Photo

oil/sebum!!

zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Fish oil if you can handle it.

This really made a difference for you? I've read that for some it does help, but others had it make thier skin more oily.

What amount are you taking per day? If you don't mind me asking.
It made a HUGE difference, I never even had to blot my face but the burps were horrific! Sometimes I could get them to go away by taking it before eating. But the burps were so horrible that I couldn't handle it. I can't find the brand anywhere but it was Alaskan Salmon Oil. It came in a clear bottle with a blue label and the gel capsules were orange. If I can find the brand I'll let you know.

I did however try the nature made burpless fish oil and it didn't do crap for my oil. It didn't make me burp but I wasn't getting the benefits AT ALL! 

Thanks for the info. I wonder why the Salmon oil helped but the regular fish oil didn't? That's interesting, I'll be looking into that.

LOL and yea the burps sound gross haha. I'll have a constant supply of gum on me if I give those a shot ha.

#22 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

This really made a difference for you? I've read that for some it does help, but others had it make thier skin more oily.

It made a HUGE difference, I never even had to blot my face but the burps were horrific! Sometimes I could get them to go away by taking it before eating. But the burps were so horrible that I couldn't handle it. I can't find the brand anywhere but it was Alaskan Salmon Oil. It came in a clear bottle with a blue label and the gel capsules were orange. If I can find the brand I'll let you know.

I did however try the nature made burpless fish oil and it didn't do crap for my oil. It didn't make me burp but I wasn't getting the benefits AT ALL! 

Thanks for the info. I wonder why the Salmon oil helped but the regular fish oil didn't? That's interesting, I'll be looking into that.

LOL and yea the burps sound gross haha. I'll have a constant supply of gum on me if I give those a shot ha.

I did find that it helped to pop it into the freezer before you take it, and also take it right before eating. This really helps with the burps.

I also found out what brand it was! It's called Wild Alaska Omega. I have no idea where to buy it though.

#23 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

I did find that it helped to pop it into the freezer before you take it, and also take it right before eating. This really helps with the burps.

I also found out what brand it was! It's called Wild Alaska Omega. I have no idea where to buy it though.

Cool thanks.

And yea that's what Amazon.com is for; you can buy pretty much anything there LOL.

#24 JohnH

JohnH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

High doses of MSM (organic sulfur) has been shown to reduce sebum production.

The main thing to do would just be to try to keep your skin hydrated/moisturized. Drink lots of water, which is often overlooked. Consider using natural oils like almond oil and evening primrose oil as moisturizers. Most cream/lotion moisturizers, even the ones for "sensitive skin," even though they claim to be noncomedogenic, usually end up clogging pores due to all the emulsifiers, sulfates, and fillers in them. Natural oils like jojoba oil actually emulate the chemical composition of natural sebum, so the sebaceous glands stop producing excess oil. The only reason they do to begin with is usually to overcompensate for dryness, or because pores are clogged.

A toner like Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel, an AHA treatment like Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Treatment, and regular exfoliation will also help.