Photo

How long until I start seeing results?

vitamin vitamins pantothenic pantothenic acid vitamin a vitamin e zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

Hey all,

After doing a lot of research on these boards, I started a regimen of vitamin A, pantothenic acid, zinc, and vitamin E. It's been seven days, and I'm still getting active acne. Usually just one or two new ones every day. (Isn't it the worst feeling in the world when you have hope for a new method and then you feel a new, painful pimple forming? Ugh.)

I don't want to overanalyze the little ups and downs too much, but does anyone know if I should be seeing results immediately, or if I should give it a few more weeks?

Any advice would be lovely.

#2 diareads

diareads

DiaReads

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (MagnoliaMountain @ May 17 2011, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey all,

After doing a lot of research on these boards, I started a regimen of vitamin A, pantothenic acid, zinc, and vitamin E. It's been seven days, and I'm still getting active acne. Usually just one or two new ones every day. (Isn't it the worst feeling in the world when you have hope for a new method and then you feel a new, painful pimple forming? Ugh.)

I don't want to overanalyze the little ups and downs too much, but does anyone know if I should be seeing results immediately, or if I should give it a few more weeks?

Any advice would be lovely.

From what I've read on here some people see results in about 5-8 weeks, when full effects aren't seen up to 4 months. It depends on the person. Also, have you ever thought of taking fish oil or flax oil?

#3 MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for the reply! I had no idea it would take that long to notice an effect. I'll be more patient. smile.gif

I would take fish oil/flax oil, but honestly I'm taking so many different supplements right now that my regimen is already pretty confusing. I'll probably add it in somewhere along the line, though.

#4 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

Vitamins and minerals won't do much for you if you're not also improving other aspects of your life.

Just don't expect miracles to happen if you eat crap and then pop a couple of pills.

#5 Smack'd

Smack'd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:57 AM

I've been taking 50mg of zinc for a month as of this Tuesday coming up, and they've helped my face out a little. In the first week or two I had really bad breakouts, but I don't know if it was from the zinc of my bad dieting. Anyways, about 3-4 weeks you should see some improvements.

Oh, and make sure those things don't contain soy. I wanted to buy some fish oil pills at the supermarket but they all contained soy.

#6 Azaan1691

Azaan1691

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

I guess to add what has been said above, it does take time to show results. The MINIMUM of sufficient healing that should be seen from a combination of these vitamins and supplements is 3-5 weeks. Especially in the cases of Zinc/Vitamin A, B, D, E etc.

Of course those alone will not cure your acne. But Im sure as it has been the case for probably over 75% of people it seems, it can significantly reduce it from being like, say for example: 80% redness/spots/marks around face calmed down to 20-30% or something. Combining the supplement usage with a good healthy diet, a bit of excercise, and I suppose just general wellbeing will help to cure the problem.

^^ After all, what we all fail to recognise is that by combining these disciplines, we're stopping the problem at its SOURCE. As in hitting the issue internally, affecting the bloodstream etc and promoting new, fresh and clean skin regrowth.

#7 lllhhk

lllhhk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

I think 7 days should be enough to see results. Our bodies process the vitamins on a daily basis and if there has been no changes and continuous breakouts, then obviously the vitamins aren't helping.

#8 mei-ling

mei-ling

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (lllhhk @ May 29 2011, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think 7 days should be enough to see results. Our bodies process the vitamins on a daily basis and if there has been no changes and continuous breakouts, then obviously the vitamins aren't helping.

This is really dangerous thinking - what you're implying is if the result isn't immediate, it's not working. THIS IS FALSE, people give up on these treatments WAY too early.

If you're not healing like you'd like to, look at other areas to improve, don't just give up and throw it all out the window. You wouldn't expect a broken arm to heal in a week, why would you think your entire internal system is going to heal that quickly?