Photo

Three Fix Log

vitamin d niacin fish oil zinc probiotic aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#41 regretful

regretful

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

ooh i forgot to ask you, are u getting any scars from your purging process? i feel like the bumps that get inflamed are so much "angrier" and redder than the pimples i used to get years ago before all this happened. the marks the leave behind seem to last longer too. some of them left like little indents in my skin.

are you doing anything to make your PIH go away faster?
i've been using aloe vera gel only on the marks but im not sure if its really working.

also may you tell me the brand of the niacinamide serum you are using? thanks so much!!

i hope im not bothering you lol

#42 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (wicky @ Jun 21 2011, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can you tell me what niancinamide gel you are using as your moisturizer? Its sounds great and I have so many clogs I dont want to add to it

Oh it's actually a serum that acts a little like a moisturizer. It's by rationale skincare. Just give it a google. Do try the samples first before ordering!

#43 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (regretful @ Jun 21 2011, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hii, i just checked my topic today (i really need to do that more often haha)

i think you're right about it just being irritation from the steroid ointment because my facial redness disappeared after 3 weeks or so.

and i dont think the bumps on my face had anything to do with it, i found the real culprit lol
i think it was from using a scrub/exfoliant everyday just because everyone i know uses them. i didnt know you weren't supposed to exfoliate daily and you had to moisturize afterwards. so i did that everyday for 2 months and yea.... i think also bc im a pharmacy student and slept about 2hrs every night and poor diet also lol.

thank you for your advicee!!
i did stop using the products the derm prescribed me a while ago
the tazorac was giving me way too much irritation and making my face super red again. it hurt to even wash my face while using it

for the bumps
ive been using neutrogena pore refining toner aha/bha. it really works! ive seen major improvement after using it for 1month.
and yea for the active pimples, i just used 2.5% bp. im scared to go any higher. 5% makes me peel.

i will also take take your advice and look into niacinamide.

hope your skin improves!
off topic, but my moms side of the family lives in melbourne and i think i'll be going there this winter. i cant wait! haha

I hope you enjoy your trip! smile.gif

#44 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (regretful @ Jun 21 2011, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ooh i forgot to ask you, are u getting any scars from your purging process? i feel like the bumps that get inflamed are so much "angrier" and redder than the pimples i used to get years ago before all this happened. the marks the leave behind seem to last longer too. some of them left like little indents in my skin.

are you doing anything to make your PIH go away faster?
i've been using aloe vera gel only on the marks but im not sure if its really working.

also may you tell me the brand of the niacinamide serum you are using? thanks so much!!

i hope im not bothering you lol

No, I never get scars and even if I do, they are just merely PIH and not scars... They fade pretty quickly because of the AHA/BHA serum and the Retinaldehyde. My PIH is under control due to the niacinamide serum as well (It's by Rationale Skincare - 10 percent concentration. Google the company up! You should be able to get it by calling them up. They do deliveries. ). Niacinamide takes care of the PIH, irritation from acne and regulates oil flow as well.

The reason why sometimes the PIH don't go away is partly due to the fact that there is still something inside the acne. This is what I've realized after a few months of dealing with them.

Aloe vera gel only soothes and make it less red. PIH is more about pigmentation after inflammation of the skin. It will eventually go away if the zit is COMPLETELY gone. smile.gif

#45 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

Hello peeps. Sorry for the mini-hiatus! I've been a little occupied these days...

Anyway, update on my skin. I've just came back from extractions yesterday so my skin doesn't look as flawless as it was two days ago. Yes, my skin actually showed signs of clearing up. What used to be hundreds and hundreds of bumps are now reduced to a mere 100. smile.gif I'm actually happy that there is progress.

The extractions went well. The nurse who did it for me was pretty gentle and she was only using fingers (with gloves of course!). She prepped my skin with an exfoliating cleanser and a lactic acid-based toner. The gunk came out way to easily but in return for getting the gunk out, my face will be red. I'm actually happy to get redness if the zits came out. Only 4 zits out of the 80 something zits she pressed, resurfaced. After the zit popping session, she spot treated them with 12 percent BHA (The same chemical peel I've got). It was a little nasty, the sensation of getting the BHA on your face but worthwhile. At least, some of the unriped zits are less painful now.

I asked a couple of questions to the nurse:

1. Why does my acne itch randomly and especially after I exercise?

-Skin is irritated and therefore itching is common. It's like a wound. If you have a wound, you will experience itching at some point and even worse, when you feel hot.

2. Is it okay to moisturize?

-Only if your skin is feeling dry and tight

#46 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

Due to the mini peel, some existing whiteheads turned to pus filled ones. sad.gif I cried over the 7 of them last night. The extractions made my face look temporarily horrible too. So, I was pretty upset over my face.

But I realized how stupid I was to cry over my face. I mean, it won't change a thing!

#47 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:20 PM

Currently, I look like this:

Photo_on_2011_06_24_at_15.18__4.jpg

There are lots of dark marks from the dead nodules.

#48 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

My acne has gone worst. I've got cysts now. sad.gif Thanks to the bloody 20 over hour flight. Lucky for those who have great skin. Initially, my skin was on the process of recovering. Now it's back to square one. sad.gif

#49 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

hey i checked out the website Rationale and found the niacinamide serum but its way too much money even when converted to US dollars...you mentioned something about samples but I couldnt find where they offered that...

#50 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (wicky @ Jun 27 2011, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey i checked out the website Rationale and found the niacinamide serum but its way too much money even when converted to US dollars...you mentioned something about samples but I couldnt find where they offered that...

Just call them up. smile.gif

#51 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

After the flight, I emailed my doctor and then got a reply from the head doctor of the area. I was told to stop the unclog and retinaldehyde to give my skin a break. Sheesh.

#52 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:09 AM

My skin has improved slightly although it did not clear up at all. Well, it got worst after the flight and sort of improved after two nights of really good, long sleep. smile.gif

Now, I don't use the Unclog during the day. Only the night. I also use the retinaldehyde seperate from the Unclog.

#53 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

My skin is getting better now. Especially after having two rounds of facials with extractions. Two days later, I'll be having another SA peel. smile.gif Wish me luck!

#54 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

I'm so jealous of your skin. Besides the spots, it looks soooo healthy underneath. You don't think you naturally beautiful skin would glow by itself without products? I mean 80% of it already does.

Hope to hear from you. smile.gif

Oh and, by the way, this:
But I realized how stupid I was to cry over my face. I mean, it won't change a thing!

I've done it too. It's ok to cry sometimes...as long as you pick yourself back up. Just be strong. smile.gif

#55 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

Oh my gosh! I also want to ask, before you started your regimen, did you experiment with makeup or anything? Any diet changes? You didn't move or anything like that? Between August and December?

Edited by sgoodleitz, 22 July 2011 - 01:46 PM.