makeup

2 replies to this topic

#1 sjlncny

sjlncny

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

So I haven't been on in awhile, but needless to say, I've had acne problems. I'll recap my acne history quickly.

I had extremely mild facial acne through high school, but suffered from moderate back acne which was very frustrating. After finally visiting a dermatologist I was prescribed Differin gel and a topical antibiotic. The antibiotic drove my skin crazy so I stopped using that and just used the Differin. I started tanning as well, against my doctor's orders, but it seemed to help my acne a lot. Within three months my back and face were completely clear of acne.

After high school I started using birth control and was married a short time after that. The birth control kept my acne (both facial and back) to a minimum. At most I would have 2-3 zits a week. However, after 7 years of birth control, I was sick of taking hormones and quit them. The first month I had the most beautiful skin, but it progressively changed and within four months I had severe acne covering both my back and face. I started using Clinique's Acne Solutions line and within two months I was nearly clear. However, it was not meant to last. After about 6 months my skin began to either become immune to the treatments, or I just needed something stronger.

I had pretty much given up hope and was sure that I was just going to have to deal with the acne, but I had just gotten my first professional job and I did not want a face full of acne at 27 years old!

This went on four a couple months and after reading the Acne.org regimen, I decided to try something different. Here is my current routine:

Morning:

Wash with Clinique Mild Facial Soap
Treat with Clinique Acne Solutions Benzoyl Peroxide Lotion (2.5%)
Moisturize with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Night:

Remove makeup with Ponds Cleansing Towels
Wash with Bare Minerals Rare Minerals Renew and Reveal Facial Cleanser
Treat with Clinique Acne Solutions Benzoyl Peroxide Lotion (2.5%)

This had me cleared up almost completely in 2 weeks! I still get the occasional zit but nothing like I was experiencing. I hope this keeps working. If not, I'll ramp up the benzoyl peroxide treatment to 5%.

Let me know if this works for anyone else. My back acne is not improving, so I think I'm going to try 5% BP on my back and start tanning again. Crossing my fingers!

#2 rainsores

rainsores

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

Hey, really pleased this is working for you. I had some really good results with Clinique - especially their anti-blemish range. I literally had clear skin for about 5 months which has never happened before. I really don't mean to dishearten you, but my acne gradually started worming it's way back though, and came back with a vengeance after that sad.gif I really hope it continues to do wonders for you though, I just wanted to give you a heads up. Fingers crossed!

#3 AcneSlayer

AcneSlayer

Live. Laugh. Love.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

boogie.gif hifive.gif wiggle.gif banana.gif cheer.gif eusa_dance.gif

Clinique sucked for me. Glad this is working for you! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users