Photo

acne blue light on ebay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 terribleacne

terribleacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

Hi, I'm new to the site and wanted to see what you all thought about the acne blue light from ebay. I have used it for a few weeks now and i am having good results! I have seen some others post on here about this and it seems others like it also. Any others with any opinions on this? How long do you use it for each week? any info would be great. I will post any results as I go with the treatments.

#2 PinkSunflower

PinkSunflower

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (terribleacne @ May 31 2011, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I'm new to the site and wanted to see what you all thought about the acne blue light from ebay. I have used it for a few weeks now and i am having good results! I have seen some others post on here about this and it seems others like it also. Any others with any opinions on this? How long do you use it for each week? any info would be great. I will post any results as I go with the treatments.

Hi there! Glad your getting good results. I also have blue light, but I I didn't get it from ebay. My blue light is from baby quasar, it is expensive, but I think it works amazing especially in conjunction with red light. Although right now I've been getting a bit lazy with using them...but wow can I tell the difference between when I use it and when I don't. I use my blue light 15 minutes total each time I use it, and I'll use it once a week, although the instructions say every few days, but like I said..lazy right now cool.gif

#3 johnw

johnw

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:56 PM

didnt work for me

#4 miss a

miss a

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

I just bought one from Sirius, am waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

The only reason I bought it is because I just finished four sessions with blu-u light therapy and the results were actually pretty amazing. I went in there with 10-15 pimples (I know, not the end of the world, but when I get acne, it's PERSISTENT... so one would clear up, and then two more would show up the next day, and last a long, long time), some cystic, and lots of BUMPS on my skin (the ones that are the same colour as your face and unpoppable). I now have maybe three zits total, and they are ridiculously tiny. So I am hopeful!

Edited by miss a, 17 September 2011 - 04:53 PM.

#5 hunter480

hunter480

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

Miss A - I just got the one from Sirius today-- keep me posted with your results and which lights you are using... i have read reviews of people saying it works for anti aging and skin spots-- but I have had a hard time finding acne reviews for this light--

#6 miss a

miss a

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:08 AM

Miss A - I just got the one from Sirius today-- keep me posted with your results and which lights you are using... i have read reviews of people saying it works for anti aging and skin spots-- but I have had a hard time finding acne reviews for this light--

Cool! Interested to see how yours works for you! I still haven't gotten mine.
I found some reviews on youtube for it, which is what pushed me to buy it. Well, that and actually getting light therapy and seeing that it made a big difference in my skin.

#7 bananab

bananab

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

Any follow up on the Sirius Aurora? I've thought about ordering it, it seems like a good value and good product compared to other LED lights, but I would love some feedback on the product from acne sufferers.

Thanks!

#8 nycguy83

nycguy83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Any follow up on the Sirius Aurora? I've thought about ordering it, it seems like a good value and good product compared to other LED lights, but I would love some feedback on the product from acne sufferers.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking of... that or the LED array of 400+ blue and red on ebay for $100. I just am curious if the generic ebay or amazon LED's are as high quality as those from a mainstream company with a website like Tanda, Sirius, Lumiport, etc.

From what I've seen, 420nm blue LED's cost at least $1.50 each wholesale, twice as much as the 460nm versions, so I am skeptical that these ebay/amazon no-name versions could be the real deal, with 100+ 420nm high-powered blue LED's for $100... I might be missing something, but sometimes you get what you pay for...

This is the ebay one I was considering though, I wish someone would review it. That is a ton of LEDs for $100...
http://www.ebay.com/...s-/120773249207

After looking at all the mainstream brands, I see Sirius claims its LED heads last 6000 hours, and the blue/red/green all included, and no battery to worry about, those are the main selling points for me.

For now I just bought a Tanda Zap and a 30-pack of AAA batteries, to see if the blue light even works for me, before I spend more. Will post updates.

Edited by nycguy83, 07 January 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#9 bananab

bananab

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Sirius even though I couldn't find any reviews from people using it for acne. People using it for anti-aging seemed to have pretty good feedback. It has a 60-day guarantee, so I can always return it. I ordered it on 12/27, and it still hasn't arrived! They told me it shipped on 1/6. I think it's pretty unreasonable in this day and age to order something online and still not receive it 16 days later.

Anyway, will update after I receive it and see if it works...

#10 nycguy83

nycguy83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

I ordered what appears to be the exact same thing as the Aurora, from bright therapy for $129. A few companies selling the same device under different brands:

Attached File  sr11a-3peice.jpg   22.02K   9 downloads

If the light therapy continues to work, I will probably get the triple head acne lamp for $600 when I can afford it. The company says the LED's last 100,000 hours, and they make professional equipment as well.

Attached File  lg-3br.jpg   56.34K   10 downloads

So far I am a convert, after just one week with the Tanda Zap, my skin (mild to moderate acne) is 75% clearer than it was using BP. It is about on par with topical antibiotics.

Edited by nycguy83, 13 January 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#11 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

had one, maybe it helped a little bit, but not worth the money thats for sure. waste of time and money.

#12 nycguy83

nycguy83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

had one, maybe it helped a little bit, but not worth the money thats for sure. waste of time and money.

Which one? Did you use it daily?

You might be in the 10% of people who don't respond to blue light then. It's been working wonders for me, and just the little Tanda Zap so far.

#13 bananab

bananab

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

Which one? Did you use it daily?

You might be in the 10% of people who don't respond to blue light then. It's been working wonders for me, and just the little Tanda Zap so far.

nycguy, do you use the blue light ever day? I got my sirius yesterday, started using it this morning (yay!) But the directions recommend using it 3-4 times per week, so I was planning on using blue light every other day with red light on the alternating days. What has your regimen been like?

#14 nycguy83

nycguy83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Good luck banana.b

My bright therapy SR11A is in the mail, its in Kearny NJ wherever that is.

Until it arrives I am still using the Tanda Zap every day. On the actual acne areas I use it 4 minutes morning and 4 minutes at night. I do notice a better effect using it longer, although no company I've seen recommends more than 15 or 30 minutes per day total.

When I get the SR11A (identical to Sirius Aurora, prob same manufacturer I am guessing) for the first few months I will use Blue Light every day until my face is clear, and the Red every other day. Then for maintenance, maybe 3 times per week Blue and 2 times for Red. And maybe I'll try the green a couple times too, supposed to cure dark spots which might help with mild scarring.

I think consistency is the key here. I'll use it while watching TV or studying, that's what I've been doing with the Tanda and it's become a pretty easy routine. Still seeing great results after just a week, as good as clinda or erythro topicals which were what worked best for me.

Most of the Blue Light devices say to use it every day until your face is clear, then go down to ~3 times a week, so that is what I'm going off.

[Update] So I received the device, seems good to me so far no complaints. I'll post a complete review after a few weeks.

Edited by nycguy83, 17 January 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#15 bananab

bananab

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

I got the sirius aurora on 1/16 and have been using it since then.

Overall I am satisfied. It does not get me 100% clear, but down from maybe 5-6 big pimples at a time to 1 big one and 1 or 2 small. I consider it a big improvement. I agree that it's a time committment, sometimes I don't find the time and end up breaking out again. Same with alternating between blue and red, I don't always find the time so I haven't really been doing that. Now I probably do blue 3 times per week and that's it. I'm hoping that if I can use it more I'll have even better results. I find it pretty easy to use while watching tv, listening to the news etc. Sometimes I get into a morning routine where I do it right when I wake up with coffee and news or podcasts, and it's been a surprisingly refreshing start to my day! Posted Image

Word of warning: There's been some research on using blue LED lights for treating depression and bipolar and they found it can cause damage to your eyes (macular degeneration) when used over a long period of time. Now, this was a large light shined on the whole face, and the light I use is handheld so I'm careful not to shine it in my eyes. But still, I worry about the safety long term, so I think I'm going to get some tanning goggles to wear while using it. The way I use it now it doesn't hurt my eyes, but I noticed using the red light does bother my eyes.