Rifampicin, ulitmate cure !!!?

No replies to this topic

#1 TIMMEY

TIMMEY

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

Cliffnotes: Rifampicin (aka Rifampin) shown to be the best acne antibiotic, (also shown to be better than Benzoyl-Peroxide).

Science:
In a recent study they took bacteria from acne sufferer's faces and grew the bacteria in a lab.
Propionibacterium acnes, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Micrococcus spp
are the bacteria most responisible for acne.
Anyway Rifampicin did far better than the other treatments, take a look at the results:
(sensitivity = how good the treatment is at killing the bacteria,
resistance = how likely the bacteria on your skin will be resistant to the particular treatment) http://www.ncbi.nlm....41/table/T0002/

My experience:
I took Rifampicin and Clindamycin to heal a recurring boil (Abscess) I had from cycling. They worked. I also noticed that I had way less acne during this treatment.
I originally thought it must have been the Clindamycin that cured the acne, as I knew that it is a standard acne antibiotic. However since then I've used Clindamycin solution and gel with little success. So now I think it probably was the Rifampicin.
(Although I do think taking antibiotics orally is better than topically, so I can't completely rule out the Clindamycin)

My theory is that Rifampicin will work especially well on Pustular type acne.
I don't have bad acne, but when I get it; I get massive whiteheads (Pustules). Having done some research, I suspect this type of acne is mainly caused by Staph bacteria. And I know for sure that Rif + Clind cured my staph infection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users