of our friends and just eat it raw?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users