vitamin vitamins vitamin d vitamin a vitamin e vitamin k calcium zinc

5 replies to this topic

#1 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

melatonin is a very powerful antioxident that is released when your eyes detect darkness, and when you sleep, it is synthesized primarily in the pineal gland at the base of your brain, yet is outside the blood brain barrier. over the years, calcium seems to find its way around the body, contributing to hardened arteries and declining organ functioning. these are features of old age. when calcium accumulates in the pineal gland, it can then accumulate other trace minerals in the blood, such as zinc copper and flouride.there is a high probability that this affects the functioning of the pineal gland and its ability to make melatonin.

here is a study that found flouride in the aged pineal gland of humans, and was directly correlated with the amount of calcification/calcium content of the pineal gland, suggesting, that the calcification enabled the organ to accumulate the flouride and other trace minerals. http://www.icnr.com/...deposition.html

so to lessen your ability to accumulate flouride, and maintain high melatonin levels, you will want to avoid or alter the calcification process. Of course the first thing you want to do is stop consuming flouride.
vitamin k substances, especially K2 may have the ability to reverse this process of disregulation of calcium, in addition to other factors.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19363777
http://www.lef.org/m...er-Aging_02.htm

http://amjpathol.hig...ract/175/6/2288

according to other studies, supposedly vitamin e and vitamin a are also involved in calcium regulation to some degree. Also, hyperphosphatemia or high phosphate levels can contribute to calcification, and also high calcium levels, both of which can be worsened by high vitamin d levels as they increase your ability to absorb these two minerals, so do not megadose on vitamin d, or you'll run the risk of raising your levels too high.

melatonin affects so many process in the body and has the potential to extend lifespan due to its antioxidant ability. it has the ability to enter every single cell in your body and protect your dna. its now suspected that melatonin can help delay some forms of age related decline. http://www.scienceda...70424062819.htm

hope you liked the info!

Edited by AutonomousOne1980, 28 June 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#2 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

most definitely biggrin.gif thanks auto. I've been having bad insomnia lately, and was looking into getting some melatonin in pill form. Any suggestions on that?

#3 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (Thehoper @ Jun 28 2011, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
most definitely biggrin.gif thanks auto. I've been having bad insomnia lately, and was looking into getting some melatonin in pill form. Any suggestions on that?

all my experiances with melatonin supplements were not as good as getting melatonin from food sources. the absolute highest source of food melatonin comes from montmorency cherrys, the second and third highest is corn and brown rice, also moderatly high is bananas, barley and ginger. but who eats all that ginger, gingers is a tough root to eat. ginger tea might help if the melatonin survives the heat.

or again like my post suggests, getting vitamin k2 may decalcify the pineal gland and ramp up melatonin production.

#4 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

Yeah after I posted that I looked around at melatonin reviews and side effects, definitely staying away from pills. I get a ton of K2 from Kale and other greens, thanks for the suggestions though, will look into those cherries.

#5 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Thehoper @ Jun 28 2011, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah after I posted that I looked around at melatonin reviews and side effects, definitely staying away from pills. I get a ton of K2 from Kale and other greens, thanks for the suggestions though, will look into those cherries.

k1 is from vegetables and k2 is synthesized from bacteria and found in organ meats, eggs, and fermented foods, saur kraut may have some k2, but a k2 supplement may do some good.

#6 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

oh wow thanks, didn't know. I just bought another jar of saurkraut, haven't had any in months, will try it out smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users