Photo

does drinkin lots of water help acne?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#21 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:14 PM

For me, the addition of SA 2% into my regimen helped me unclogg some pores.

I had this st. ives apricot scrub, but right now i have too many active pimples to be scrubing that crap on my face.

My face did feel smooth after one use, but i dont think its good for active acne.

#22 BomberMan

BomberMan

He might get the ace or the top one,So organise your two's a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:07 AM

I know what you mean, some scrubs are so abrasive.....
Heres what I use:
http://www.mankind.c...ProductID=21256
its pricey but oh-so mild yet very effective, i'v tried them all and I wouldn't use anything else, after 2 weeks of using it my skin stopped producing excess oil its as if it "soaks it up".
And I get my cleanser from the same place, which is also very gentle as it is specially formulated for acne prone skin
http://www.mankind.c...ProductID=22283
Again.......quite pricey but I make 1 bottle last a looooong time.
The key with any scrub is: DON'T SCRUB TOO HARD!!!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

#23 jeanie

jeanie

i grant wishes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:19 AM

If your body cannot pass out enough toxins (in the toilet coz of constipation or your body's metabolism is too slow), it will expel the toxins through your skin, hence sweat, which causes pimples to form if not scrubbed properly.

water helps in regulating your metabolism and bowel movements.

#24 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (jeanie @ Sep 5 2004, 04:06 PM)
If your body cannot pass out enough toxins (in the toilet coz of constipation or your body's metabolism is too slow), it will expel the toxins through your skin, hence sweat, which causes pimples to form if not scrubbed properly.

water helps in regulating your metabolism and bowel movements.

How exactly does that promote the formation of pimples?

As far as I'm informed, acne occurs as a result of increased sebum production combined with an obstruction of the channel which is supposed to let the sebum flow freely to the skin surface.

I understand that water speeds up metabolism and can possibly flush out toxins (and vitamins by the way), but how exactly is this relevant to the prevention of acne?
Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

#25 BomberMan

BomberMan

He might get the ace or the top one,So organise your two's a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:56 AM

I know this works (for me), but i also wish i knew exactly WHY.
maybe its a chain reaction.....
if the rest of your body is healthy then it will show in your skin.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

#26 daveyguy23

daveyguy23

"GOT GOOD DAYS AND U HAVE BAD DAYS"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:20 AM

Yes it does ever since i read a similar thread a wile back ive been drinking lots of water since then I say it helps.

#27 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 11:04 AM

... Except sweat isn't toxic. The skin doesn't secrete toxins when it can't get them out in peeing. Even if it did, that definitely would not cause acne, either.

#28 Chloe646

Chloe646

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:53 PM

The body is mainly water and most of the chem reactions in the body use water. also, cell turnover etc...increases and is more efficient as is the REST of your body when you get enuf water and since water keeps you hydrated it makes sense you'll have less oil on the skin/scalp too. Plus toxins can be released thru skin, pee is not the only way...But if your very dehydrated your health is compromised overall and of course your skin is NOT going to be functionaing at its peak. it's not that complicated. I know I look crappier and feel crappier overall when i don't drink enuf water...aim to drink enuf so that you pee clear, try for a liter a day then up to two/three and decrease if you feel overloaded.
The warmth of the sun reminds her of the day-she remembers the day when things were going her way-only memories remain-of the way she used to be-She stays home every night and exaggerates her past..all the old photographs were never thrown away-what made her cry-she'll never go back again-the way she used to be

#29 tommorowneverdies

tommorowneverdies

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:24 PM

Yes! When our bodies are dehydrated we can get rashes through the skin... our bodies are 75% water, even our bones are water, it helps to flush out toxicity...when you don't drink lots of water you sometimes get constapated :S. That contributes toxins to your body. That can show up in the form of acne or rashes.

#30 nevermind

nevermind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:13 AM

well im about to find out.. somewhat.

going from maybe 1 glass every two days to 9 a day. 3 glasses two hours after each meal. noticed a while ago my arms and legs were real dry, looking for some improvement there mostly.

#31 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:10 AM

Drinking water is essential for clean skin and your overall health. Water is essential for carrying waste material out of your body... and is quite possibly the single most important contributor to healing and preventing acne flare-ups. Water flushes these toxins out.

How much water should you be drinking every day? Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day for beautiful skin.

Your body is made up of 70 percent water. Water is literally your body's life force. It is involved in nearly every bodily process, including digestion, absorption, circulation and excretion.

Water is also the primary transporter of nutrients throughout your body. If not enough water is consumed, toxins can build up causing breakouts.

Without adequate water, we would poison ourselves with our own metabolic wastes. Your kidneys remove waste products that must be dissolved by water. So, by drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day, you are flushing out the toxins that would normally escape through the pores of your skin... thus preventing acne breakouts.

Your kidneys cannot function properly without enough water. When they do not work to capacity, some of the load is dumped onto your liver.

One of your liver's primary functions is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for your body. But, if your liver has to do some of the kidney's work, it cannot work at full capacity. A liver that is not performing at its best can worsen acne because it cannot break down and clear excess hormones from your body.

Water helps maintain proper muscle tone, by giving muscles their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration. Shrinking cells are buoyed by water which plumps your skin and leaves it clear, healthy and resilient.
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#32 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:27 AM

But spread drinking water through out the day as too much at one time can actually do harm to your body.
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#33 sick_skin

sick_skin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:33 AM

i watched a TV program the other day where it had these twins. One drank water excessively and the other had water when thirsty. Surprisingly there was no difference in hair, skin or even weight.

The conclusion was that the body needs water up to a certain level. Whatever it doesn`t need is excreted so drinking litres and litres of water only serves to make you go to the bathroom more often. The body can get water from fruit and vegetables as well as other sources. You`d have to work pretty hard to have bad skin due to drinking too few litres of water.

Only when the body is dehydrated does it suffer problems. The program also said that mineral water and tap water are basicaly the same and the only difference is the price!