Update: July 2012:Quick Summary of Key Recommendations for clear acne free & healthy skin:A) Start on the inside:
Alkaline, organic, raw vegan diet, gluten free & wheat free, anti-candida
1. Go raw organic wholefood vegan (no dairy, no meat, no junk food, no or minimum processed food, no bread, no pasta)
2) Have a gluten free diet & anti-candida diet (no wheat, no oats, no rye, no barley, keep sugar to minimum)
3) Eat lots of fresh superfoods raw in fresh salads with fresh lemon juice & organic virgin olive oil (sea salt) like kale, red cabbage, carrots, beetroot, fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro/ coriander, mint etc, avocado, red oinion, cos lettuce etc and nuts/ lentils/ chickpeas etc
4) Eat brown rice, wild black rice or baked potatoes for your main meal with veggies or tempeh or lentil or chickpeas or white beans or mixed nuts etc (Also, you can either make or buy quality tahini & hummus too, and use ample spices & herbs like turmeric, cumin, mint etc )
5) Eat gluten free & wheat free breakfast like amaranth cereal or quinoa with fruits/ nuts and almond milk
6) Eat a handful or two of unsalted mixed nuts daily like brazil, walnut, peanut, almond pistascio etc (make sure you're not allergic to them)
7) Eat a handful or two of mixed seeds daily i.e. sunflower, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds etc
8) Have omega 3 in your diet daily via one or a combination of the following linseeds, 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil, DHA seaweed derived supplements, chia seeds etc
9) Have a tablespoon of chlorophyl, chlorella or teaspoon of spirulina daily
10) ***Take a good vegan B complex vitamin or multivitamin which has B12 (or you can also use nutritional de-activated yeast daily which supplies B12 for vegans)
11) Take 1-3 tablespoons of 100% virgin organic coconut oil daily
in a warm drink like organic cocoa with water or herbal tea like dandelion or chamomile or peppermint etc
12) Drink purified still mineral water only, stay away from toxic tap water
13) Eat lots of fruits & berries daily
14) Eat lots of veggies daily and try juicing daily with superjuices like beetroot/ carrot, apple
15) Eat lots of leafy greens daily like spinach, cos lettuce, flat leafed parsley, mint, cilantro/ coriander etc.
16) For extra boost, you can take a zinc supplement with betacaroteen.
17) Stay away from coffee, tea, soda etc...drink only pure mineral water, fresh juices or herbal teas/ organic cocoa with water etc or green/ whte tea on occasion...
18) You can eat organic, vegan dark chocolate 75-85% cocoa daily...it's packed with iron & magnesium..
19) Stay away from vinegars, processed tomato sauce etc
20) For savory treats, you can have popcorn with sea salt / and or lemon juice or a little curry powder.
21) Do not fry and NEVER use a microwave. Buy a toaster oven if needed or bake in a regular stove.
22) Lightly steam food on occasion if required.23)
23) If you suffer from regular stomach compliants, take good quality peppermint tablets like mintec or take non-dairy probiotic tablets (otherwise, drink peppermint herbal tea often and eat lots of fresh mint in your salads).B) External:
1.Wash your skin only with water, preferably purified water
2. Go for 2-3 days without washing your skin or even longer, this helps heal the skin and return the healthy PH level on the skin's mantle
3. Wash body with pure vegetable soap like sandelwood etc
4. Get a non-toxic, natural vegan shampoo & conditioner (use sea salt too every once in a while too to disinfect & re-mineralize your hair)
5. Use a herbal (fluoride free) toothpaste, brush your teeth morning and before bed...try cleaning inside of cheeks & tongue gently too.
6. Use a natural gentle mouthwash like a few drops of organic wild oregano oil or few drops of **food grade** 3% hydrogen peroxide
7. For moderate/ severe active acne, wash skin gently with sea salt and then apply to wet skin crystal alum (crystal deodorant). This will disinfect the skin, dry the oil, and help heal it. Once the acne is under control after 1-3 months, STOP USING SEASALT WASHES & CRYSTAL ALUM AS IT'S DRYING. YOU NEED TO BE GENTLE WITH YOUR SKIN. DRY SKIN CAUSES SCARRING. So, wash only with water/ purified water once your acne is under control and use LAVENDER OIL as a spot treatment only and only use water to wash your face. If you need a moisterizer, use hyaluronic acid for oily/ young skin or organic virgin 100% coconut oil for dry or more mature/ scarred skin.
8. For skin over 30-35 or severely skin damaged skin, use beautician grade 35% glycolic acid
skin peels every 2 or 4 weeks for a few months and then once every year for maintenence. Neutralize with sodium bicarbonate. Note, this might make you break out the first few times but it will eventually stop. Add hyaluronic acid or vitamin c serum afterwoods (see clearskin website). (NOTE: If you have severest acne, please see a dermatologist for a low TCA grade peel i.e. 5%- 15% ....DO NOT go any higher or you could damage the skin...and don't do this at home....this TCA skin peel is highly corrosive and will damage the skin if applied too long or wrong!!!
9. Place pure vitamin e under eyes daily to minimize wrinkles. Or use 100% virgin organic coconut oil.
10. For acne scarring/ severe red marks, you can try skin rolling. Note this takes up to a year or two to get maxmum results, but it's sure worth it! It's also less risky than laser and builds-up the skin and minimizers wrinkles longterm. Do this hygienically at home (i.e. to clean your roller before and after use, just use use hot water in a clean glass with a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and whisk the roller in it for a few minutes before rinsing in clean water...then allow it to naturally dry on clean tissue paper before applying it to clean dry skin. You can store it in the refrigerator in a clean container). Use it twice weekly for 2 weeks or a month, and then stop for a month or two to heal the skin. Appy vitamin c serum or copper serum (if inflamed with red) after rolling.
11. Only use non-toxic, organic, vegan make-up if required.
12. Fresh lime juice applied directly to skin is exellent for tired or dull skin. It's also good for stopping acne breakouts. It will make your skin GLOW with HEALTH!!!C) Exercise & Sunlight & Good Sleep:
1. Ensure you get regular yet gentle exercise daily for at least 15-45 minutes, like walking or swimming at the beach (stay away from chlorinated pools). Try and get into the fresh air often via a mountain walk, beach walk, park walk...breath deeply. You can also try yoga, dancing etc
2. Sleep in a well ventilated dark cool room. Make sure you get to bed before 9-10pm most nights and up before 7-9am. You should get between 7.5 to 10.5 hours per night. Let your body tell you what you need to feel great.
3. Get lots of direct sunlight DAILY for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour or more without getting burnt. Vitamin D is very important to health.D) Detox:For severe, stubborn acne, you need a major detox. Try one or a combination of these:
1. Clay bath (sacred or bentonite clay etc); clay mask or try edible clay from the health store in a drink for a week or two.
2. Activated charcoal tablets for a week or two.
3. Dandelion leaf & root tea.
4. Colloidal silver (non chemical derived & excellent quality). Take internally as directed for a few weeks and apply topically.
5. Milkthistle tablets as directed for a week or two.
5. Raw vegan super juicing 3 times per day until acne clears (i.e. beetroot/ carrot/ kale/ apple/ berries/ chlorophyll/ spinach/ spirulina) etc.E) Maintain emotional & mental wellbeing & stability
- Get inspired, do a course or activities that help you love yourself and your life!
- Have fun! Watch a comedy or see a standup comedian. Laugh daily
- Get spiritual. Join a church, meditation group etc and get connected to good, kind & caring people.
- Move away or break toxic relationships or habits. Only invite people into your life that make you feel good and inspire you to be a better person.
- Be kind to yourself. If you fall down 7 times, then get up 8 times...
- Have time away to listen to your inner voice and be true to yourself & hopes & joys
- Keep life simple. Be grateful for simple pleasures.
- Be proactive & positive. Create goals...go for them! But be happy whatever the outcome...love life & the journey...
- It's okay to have days when you need to heal & be alone. Nurture yourself. Go to a bookstore and read soul-nurturing books in the park or beach or in bed..
- Listen to uplifting music often.
- DECLUTTER & THROW OUT JUNK. SIMPLIFY & ORGANISE YOUR SPACE. MAKE IT SACRED & HYGIENIC.
- Surround yourself with things you find beautiful and uplifting.
- Try organic gardening or even plant a simple herb garden.
- Take your mind off yourself. Adopt a shelter pet FOR LIFE (if you love animals & are kind & responsible)...you can also volunteer at a shelter or another community group.
- Love yourself. Love your life. Love others. Be happy NOW!!!
Edited by aquasea, 12 July 2012 - 10:03 PM.