260 replies to this topic

#241 The Caked Crusader

The Caked Crusader

Wanna know how I got these scars?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

To those of you who have had scabs on for two weeks or more: What were you putting on your crossed areas, post-TCA-CROSS treatment?

I use a cream called Cicaplast (both Rene and Pauline recommended it to me); it helps speed up recovery from cosmetic procedures, including scabs from the CROSS method.

#242 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

I had some regular moisturizer after my cross combined with a full-face TCA peel. I had to keep the scabbing moisturized enough, so it wouldn't start to crack (my whole face was basically one big scab, so it would've started cracking due to normal facial expressions etc without a moisturizer). I hardly used anything when I had only the Cross. I may have moisturized the scabs a little bit, but I can't remember.

And now that I think about it, it actually took me around 12-21 days for all the scabs to fall off. When I had the peel on top of the cross, it took me only 14 days (still, I was told it would only be a week). My doctor said afterwards he could tell it would take a long time, because my skin texture is very fine (and also sensitive for scarring) so that it just does take me longer to heal. I do think my poor circulation and sluggish metabolism may have compounded the effect though. I've heard TCA peels generally work better for men with a rougher skin texture.

I've decided that next time I have a scar treatment, I'm going to experiment with niacin supplements for a few weeks (the flush kind), to improve the circulation in my skin during the recovery. Exercise would help just as well, but I know myself and I'm not going to make it to the gym or out for a jog when my face is very red or scabbed up.

#243 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

I used Aquaphor, and then followed that up with a deep hydrating cream once the scabs had *finally* fallen off. I may just take longer to heal, and have issues with circulation too. My feet tend to fall asleep pretty easily, so I assume that's a sign a poor circulation. My metabolism has slowed as well with age. I was 38 when I had TCA Cross done. I think age plays a big part in this for me as well.

TCA Peels take about 10 days for me to peel as well. I haven't done one in more than a year though, and don't plan to do that to my skin again. I also wonder if all the treatments I had prior to TCA Cross contributed to my complications. I had three TCA peels done, followed by 5 microdermabrasion sessions, at a medspa. I'd have to go back and look at the timing but I think I gave my skin 1.5 months downtime before trying TCA Cross. My doctor didn't seem concerned about my prior treatments complicating my TCA Cross results, so I didn't consider that at the time.

#244 The Caked Crusader

The Caked Crusader

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

You guys should ask your derms about Cicaplast; it's made to accelerate the healing process, post cosmetic procedure. I apply it for the first week, and by week 2, I don't have any scabs left. I, now, won't have any treatment, without making sure I got some in my medicine cabinet.

And, as far as chemical peels are concerned, I have very sensitive skin/far from rough skin, and if I had the time to get one every month, I would -- it works wonders for my complexion. And I get the really, really deep ones done. Like, I'm talking 60% TCA. Downtime sucks for the first 2 or 3 days, but then it's all smooth sailing and positive results, from there.

#245 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Like, I'm talking 60% TCA. Downtime sucks for the first 2 or 3 days, but then it's all smooth sailing and positive results, from there.

Sorry but are you sure you meant to type 60% TCA for a peel?! The highest I've done is 25% once at a medspa, and the downtime was much longer than 2-3 days at that strength. I've never heard of anyone getting a 60% pure TCA peel.

I looked back at my receipts and it was actually 2.5 months between my 25% TCA peel and TCA Cross sessions. I did have 5 microdermabrasions plus facials between the treatments though.

#246 The Caked Crusader

The Caked Crusader

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Sorry but are you sure you meant to type 60% TCA for a peel?! The highest I've done is 25% once at a medspa, and the downtime was much longer than 2-3 days at that strength. I've never heard of anyone getting a 60% pure TCA peel.

Nope, 60% was the highest I've had. Obviously, I built up to it, making sure my skin could take that kind of strength (took a couple of years).

Not something I'd recommend doing too often, though; the risks are high. I've only done it twice, myself.

35 to 50% (considered the gold standard for chemical peels) is what I tend to go with.

#247 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Wow, that's a very strong peel. I don't know my percentages, but they probably were 20-30%. I wouldn't dare go for anything stronger with my healing capabilities. Did your strong peels help with any scarring?

#248 justmeuk

justmeuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

To those of you who have had scabs on for two weeks or more: What were you putting on your crossed areas, post-TCA-CROSS treatment?

I use a cream called Cicaplast (both Rene and Pauline recommended it to me); it helps speed up recovery from cosmetic procedures, including scabs from the CROSS method.

I've been using terproline post treatment and just washing twice a day with water. I got told just to use a simple moisturiser by my doctor.

#249 The Caked Crusader

The Caked Crusader

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Did your strong peels help with any scarring?

Every peel I've ever had helped and contributed in getting rid of the marks/hyper-pigmentation left behind by breakouts.

It also helped with blackheads and my skin's overall complexion. As I said, wish I could have one every month. :P

#250 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Did your strong peels help with any scarring?

Every peel I've ever had helped and contributed in getting rid of the marks/hyper-pigmentation left behind by breakouts.

It also helped with blackheads and my skin's overall complexion. As I said, wish I could have one every month. Posted Image

I assume that means pigmentation marks rather than indented marks left by breakouts? Peels do help with complexion and non-inflamed acne so much. That's why I sort of feel tempted to have a TCA peel during the holidays, I know it would make my skin look great. I don't think I will though.

Edited by austra, 12 December 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#251 The Caked Crusader

The Caked Crusader

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

I assume that means pigmentation marks rather than indented marks left by breakouts?

Marks, spots, hyper-pigmentation, etc.

Chemical peels do nothing for acne scarring (ie, icepick, boxcar, rolling, etc.) so, no, not "indented marks."

#252 risarella

risarella

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hi Sam! I'd like your opinion on whether continuing with TCA cross treatment would be beneficial to me. I went to Renee for the first treatment and I did achieve some minor improvement, but I never got back to Montreal for another. It's been over a year now and I'd like to continue. Is that too long between treatments? Thanks.

#253 The Caked Crusader

The Caked Crusader

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hi Sam! I'd like your opinion on whether continuing with TCA cross treatment would be beneficial to me. I went to Renee for the first treatment and I did achieve some minor improvement, but I never got back to Montreal for another. It's been over a year now and I'd like to continue. Is that too long between treatments? Thanks.

Sorry for the delay,

CROSS is mostly beneficial when more than one treatment is done. If you have achieved improvement after just one, then that is a good enough reason to continue.

As for the gap between treatments, your scars continue to improve over time, therefore the longer you wait between them, the better. I usually have a treatment done every 2-3 months. I have gone longer between treatments, too; it doesn't matter.

#254 ThisSiteSucks

ThisSiteSucks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

So in short- Do you believe having TCA cross performed was worth it?

#255 The Caked Crusader

The Caked Crusader

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

So in short- Do you believe having TCA cross performed was worth it?

In short - absolutely.

#256 Timjames

Timjames

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hi Sam, thanks for coming back! I am to see Pauline this Friday and really look forward to meeting her! Since I am from Toronto and will not drive to Montreal, I have to take the metro from Bonaventure to the hospital. I wonder my face will look very weird after the treatment. Indeed, I am considering to wear a mask after the treatment to be honest.    

#257 The Caked Crusader

The Caked Crusader

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Hi Sam, thanks for coming back! I am to see Pauline this Friday and really look forward to meeting her! Since I am from Toronto and will not drive to Montreal, I have to take the metro from Bonaventure to the hospital. I wonder my face will look very weird after the treatment. Indeed, I am considering to wear a mask after the treatment to be honest.    

Hi Timjames! Nice to hear from you!

Honestly, your face won't look bad, at all. As weird as this may sound; it'll actually look better, since your scars will appear to be filled up. The "whiteheads" and redness will show up during and remain about 10-20 minutes after the treatment; then, they'll go away, and it'll be fine to go out in public. What I usually do, is ask Rene/Pauline if I could remain in the office for a little while, before leaving, so the "whiteheads" and redness can go down.

If you're really worried, it's quite windy here, so just put your scarf around your face; you'll look a little less crazy than if you were to wear a mask lol.

But, I'm telling you: you'll look fine. I promise you. You won't be even able to tell that you just had the procedure done.

I actually have an appointment for another CROSS treatment this week, too! Good luck, buddy!

#258 Redsearch

Redsearch

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hi there, I'm new to the forum although I've read posts before. This thread was very interesting and inspiring!
I'm in Toronto and had 2 cross treatments with Dr. Bargman. I had really good results after the first treatment, but minimal results on the second. Because of the cost and travelling out to his office, I decided to do a cross treatment myself. I had trouble ordering a pre-made 100%tca solution, so I made my own. I ordered pure ACS Reagent TCA crystals, bought a sensitive small weigh scale at the science store (which can weigh fractions of a gram) and dissolved 9.41grams of the crystals in 10ml of pure steam distilled water.
This gave me some wiggle room for a solution between 90-100% pure tca.

I store the crystals in their jar inside a freezer bag in the freezer. I have enough to treat myself and probably 100 other people for years! All of this (including the scale and small beaker) for less than the price of a single visit to Dr. Bargman!

I did my first treatment on myself 3 days ago, using a wooden toothpick. I sharpened the tip a little and it was the perfect size. I'm a little nervous that I used too much of the solution in couple of small spots, but overall things look good so far. I am keeping all treated areas coated in Vaseline for a full week, possibly even 9 days depending on how things look in a few days.

I worry for the person who posted above who said she wore makeup shortly after giving herself a cross treatment. I think it's very important to keep treated areas covered in Vaseline for at least a week. Especially if the scars are of any significant size.

Doing the treatment myself also allowed me to treat enlarged pores. Dr Bargman only treats the scars he can see, and even though there were a bunch more that bothered me, those went untreated at my last session with Dr. B.

I'll post an update once things have healed up!

Sadly I did not take any before photos!

#259 kagulor

kagulor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hi,friend,nice to see this topic,but i havent read all the pages already,just wonder how is your present result after TCA CROSS,what type of scars is your main problem?box or icepick?I probably try CROSS soon.....

May you be better as you expect!

#260 MoiBeige

MoiBeige

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

Hello,

I am disgusted with the skin on my cheeks. I have been contemplating a TCA cross 100% (unbuffered kind) on these scars. I just would like to double check if these are indeed icepick scars. Am I going the right way? Any help would be welcome.

Thank you.

IMG_0996.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users