Photo

Cyst near eye, wake up with swelling

cyst pop

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 bs73

bs73

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

I'm just wondering if this type of swelling is typical or not, my eye itself looks fine, no redness.

I've posted here before but for the life of me cannot remember my username or the email account I used. I've had one cyst before and I posted here and found the forum's advice quite helpful.

I had a cyst/pimple that was getting pretty bad, after using hot compresses for a day it seemed ripe for the popping. I knew I shouldn't but the last time I had one I did it and it relieved the pressure and was completely gone within 48 hours. Also since I'm a guy I guess I'm just not that worried about the scar.

Anyways, not much came out when I popped, only a small whitehead and a little bit of blood. However the next morning I woke up and had some medium swelling under my eye. I used cold compresses, allergy meds, and ibuprofen but to no avail. I woke up today and it seems I'm in the same spot I was in yesterday.

#2 bs73

bs73

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

decided to post a picture

Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by bs73, 18 May 2011 - 09:17 AM.

#3 Lady Odd Duck

Lady Odd Duck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

I've had those before. Keep icing and wait it out. Also if you have some BP, slap that on it, but be very careful not to get it in your eye.

#4 bs73

bs73

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

thanks for the quick response!

when you say to ice it, do you mean the swelling under the eye, the cyst to the side of the eye, or the entire area? Right now I'm just keeping a cold cloth on it, I've tried rubbing an ice cube across the swelling underneath the eye as well.

thanks

#5 Lady Odd Duck

Lady Odd Duck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

Both is fine. Just make sure to don't overdo it or you'll damage the skin.

#6 rocket2010

rocket2010

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

naproxen is also recomended for swelling/redness. keep your head up (Literally and Figuratively)
the swelling might increase while laying down. if it looks the least bit infected get to the doc, you dont want to mess in the eye area.

“Once The Game Is Over, The King And The Pawn Go Back In The Same Box.”

#7 bs73

bs73

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:05 AM

eye was nearly swollen shut this morning

cyst remains looking "ok", but eye swelling continues. Eyeball itself also looks ok.

should I go to a doc or derm?

#8 Lady Odd Duck

Lady Odd Duck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

Sure. If nothing else they can at least let you know for sure what's going on. Maybe they'll even give you a cortisone shot or something else to help with swelling.

#9 bs73

bs73

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

doc said it's an abcsess, gave me anti biotics

#10 melissa6980

melissa6980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

Glad you got the antibiotics. You should be just fine soon. I had a little zit under my eye many years ago, I messed with it and it got bigger and made my eye swell up (not the eyeball, just the skin around it). It did go away by itself after a little while, but if I had to do it all over again, I might have just went to the doc. It was kind of an emotionally traumatic experience for me, especially since I was 18 and had a job serving customers.

#11 bs73

bs73

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

so after two doses of antibiotics I woke up this morning, but on a hot compress, and the cyst/abcess or whatever opened up. I applied some pressure and all sorts of puss and blood came out. I made sure to clean the wound and put oinment on it as well.

The knot still remains, but I'm hoping it will go down soon. Am I on the right track?

Edited by bs73, 20 May 2011 - 09:24 AM.