vegan paleo

3 replies to this topic

#1 lollypolly

lollypolly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

I'm currently attempting my own version of paleo following dr mercola's protocol of no carbs and no grains and no fruit. i was eating largely raw food diet previously but have recently introduced fish and eggs over the last week because basically there was nothing left to eat. i still think dairy causes me issues so not even going there with milk and butter.

the thing is, i don't really want to eat meat but i'm kinda getting fed up of fish and eggs with salad every day.

does anyone know of good recipe sites that are paleo based but are mainly based on fish and eggs but also LOTS of veggies (no potatoes either)

this is working for me, really don't want to debate it just looking for a nod in the right direction for recipes

ta much

#2 ayla

ayla

dum spiro, spero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me
  • Interests:theia mania. cats.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

http://www.marksdail...eated-cookbook/
It is like a reason that picks you up
And places you
Where you always wanted
To be.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

#3 lollypolly

lollypolly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

Thank you!

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:14 AM

You can make all kinds of veggie stir fries, curries and soups that have completely different flavors and don't involve fruit, meat, or grains. That's most of what I eat, but I also eat legumes, eggs, and fish.

We have lots of recipes for such things here in the Food and Recipe thread like these sweet potato curry recipes. See also the better grains and grain substitutes threads. Marks Daily apple's cookbook recipes mostly involve meat. Whfoods.org is a good source, you just have to ignore those with grains, but it's very veggie centric.

You could consider eating the least problematic legumes like lentils, limas and other broad beans, but only with proper soaking/fermenting and cooking methods and in combination with foods that bind up any harmful lectins. More info: http://www.acne.org/...gg-t247794.html

Edited by alternativista, 10 June 2011 - 09:25 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users