Photo

Is there a age where acne ends PERMANENTLY?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#21 ohhhhhhnooooooo

ohhhhhhnooooooo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:53 AM

my mom had acne when she was in her teen years, now she gets 1 - 2 red bump/zit a month. i think it all depends on the cause of acne, for her it was hormones

#22 vcpd

vcpd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:30 AM

Generally when your hormones 'settle down' you'll be clear of acne, however for some this never happens and they'll still break out well into their 30s, although it is much more rare.

is there even a way to permanently 'settle' hormones. I got acne at 19, in the space of 2-3 years I changed pill 2-3 times and now on diane. still isnt keeping me completely clear, but ive never had acne before this time last year, not sure what changed in me to cause my hormones to really take some sort of affect. is there even a way to have a body like before we all had acne? its so easy to get hormones out of whack but so hard to fix it, if thats even possible :/

It's hard to fix with drugs or diet but can be done to some kind of extent with one, the other, or both in my experience. That being said the key is undoubtedly age, it just becomes increasingly rare for an older person to have acne. My skin changed when I got to around 22/23 and I stopped getting as much acne. Now and again I'll get a spot, but it seems there isn't much I can do for those occasional breakouts.

Edited by vcpd, 11 December 2011 - 05:31 AM.

#23 FSAS

FSAS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:53 AM

Generally when your hormones 'settle down' you'll be clear of acne, however for some this never happens and they'll still break out well into their 30s, although it is much more rare.

is there even a way to permanently 'settle' hormones. I got acne at 19, in the space of 2-3 years I changed pill 2-3 times and now on diane. still isnt keeping me completely clear, but ive never had acne before this time last year, not sure what changed in me to cause my hormones to really take some sort of affect. is there even a way to have a body like before we all had acne? its so easy to get hormones out of whack but so hard to fix it, if thats even possible :/

It's hard to fix with drugs or diet but can be done to some kind of extent with one, the other, or both in my experience. That being said the key is undoubtedly age, it just becomes increasingly rare for an older person to have acne. My skin changed when I got to around 22/23 and I stopped getting as much acne. Now and again I'll get a spot, but it seems there isn't much I can do for those occasional breakouts.

i wish we knew why hormones are like this and why they are not all just even, nice, do what theyre suppose to and not get so out of whack. wish there was an answer for acne, hormones for one, even if a pill can treat the acne its the fact that it comes back when you get off any treating pill that's the horrible thing. sort of like a legit hormone regulated must not exist. which sucks when so many people say it all comes down to diet and lifestyle but so many people still do that stuff with no help :/ i personally dont wanna resort back to spiro as im still stuck on the pill but lifestyle changes hasnt helped :/ im nearly 20. its scary getting acne at 19...whats ahead of me truly is unsettling considering i never got acne when i hit puberty like most people. must mean my issue is a bit different :/

#24 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

i hope so i dnt wana have acne for the rest of my life.

#25 jjballer22

jjballer22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

it goes away once you reach 19

#26 ILLmatic718

ILLmatic718

The Unsung Villain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

i hope so i dnt wana have acne for the rest of my life.

hell yeah, i hope it ends soon. this sh!t has got to go........limpbizkit sux btw
So much on my mind that I can't recline
Blastin holes in the night til she bled sunshine
Breathe in, inhale vapors from bright stars that shine
Breathe out, weed smoke retrace the skyline
Heard the bass ride out like an ancient mating call
I can't take it y'all, I can feel the city breathin
Chest heavin, against the flesh of the evening
Sigh before we die like the last train leaving

#27 jr0615

jr0615

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

aha i hope so, i been 19 for 6 months

#28 LiveLaughFart

LiveLaughFart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

nope :/ im almost 20 and still have it, my mom is in her 40s and has it realllly severe...and all the ppl in the adult acne forum have it in their 20s 30s 40s and so on.

Maybe if your acne is just very very mild hormonal acne it will go away when your an adult but people with real acne have it for life unless they do something about it
I'm serious.

#29 Tyga

Tyga

H!&H

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

If acne stopped at 19 there wouldn't be an adult acne forum

#30 jjballer22

jjballer22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

acne stops at 19 it's proven scietifically

#31 Tyga

Tyga

H!&H

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

Posted Image

#32 MsAbbie

MsAbbie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:38 AM

In general, the most virulent comes with puberty. The guy with the worse acne I ever meet (polymorphic in face, all the face from scalp to chin, side to side). He never went under antibiotics and started improving progressively from 22-25. Now he's 31 and he's only have some scars. His breakouts were spectacular on mondays, after alcohol and drug weekends. Anyway, acne wasn't a handicap for getting girls and sex in his high-school/college years...He met his actual wife at 19. So treat your acne and give you a chance...don't punish yourself because of that!. Acne could be the filter that allows you keeping only worthwhile people along your life, none-superficial, just don't care much about how many pimples you have...

#33 tiwi

tiwi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

myth! once u have acne ,you cannot predict it! i started having acne same with you when i was on my teenager age (i'm a girl so ,i have a puberty time earlier than you do, around 13) , and it heals by it selfs when i was 19, and 20 is my very best appearance (skin was smooth like baby's ass hahaha) , BUT i dont know why it came again, ACNE STARTS again when i blew my b'day candle on 23 and it's getting worse until i found this web and Dan REgimen, now i'm on regimen and i'm 24 this year. still having acne but i see improvements :)
It's like up and downs, come and go things hahahah

#34 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

To the OP:

unfortunately i dont believe that acne can ever be "cured" but it can definitely be managed. and u can have a clear face for the rest of ur life if u maintain a lifestyle that works for u. that specifically means finding out what foods, etc trigger ur outbreaks & avoiding them. more generally it also means a proper healthy diet, plenty of water, regular exercise, a good night's sleep & reducing stress. of course find a regimen that works for u and ur skin! the products & regimen that work for me may not be the same thing that works for u but all that other stuff i mentioned applies to everyone no matter how old or young u are!

do not despair. this is good news! if u love urself and ur skin enough to commit to a healthy lifestyle, u can do it! u can have healthy skin! i believe that! i'm counting on it anyway. ^-^

#35 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

ive seen plenty of people with milk/moderate acne which grew out of it.

ur body goes through a lot of changes during this period of time, obviously it will be overloaded at points causing acne.

if ur acne doesnt clear up after 25 (this age u can assume ur body has completely gone through the growing phase) then u can assume that there's something wrong/unhealthy about ur body. then it's up to u to heal it.

#36 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

People report having their acne completely clear when they go abroad. Hence why that leads me to believe that there's something here in the west that we're prone to, that's preventing us from normal skin. I plan to live elsewhere when I get the chance, maybe Japan or Singapore...

"Long hair makes a good looking man, beautiful and an ugly man fierce"

#37 Tunnelvisionary

Tunnelvisionary

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

People report having their acne completely clear when they go abroad. Hence why that leads me to believe that there's something here in the west that we're prone to, that's preventing us from normal skin. I plan to live elsewhere when I get the chance, maybe Japan or Singapore...

I've heard that story as well. Before you move however, you might want to visit whatever country you want to move to for a few months to see if the effect is long term, rather than short term.
Call me TV.

Posted Imagemoonbase, on , said:

To the OP. Dieting is silly. The only point of a diet should be to heal your body. Once that's done as long as you get the nutrients you need in you diet, you can eat whatever the hell you want. I think that's the big thing people are missing.

#38 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

I've heard that story as well. Before you move however, you might want to visit whatever country you want to move to for a few months to see if the effect is long term, rather than short term.

Yeah that's sound advice. I will surely trial the country before I move. I notice when I go back to home, the air seems "thinner". I don't exactly know what that means for acne, but I as well as my acne clearing up, I do find I don't have to breathe so heavily abroad. Strange :/

"Long hair makes a good looking man, beautiful and an ugly man fierce"

#39 tiwi

tiwi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:50 AM

@lee1234 its true! my bestfriend who are originally came from other side of my country never break out until she moved to my city then she starts to break out pretty badly, after 1 year lived here, she moved back to her town ,then she get her skin back and still remains clear skin until NOW..

#40 Jc08

Jc08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

My oldest brother took accutane in his teenage years and then at 26 broke out pretty damn bad. He's 28 now and still occasionally breaks out. So, i guess i'll be suffering for the rest of my life because accutane failed.