Photo

Three Fix Log

vitamin d niacin fish oil zinc probiotic aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#21 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:21 AM

Chemical peel status: Skin darkened considerably. I look like a lizard now! Also four new pimples ( I think it's part of the purging!). Some whiteheads turned black, shriveled up and roll off! My skin is suprisingly, quite hydrated in spite of the peel! Something must be off somewhere because in my previous peels, my skin is usually dry as hell!

smile.gif

#22 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

My skin has turned very leathery and started to flake slightly. It's not a really traumatic peel, 12 percent SA... In fact it's quite mild. Yet, it does bring out a little more remnant gunk. My purging was not as bad as the first one. About 8 zits popped out instead of having 50 over, like my initial breakout... Yes 50 over. I've got like hundreds of whiteheads. It's expected that 10 years of pimples will appear on my face in one go....

Anyway, pictures:

Photo_on_2011_06_11_at_17.42__3.jpg
Photo_on_2011_06_11_at_18.11__2.jpg
Photo_on_2011_06_11_at_17.39__3.jpg

The red marks are more than usual because I had extractions along with the peel. smile.gif

Edited by micheniche, 11 June 2011 - 06:03 AM.

#23 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:29 AM

Again, if you're wondering, I don't use make up to conceal any of my zits. I just walk out into the streets, broad daylight, with a face looking like this. I know for so many people, it will be a horrifying experience. At some point of my purging process, my face looked so horrible that I didn't want to go anywhere. BUT HEY, this is acne. 90 percent of the people have it. It's depressing but you have to get rid of it instead of covering it up. Covering it up doesn't mean it's not there.

#24 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

I had serious flaking when I washed my face this morning. Also, I've decided to get rid of my blackheads. My nose is clear but there was so much of flaking going on. I slapped some BP after extractions to prevent any sort of infection. Then, I put zinc oxide on my face instead of using the suncreen with titanium dioxide. I prefer using the zinc oxide sunscreen although my other tit. dioxide sunscreen has more antioxidants. Also, zinc oxide helps fade red marks faster.

#25 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:24 AM

Sigh. Another round of purging after the chemical peel. Well, while chemical peel does improve how your skin looks, it also does another thing: exfoliate.

After starting the regimen, I had my first IB and it died after 7 days. Now, it's time for another round of IB. I noticed that some of the zits subsided faster than usual. Yet, it's still quite frustrating. Oh well, the only way these gazillion whiteheads are going to go away is by either extractions or breakouts. I asked my nurse if breakouts were normal when starting anti-acne products. She said yes.

Having said that, the patches where my face had no acne did not breakout. In fact, they looked so nice and smooth, that they are my only hope. They motivate me to get my clear skin back and not acne conquer my rightful "land".

#26 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:05 AM

Now, I'm back to using my three fix kit. Update on my regimen:

AM:
-Cleanse
-Unclog (wait for 15 minutes)
-BP (only spot treatment) (wait for 5 minutes)
-3 drops of niacinamide serum (anti-inflammatory)
-Sunblock

PM:
-Cleanse
-Unclog (wait 10 minutes)
-Retinaldehyde
-Optional moisturizer (1 hour after putting on retinaldehyde)

Today,

My face flaked like nobody's business. Parts of it have not even shed yet! T_T

Anyway, a picture:

Photo_on_2011_06_13_at_14.11__2.jpg

I've booked in for extractions this week. those tiny buggers must go. i took a high res picture of my cheeks using my iphone. I noticed that most of the bumpy stuff have turned into blackheads. man, after four rounds of chem peel and so many products, those darn buggers have finally surfaced.

Should I feel pissed off?

Edited by micheniche, 13 June 2011 - 04:07 AM.

#27 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:21 AM

I'm still flaking. Just washed my face. It flaked like there was no tomorrow. I cannot believe it. Day 8 of my BHA peel and still flaking! This must be some record! Most people are done peeling by Day 8 but some bits are un-peeled yet.

I noticed that, at parts that have already peeled, the bumps turned very flat and have a blackhead.

Oh, today, a huge pimple rolled out itself. It is like a tiny stone. It reminds me how it is important to get rid of the impurities in your skin. Imagine if they are all stuck there! They will actually calcify and turn into stones! My dad had two "stones" on his face. My esthetician back in my home country helped him extract them! It was nasty.

#28 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

Woke up this morning to find three new pimples... they were whiteheads previously...week 2.5 into my regimen. But those zits tend to clear up pretty fast.

I'm not done peeling yet. MAN!

#29 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

I've noticed how I've been changing my regime. Ah, it's been diverted so far away from the original three step thing!

Well, first things first, I prefer using a retinoid over BP. Somehow, retinoid leaves you with a nicer complexion to wake up with over BP. Having said that, BP is a very effective tool for killing zits. Still, I feel that my unclog serum (BHA/AHA) works well in unclogging pimples...

Now, instead of using a light moisturizer when my skin feels a little dry, I use niacinamide as a moisturizer. It's really soothing, primarily because the serum has 10 percent niacinamde, sodium hyaluronate and glycerin. Nothing to clog me pores. biggrin.gif

The moisturizer is still helpful after my peels tho.

#30 regretful

regretful

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

hiii

your story is so similar to minee
i had tons of bumps over my whole face too
the ones on my forehead got so big that they turned into pimples and some just surfaced into blackheads
i couldnt take it anymore so i went for a facial and got most of the ones on my forehead extracted.
but the ones on my cheeks... theyre just like turning into really hard balckheads.. and turning into big pimples just like yours

actually my face looks really similar to yours right now and im asian also roflll
but yea, tis been 3 months and my face is covered in red marks from pimples now
oh and... i used to have like no pores on my cheeks and now theyre huge! i dont even pick at my cheeks bc i know its the place that scars the easiesttt

#31 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (regretful @ Jun 15 2011, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hiii

your story is so similar to minee
i had tons of bumps over my whole face too
the ones on my forehead got so big that they turned into pimples and some just surfaced into blackheads
i couldnt take it anymore so i went for a facial and got most of the ones on my forehead extracted.
but the ones on my cheeks... theyre just like turning into really hard balckheads.. and turning into big pimples just like yours

actually my face looks really similar to yours right now and im asian also roflll
but yea, tis been 3 months and my face is covered in red marks from pimples now
oh and... i used to have like no pores on my cheeks and now theyre huge! i dont even pick at my cheeks bc i know its the place that scars the easiesttt

Ah, the reason why I have pimples is because I started the regimen. The only way for the gunk to come out, is for the whiteheads to turn into pimples. Either that, or you get extractions. Unfortunately, I've yet to met an esthetician who is good at extractions in Melbourne. So, I'll let the products work on my skin and let it all come out. It's going to be ugly but that's the only way.

My skin used to be flawless. smile.gif I can understand how you feel. It's depressing but patience... patience...

#32 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:54 AM

I think I'm having a good skin day. smile.gif Almost 80 percent of the dead skin has shed off, leaving me with incredibly smooth skin! Softer than a baby's! Except for the bumps. They feel very "poky".

#33 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

"Skin when it is about to heal, feels incredibly, ridiculously itchy", said my zits. When I put the retinaldehyde, I can feel it literally working on my skin. It was so itchy that it was crazy. And no, it is not due to dry skin because only my pimples itch. Imagine, if I have 50 or so red spots on my face, guess where it will itch? Sheesh. They itch so bad that I had no choice but to apply a thin layer of moisturizer. It helped but by no means, did it reduce the itching. I called up my mom to rant about my itching acne. She said it is normal because the skin is healing. I asked my sister. She said the same thing.

This morning, thanks to the moisturizer, my skin feels a little greasy to touch. This is the reason why I tend to steer clear from them these days. My skin is really funny at times.... sigh. I decided to use super cold water to wash my face (one of the perks during winter) and cut down my face-washing time to only 10 seconds. I don't want to be touching my face longer than that because for fear that it might itch again (stupid pimples). Lo and behold, after I washed my face, it was glowing! I was so delighted! Ever since i started this regime, my skin hasn't been glowing (because I decided to omit retinaldehyde for a while to see how my skin responds to the three fix kit). After incorporating the retinaldehyde, I feel that even the finest lines, will be reduced to nothingness. Also, the bumpy, spiky feel to my zits are gone. Products glide over my skin at ease. I guess that's because most of the whiteheads are now reduced to blackheads.

I'm happy despite the itch. I never felt so happy for my skin before. Usually, all I can think of is getting rid of the zits.

#34 Espinilla12

Espinilla12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (micheniche @ Jun 2 2011, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the 31st of May, I've started using Rationale's Three Fix Kit. It contains three items:

1. Cleanse - A mild, slightly acidic, anti-bacterial cleanser to get rid of debris, excess oil and impurities without harming the integrity of your skin.
2. Unclog - 18 percent AHA, 5 percent BHA with Niacinamide
3. Clear - Benzoyl Peroxide, 5 percent with Niacinamide 2 percent

Use twice a day, all three steps.

In the morning, I use a SPF 15 sunblock. I rarely go out. smile.gif
In the evening, if I feel a little dry from my heater, I use a little oil-free, glycerin based moisturizer.

I'm keeping a log here to share with you guys my journey to clear skin. According to Rationale Skincare, within 10 weeks, I will see results.

My skin condition:

History of skin: Had been battling mild acne for a few years. Started since I was 12.

-August 2010: Perfect complexion. No blackheads, whiteheads whatsover

-December 2010: Hundreds of white bumps surfaced all over my skin.

-April 2010: Decided to do something about my skin

Treatments underwent so far:

- April: 2 BHA 8 percent peels. Improved skin condition but decided to stop it because the place where i got the peels were quite unprofessional. Communication was poor. They did not tell me what to expect from the peel
- May: 1 microderm + enzyme peel. Improved skin clarity but did nothing to my acne.

Upcoming treatment:
- 7th June: 16 percent BHA peel OR 20 percent Lactic acid peel w. extractions

Supplements that I take:
-Vitamin D 1000 IU (Once per day)
-Grapeseed extract 12000 mg (Twice per day)
-Zinc (Occasionally - realized that it doesn't do much about my acne)
-Evening Primrose oil (1000 mg per day)
-Fish oil (1000 mg per day)
-Probiotics (Twice per day, 1 billion strain)
-2 iron pills with Vit. C (5 mg each)

Diet:
-Lots of fruits and vegetables
-Less sugary and oily treats
-No junk food!
-One serving of meat per day (Fish, chicken, pork, beef)
-No kelp.
-When craving for something, I eat pistachios

Day 1 of using the threefix kit.

Just a thought, I stay away from peanuts because they break me out. A few months ago, I decided to each pistachios, which I never ever do. Someone offered me some I I figured what the heck, so I ate them. I actually went out to buy some and ate a few each day for about a week span. A week later, I broke out terriblly. I highly suspect it was the pistachios because that was the only thing I added different to my regular diet. So know I stay clear away from them.
Just trying to help, mabye it's something that might be affecting you that you've haven't though of.

#35 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

I just started eating pistachios last week... Maybe I should reduce my pistachio intake. Thanks anyway!

#36 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:31 AM

I noticed that my acne come to head faster after I do exercise. When I exercise, they tend to get really itchy! Sheesh. Sometimes, it itches so badly, I scream at my sister "It itches!!" And the head pops up. Also, they come off easily after I exercise. I just need to gently lather some cleanser and they'll fall off. Amazing.

#37 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

I've compared pictures after my peel and now (11 days after my peel). I can assure you, my skin looks like a nightmare despite the glow and smooth skin. Some whiteheads are inflamed. Other have headed to the surface. It's scary. When I wash my face, I feel smooth but prickly as a porcupine.

I guess I have to be patience. I'm entering week 3 into my regimen. Now I've reverted to using rationale's prep cleanser instead of three fix's cleanse. I feel that there is no need for an anti-bacterial cleanser anymore as I'm using retinaldehyde every night. I'll only use the threefix cleanser after exercising. smile.gif I exercise three times a week, 45 minutes per session.

AM:
-Gentle cleanser
-Unclog (BHA/AHA)
-BP spot treatment
-Niacinamide
-Sunblock

PM:
-Gentle cleanser (Threefix after exercise)
-Unclog
-Retinaldehyde

smile.gif

Edited by micheniche, 16 June 2011 - 04:59 PM.

#38 micheniche

micheniche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

Sheesh. My skin is pretty bumpy today - the smooth patches are still smooth. All of the whiteheads and pimples are screaming to come out but there's nothing I can do.

#39 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

can you tell me what niancinamide gel you are using as your moisturizer? Its sounds great and I have so many clogs I dont want to add to it

#40 regretful

regretful

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

hii, i just checked my topic today (i really need to do that more often haha)

i think you're right about it just being irritation from the steroid ointment because my facial redness disappeared after 3 weeks or so.

and i dont think the bumps on my face had anything to do with it, i found the real culprit lol
i think it was from using a scrub/exfoliant everyday just because everyone i know uses them. i didnt know you weren't supposed to exfoliate daily and you had to moisturize afterwards. so i did that everyday for 2 months and yea.... i think also bc im a pharmacy student and slept about 2hrs every night and poor diet also lol.

thank you for your advicee!!
i did stop using the products the derm prescribed me a while ago
the tazorac was giving me way too much irritation and making my face super red again. it hurt to even wash my face while using it

for the bumps
ive been using neutrogena pore refining toner aha/bha. it really works! ive seen major improvement after using it for 1month.
and yea for the active pimples, i just used 2.5% bp. im scared to go any higher. 5% makes me peel.

i will also take take your advice and look into niacinamide.

hope your skin improves!
off topic, but my moms side of the family lives in melbourne and i think i'll be going there this winter. i cant wait! haha