#1 Snowboarder

Snowboarder

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:00 AM

Hey guys and gals,

I'm going to keep a blog, updated weekly with my results from using Paulas Choice BHA 2% Liquid. I've suffered from a bad case of blackheads ever since I was 15 going through puberty. I'm now 24 and no longer willing to live with this skin condition weighing down my confidence! I'm sure a few others on the forum can sympathise with me on this one.

I've tried close to every product and method out there for tackling the problem of the ever elusive blackheads. I've also done a ton of research into the subject... which has lead me to try out PC BHA. My last attempt to eradicate BH's was OCM but had limited results, I later stumbled across an article written by Paula explaining the counter-productive effects of OCM which I found very informative.

I'm awaiting a PC cleanser and toner to arrive next week - so for the time being I've been using the sample cleanser to cleanse. These are my results after 1 weeks use of BHA liquid.

• Week 1: Oil has been reduced marginally, but blackheads seem to be somewhat worse.

Feel free to offer feedback and advice people smile.gif

I'll try post a picture on my profile to give everyone an idea of what I'm dealing with.

#2 rivercat

rivercat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Which cleanser are you using? I used to use PC's 2% BHA Liquid along with Dan's Cleanser. It was extremely drying if I used it too many days in a row, so I cut it down to once a week, after I shaved before bed only. I really liked it cause it seemed to make my skin look really smooth and clear and I was NEVER irritatted from shaving. It didn't seem to do much for my clogged pores, but it didnt make my overall complexion look ALOT better. Once I ran out, I just never ordered again. Everything is so goddamn expensive. I wish I can just be like my triplet brother who has extremely clear skin and use nothing but crappy Noxema. I'm thinking about ordering it again or POSSIBLY a 1% BHA, probably the Gel...but the thought of ordering it again just makes me anxious. Anyway, good luck, I'm gonna keep checking it to see your progress.

#3 Snowboarder

Snowboarder

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

HeyRivercat,

I'm using all Paulas Choice products as the PH levels are 5.5, which is the same as our skin! I use this regimen twice daily!

Looks a little like this
  1. PC Hydralight one step face cleanser
  2. PC Skin balancing toner
  3. PC BHA 2% Liquid

I'm also looking to add Vivant Mandelic acid 15% into my regimen once it arrives some time next week. I'm not convinced BHA alone is going to completely exfoliate/dissolve the keratin plugs. In my case my blackheads don't sit proud or above the surface of the skin so much, there mainly deep within the pore, so manual extraction is close to impossible.

Will keep everyone up to date !

Edited by Snowboarder, 14 June 2011 - 08:14 PM.

#4 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

good topic.

let us know how it goes

#5 Snowboarder

Snowboarder

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:34 AM

Howdy folks,

Ok it's been 2 weeks now so I thought I'd update my blog with how I'm getting on.

From what i can tell there has been no real improvement of my current situation. It seems that maybe this product takes longer to work than I initially hoped for, but kind of expected from reading other people's testimonies.

The effects I get from the BHA, for instance when I use it in the morning is a visual reduction of the pore-size/blackheads that lasts for a number of hours but then returns to normal later through out the day. It could be a matter of this product taking a certain number of weeks to bring the sebum plugs to the surface.

Either way I'm expecting a bottle of Vivant's Mandelic Acid 15% to arrive towards the end of next week. What I think this will do is - have the BHA exfoliating deep within the pore, and MA exfoliating more so the surface layer.. as well as increasing cell turnover. Double pronged attack baby smile.gif

• Week 1: Oil has been reduced marginally, but blackheads seem to be somewhat worse.
  • Week 2: No current improvement, yet they haven't got worse.

Edited by Snowboarder, 19 June 2011 - 05:36 AM.

#6 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

I too am awaiting my order of PC 2% liquid gel. I have used her products before but have never really seen results. I suffer from such a bad and constant case of clogged pores and whiteheads in my chin area. Ive tried so many things in the last two years to prevent them. I currently use mandelic 5 or 10% depending on the day and it does bring things to the surface but it doesnt prevent them from coming back. I can extract them no problem but they always seem to return so its a vicious cycle. I had previously used PC 1% BHA lotion but it kind of made things worse and never really helped with plugs. I feel like things are okay in the morning but by mid day all my oil glands are bulging and look like they need to be released. I do occasionally get blackheads but these come out and dont usually come back. I am going to try her 2% on a more regular basis and see if it prevents them..good luck to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users