Photo

Bad Things They Do To Our Food-Factory Farms, Subsidies, Regulations, Genetic Modification, World Domination, Control Of Food Supply & More

food goverment petitions

Best Answer alternativista, 04 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (VitaminofLove333 @ Jul 3 2011, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought this blog was about fish oil?...... glare.gif

???????

----------------------

Anyway, You should see the response I got from Senator Cornyn. You can't even tell what it's about. Just a bunch of Republican party line BS about spending and deficits.

Both my senators supported continuing subsidizing Big Oil. You can bet they'll keep subsidizing 'big food.'
Go to the full post

141 replies to this topic

#141 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

How do you feel about this?

10 Big Food companies control the majority of the food you eat. 

See the infographic. 

http://newsone.com/3...m-10-companies/

Especially considering some have been recorded on video saying that they believe our food and water should be totally in the control of these large corporations. The CEO. Of Nestle believes they should control our dwindling water supply.

Do you really want a couple of corporations to control the world's food and water supply? 

Edited by alternativista, 11 August 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#142 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

The real evils:

The Grocery Manufacturers Association GMA  (Canadian equivalent Food and Consumer Products of Canada FCPC)

Big bullying, lobbying, marketing group consisting of all the makers of the cheap grain, sugar  and chemical based processed foods that fill the supermarkets:  Kraft, General Mills, Kellogs, Nestle, Conagra.  The makers of the food that is making us all sick.  They come up with the gimmicks and marketing terms to fool you into thinking their products are wholesome and natural.  They lobby the government to keep grains, meat and dairy the base of the food pyramid and over half the new nutrition plate. They fund fights like those to prevent GMO labeling and ketchup a vegetable in school lunches. They file the lawsuits against the states trying to improve labeling and food content. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/grocery-manufacturers-association/ 

Many 'healthfood' and big name 'organic' brands are owned by these companies. Don't be fooled into paying more money for bad food.  Big organic isn't the same as what's produced by small local farmers & gardeners.

As a related example of the dangers of big food:  Remember the Mexican swine flu epidemic  that started at a Mexican pig farm?  Well it wasn't a Mexican pig farm.  It was an American corporation owned CAFO factory farm in Mexico where they could get a way with even worse practices than they use in the United States. and pay workers lower wages, of course..

--------------

review: http://www.huffingto..._b_5378198.html

Farmland and Fed Up: Two Documentaries, Two Reactions From Big Food

Edited by alternativista, 11 August 2014 - 10:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users