Photo

Want to stop accutane PICS*

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#1 Mini Me.

Mini Me.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

Wow been on accutane 6 and a half weeks. First 6 weeks i was on 20mg and for the past 3 days 50mg. Seen no change. I have got hard papule's form and they have been there for weeks and dont change. loads of clogged pores.

Even since upping dose my skin feels no different in the slightest. I though it might feel a bit dryer but no nothing.. I feel so rubbish and cant stop crying. sad.gif

Edited by Mini Me., 21 June 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#2 tako

tako

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

A question I ask myself every day. Finished my 6 month cycle and it didn't work. I would tell you to just wait it out because it will eventually start working but that'd be a lie. That's what I was told.

I guess finally on the last week I had to accept the fact that it was a waste of time.

#3 Mini Me.

Mini Me.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

What so it didn't get any better at all? got worse and stayed the same? What dose did you do?
Im so sad. Im from the uk and paid £1.200 for a private derm plus £120 a month for my accutane pills! I cant deal with it. My face is worse of and i have not left the house in a week. I hate this.
Why dont i feel any difference with the 50mg?

#4 Sanderella24

Sanderella24

Sanderella24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

This scares me. Are you taking it with a fatty meal?

#5 Clare M.

Clare M.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

For the majority of people, it does work. Just because it didn't work for Tako doesn't mean it won't work for you. See out the course since you've already started it. Most people don't even see a drastic change until the 3rd month.

#6 Again!

Again!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

I may not be an expert since I will be starting a 3rd course next month, but in my opinion I believe you are on too low a dosage. I was on 80 and then 120mg. Mine went away and was dormant for a couple years which is better than nothing.
29 Year Old Female
Started Claravis 7/14/11
6 Months @ 80mg a Day
Ended 1/13/12

A grand total of 14,400mg!
If I'm correct, at 60kg that comes to 240mg per kg.
I believe that 200mg per kg is the most you should have, but they say more depending on how severe your acne is. And considering this is my 3rd course, I'm okay with this very high dosage.

After much research in talking with my dermatologist, Beautypedia.com, makeupalley.com and non-comedogenic charts found @http://www.zerozits..../acnedetect.htm I have decided to use the following toiletries. There is many other brands I could have chosen, but I decided to stick with all natural ingredients. Make-up was a little trickier to find with all natural ingredients for what I wanted. Maybe after my marks diminish, I will be able to switch to a more natural one.

SKINCARE:
Cleanser-"Alba Botanica Rainforest" Foaming Cream Cleanser-This removes make-up well
Toner-"Alba Botanica Rainforest" Refreshing Mist Toner-This helps to make sure there's no residual make-up
Moisturizer-"Alba Botanica Rainforest" Lush Facial Cream-Use at night
Retinol A-"Tretinoin" 0.05% Perscription-I will use this 1 month post accutane, mixed in my moisturizer
Eye Moisturizer-"Alba Botanica" Green Tea Eye Gel-You don't need this, but I like it
Sunblock For Face-"MyChelle" Replenishing Solar Defense-Use in Morning
Make-up:
Primer-"Giorgio Armani" Fluid Master Primer-Before Foundation
Foundation-"Giorgio Armani" Lasting Silk UV Foundation-I use with a foundation brush
Concealer-"YSL" Anti-Cernes
Loose Setting Powder-"Giorgio Armani" Micro-Fil Loose Powder
Bronzer Powder-"Smashbox" Bronze Lights
Blush-"Dior" Glowing Powder Blush

***I obviously use other make-up also, but I tried to only concentrate on what I use on my skin.

#7 Flying_HiGh

Flying_HiGh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:57 PM

6 weeks?This is just the beginning, Accutane doesn't work that fast.I know you are impatient, we all are, but please calm down and give it some time to kick in.Maybe a few more months.
Is your skin getting drier?
Good luck!
24/Female/120lbs /5'8
1 month - 20mg/daily Amnesteem
2 month - 20mg/daily Amnesteem
3 month- 40mg/daily Amnesteem
4 month-blood work was not good, white blood cell count was too low-3200, OFF Accutane for the whole month :(
5 month-40mg/daily
6 month- 40mg/daily
7 month- 20mg/daily

#8 Sima

Sima

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

20 and 50 mg are too low of dosages. I saw real results with 80 mg and that was at the beginning of my 3rd month. You should ask for a dose increase and give it more time.

#9 rock316

rock316

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:31 AM

do u have dry lips, my derm told me u have to have dry lips otherwise it doesnt work

#10 Mini Me.

Mini Me.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

Hey everyone, Thank you all so much for the replies. The only reason i am getting stressed out is because the first 2 weeks on 20mg i was breaking out in millions of tiny little bumps\clogged pores.

And 4rth week i have had like hard papules. but they don't seem to be going like there not getting any smaller or drying out. on my 7th week and just started 50mg i know i have only took 50mg for 5 days but i at lest thought i would feel a bit drier. Or something. But no, no drier no joint pain no headaches. I haven't had any dry flakes or anything?

Lipslikesugar22-Yeah im eating it with a fatty meal everyday.

rock316- Yeah my lips are dry but not to the point where its unbearable.

Again!- What so 50mg is a low dose? i thought that was high? im only 112lb but ive not felt a thing yet in term of joint pain.

Clare M- I hope it works, Just don't get why im not seeing improvment. Or nothing is drying out? But thanks for the encouragement. smile.gif)

Flying_HiGh- Yeah i know i am freaking out to soon. But its just because the existing pimples on my face are not doing anything. There not drying out just hanging around for weeks. Shouldn't i be really dry??

Sima- What dose was you on before 80mg? So was it only until you increased you're dose that you seen improvment? Im so stressed i just want my spots to dry out.

Sorry for ranting everyone. This help means so much to me. I was sooo happy when i seen that all you people had replied. Any advice or similar experience please let me know.

Let me know what dose you think i should go up too. smile.gif xxx

#11 hope1986

hope1986

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:43 AM

Just reading these and I m so amazed how different our bodies are... first time I took accutane for 3 months (20 mg/day during 1month and a half, then only 10 mg/day). in 2-3 weeks I had flawless skin, a little bit red, no initial breakout, excessive dy skin, bleeding nose, bleeding lips, terrible dryness of my eyes (i used drops to moisture my eyes), my hair became so thin and dry, severe hair loss after... After 4 months I made a second low course (10 mg/day during 2 months and 10 mg at 2 days), very clear skin, not harsh side effects as before- just dry skin which I was happy about. I didn t listen to my doc and I preffered taking a very low dose. Looking back, I think if I had taken the prescribed dose, this would have killed me. For my body, a dose of 50 - 80 mg is too much. I mention that my acne was moderate and inflamatory. (parts of my face used to swallow sad.gif)

I would advise you to consult your doc. It is very important to heal the skin but Accutane it is not a joke. I do not regret of taking accutane (I was down about my acne, it s normal I tried different methods to get rid of it). Please be wise using it, for some it might be devastating, for others no side effects.
Life is a journey, not a destination.

#12 rock316

rock316

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:11 AM

Mine Mi
hang in there give it full go , dont try to think much(which is very hard) , drink alot of water!

to tell the truth 2 3 weeks ago I was in the same situation like you nothing happened or it got worse
im on low dose 20 MG month 4,5.

but lately things are looking better.

#13 Mini Me.

Mini Me.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

hope1986- yeah its so weird i mean im not very heavy in weight. And so far 7weeks in and no side effects. Its crazy that you had all those side effects on such a low dose. The only thing i have had is the initial breakout. Grr i hope it works.

rock316- Thank you smile.gif I wont give up i just dont get how all these deep clogged pores will leave if im not drying up?? Wouldn't you think i would notice a change right away when i upped my dose with dryness? Glad your seeing results. You had any side effects?

#14 rock316

rock316

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Mini Me. @ Jun 19 2011, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rock316- Thank you smile.gif I wont give up i just dont get how all these deep clogged pores will leave if im not drying up?? Wouldn't you think i would notice a change right away when i upped my dose with dryness? Glad your seeing results. You had any side effects?

I think the dry up of the face costs time cause Accutane goes trough your whole body <-- just a guess

my side effects were just dry lips that the benifit of low dose.

I was depressed a times but I think that wasnt because of accutane but of feeling that my face wasnt clearing up.

Good luck with your course hopefully you will clear up soon

#15 Clare M.

Clare M.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

Each person's body chemistry is different. One person responds immediately, another takes a good amount of time to see a difference, and others don't respond at all. Just know that for the majority of people, it does work. I think it will, just give it time. Obviously, the doctor calculated the dose according to your body weight so I would worry about a low or high dose (I think what really matters is the accumulated dose 1mg/1kg). Let us know what happened when you're finished though!

QUOTE (Clare M. @ Jun 19 2011, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Each person's body chemistry is different. One person responds immediately, another takes a good amount of time to see a difference, and others don't respond at all. Just know that for the majority of people, it does work. I think it will, just give it time. Obviously, the doctor calculated the dose according to your body weight so I would worry about a low or high dose (I think what really matters is the accumulated dose 1mg/1kg). Let us know what happened when you're finished though!

***Wouldn't worry about a low or high dose.

#16 Itsnoteasybeinggreen

Itsnoteasybeinggreen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:40 AM

I have been on 50mg for almost 30 days now, no major side effects besides slightly dry lips and slightly red face. Face is not oily but not dry. I'm going to doctor Tuesday to get bumped up for month two.

It takes time and you have to wait out your 5 to 6 months. There is no quick fix. I took accutane 15 years ago and it worked, kept me clear for years. Also remember when reading all these posts, no one reacts the same to accutane, some get side effects, some don't. Some clear right away, some take the whole course. When I took it 15 years ago the only side effect I had was dry lips and a break out, I never had dry flaky skin anywhere, no joint pain, no hair loss nothing and it still worked.

Hope this info helps

#17 Mini Me.

Mini Me.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

Itsnoteasybeinggreen- Hey yeah i know i should really give it more time but its just annoying that i only weigh 112lbs andi just thought i would have at least had some pimples drying out or some side effects? My face is just covered in clogged pores when i stretch my skin...

Aghhh! When i read through logs people see changes by now. My skin is just staying the same. The hard papules wont budge.

My skin could even handle duac. Its weird. I just want a slight change, anything!

#18 Again!

Again!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

Okay, so everyone is different. With that said, thus is what my dermatologist said: "I would give the same dose weather it was a 300lb me or a 60lb girl." I did not think to ask why. I weigh 130lbs and was at the highest dose with only minimal side effects such as really dry skin. Hope that helps some.
29 Year Old Female
Started Claravis 7/14/11
6 Months @ 80mg a Day
Ended 1/13/12

I believe that 200mg per kg is the most you should have, but they say more depending on how severe your acne is. And considering this is my 3rd course, I'm okay with this very high dosage.

After much research in talking with my dermatologist, Beautypedia.com, makeupalley.com and non-comedogenic charts found @http://www.zerozits..../acnedetect.htm I have decided to use the following toiletries. There is many other brands I could have chosen, but I decided to stick with all natural ingredients. Make-up was a little trickier to find with all natural ingredients for what I wanted. Maybe after my marks diminish, I will be able to switch to a more natural one.

SKINCARE:
Cleanser-"Alba Botanica Rainforest" Foaming Cream Cleanser-This removes make-up well
Toner-"Alba Botanica Rainforest" Refreshing Mist Toner-This helps to make sure there's no residual make-up
Retinol A-"Tretinoin" 0.05% Perscription-I will use this 1 month post accutane, mixed in my moisturizer
Eye Moisturizer-"Alba Botanica" Green Tea Eye Gel-You don't need this, but I like it
Make-up:
Foundation-"Giorgio Armani" Lasting Silk UV Foundation-I use with a foundation brush

***I obviously use other make-up also, but I tried to only concentrate on what I use on my skin.

#19 Mini Me.

Mini Me.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

Again- thank you so much for your help. How many months was you on the high dose for? So do you think it would be ok to do my remaining 5 months on 80mg?

#20 Again!

Again!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Mini Me. @ Jun 19 2011, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again- thank you so much for your help. How many months was you on the high dose for? So do you think it would be ok to do my remaining 5 months on 80mg?

I was on 80mg for 2 months and 120mg for 3 months. Like I said, everyone is different, but I think you would be fine. The strange thing was I never even noticed a difference when I went to 120mg. What mean by that, is no extra side effects. I actually cleared up by month 2. Since I wasn't cured for ever and I have had a relapse, I could be completely wrong, but I feel like the higher the dose you can handle, potentially the better results in the end. Hope that helps a little.

Edited by Again!, 19 June 2011 - 06:55 PM.

29 Year Old Female
Started Claravis 7/14/11
6 Months @ 80mg a Day
Ended 1/13/12

SKINCARE:
Make-up: