Photo

manuka honey vs P.acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#21 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 01 September 2004 - 04:56 AM

The ingredients of the manuka gel have been changed in the last few weeks - I got some today and manuka honey is now the 2nd largest constituent after water, whereas before the flax oil made up more of the product. Also, I agree with Denise that the manuka OIL included is likely to make the gel as effective as pure manuka honey - I have used manuka oil, manuka honey UMF 18, and the manuka gel and have found manuka OIL to be the most effective on active acne.
I wonder what the UMF of manuka OIL would be - ie: how effective against bacteria. I am thinking at least 50.

And Tracy - the smell isn't THAT bad! Lol!!! laugh.gif I can't believe you hate it so much! Sure, it smells a little weird, but there are some other things that smell a lot worse - like the DMAE gel from Richard, emu oil, and even the IG R-ALA, in my opinion. bb_icon_mrgreen.gif

#22 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:04 AM

Rossie, who was that dude on the scar board who raved about manuka oil curing his jock itch he had had for 20 years? ohmy.gif blink.gif bb_shock.gif bb_icon_eek.gif

I forgot who it was, but he went on and on about it last week on the scar board. The manuka oil will take away a cyst in about a day or two flat.

I agree with you....I've used the strongest manuka honey 18 umf, but the Living Nature gel and the manuka oil seem to be the most effective on active zits.

Another thing that seems to be very effective on active acne is oregano oil.

IMHO, oregano oil and manuka oil are way more effective on acne than tea tree oil.

#23 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (Rossignol @ Sep 1 2004, 03:43 AM)
And Tracy - the smell isn't THAT bad! Lol!!! laugh.gif I can't believe you hate it so much! Sure, it smells a little weird, but there are some other things that smell a lot worse - like the DMAE gel from Richard, emu oil, and even the IG R-ALA, in my opinion. bb_icon_mrgreen.gif

I like the smell of emu oil, Rossy!! It's like warm chicken fat!! bb_razz.gif

#24 lookingtobeclear

lookingtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:46 AM

I'll have to check this honey thing out. I admit that I haven't heard of it. Sticky is never good when you have cats - just putting jojoba oil on my legs after a shower is inviting disaster with numerous cats. Besides, they know when I've showered and are delighted to "mark" me as theirs again. Talk about the hairy legs from hell syndrome.

When it comes to odor - we each have our own issues. Someone else's perfume is a classic example of something we might find horrifically obnoxious. My mom loves tea tree oil and it's smell but my dad thinks it's godawful. He says he'd rather smell bleach. A lot of people like glade and lysol - I despise their odors and will rapidly exit a room when they have been presented. But nothing is worse than those trash bag liners with the horrid potpourri odor. Put some skank smelling trash in there and then you have skank odor overlaid with potpourri.

Oh, the nose horror!

#25 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 01 September 2004 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (lookingtobeclear @ Sep 1 2004, 09:33 AM)
But nothing is worse than those trash bag liners with the horrid potpourri odor. Put some skank smelling trash in there and then you have skank odor overlaid with potpourri.

Oh, the nose horror!

LOL!! bb_lol.gif

#26 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6

Posted 01 September 2004 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (lookingtobeclear @ Sep 1 2004, 10:33 AM)
Sticky is never good when you have cats - just putting jojoba oil on my legs after a shower is inviting disaster with numerous cats. Besides, they know when I've showered and are delighted to "mark" me as theirs again. Talk about the hairy legs from hell syndrome.

LOL! OMG I relate. My cat seems to always need attention when I have something on my face that attracts her hair, and then I have to wash again and put more on, wasting the product. Otherwise, I sneeze constantly, even after I pick her hairs off my face. bb_icon_confused.gif

#27 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2004 - 06:42 AM

If the manuka honey fights the p acnes so damn well from the outside, why not add a teaspoon of manuka honey to your tea daily, so it fights them from the inside as well..

I wonder if anyone tried this, because manuka honey is very effective in treating digestion disorders (this may all be interwined)

#28 aznboi986

aznboi986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2004 - 04:25 PM

So what is better for cysts? The Manuka Oil & Honey Antiseptic Gel or the Pure Manuka Oil?

#29 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:14 AM

Definitely pure manuka oil if you are targetting a cyst. For long term maintenance, the gel is better.