vitamin vitamins vitamin k calcium dairy

4 replies to this topic

#1 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

it is believed by many people on this site that dairy affects their acne to some degree. i tend to agree with this, but cutting out dairy to try and improve acne presents a few problems, a new one i have considered, is that cheese is a decent source of vitamin k2, and by reducing cheese intake, you will reduce a good source of vitamin k2. some older issues with cutting out dairy i have posted about before are b12 and of calcium. dairy is a decent source of b12, and from my experience it is the best source of calcium, ive compared it to all forms of calcium, the only one i like that is comparable to milk is calcium phosphate.

i believe the best choice is to stop drinking milk and choose cheese as a source of calcium for the reason that there is little lactose in cheese, which makes it easily digestable.

consider this info-

http://www.reuters.c...E62U4VO20100331
#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.
#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.
#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.
#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.
#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.
#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.
#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

#2 Ariventa

Ariventa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

Fermented foods like Natto, kim chi, sauerkraut
chicken livers, organ meats, grass fed butter etc.

There are plenty of food options for K2 if people want to avoid dairy or the more reactive forms.

Edited by Ariventa, 29 June 2011 - 07:23 AM.

#3 neverforget

neverforget

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hey, I notice you're well-equipped with knowledge in the dairy department. It's always been interesting for me to read, and I appreciate the studies and research you provide.

I'm hoping to get my hands on some grass-fed butter. I'd imagine you of all people would support it, right?

#4 *DNA

*DNA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

Good ol' activator X.

tinydan.gif

#5 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

Our intestinal flora produces Vitamin K2. If anything, you should consider taking a probiotic over eating dairy. It's also found in eggs and organ meats. What's your point?

You really need to get off that dairy bandwagon and realize dairy is not essential to human life or health.

Milk and cheese are not good sources of calcium.

Edited by chunkylard, 28 June 2011 - 11:40 PM.

After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.
Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:
-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.
-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.
-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)
-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.
-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.
-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.
-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users