Photo

Huge Bump ( with picture)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 khill1968

khill1968

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

Hey guys

Got this huge red bump on my face think its acne. i suppose it is I do get acne and have scars from big spots before but this is way bigger than any spot i ever got before and in a really odd part of my face for acne. Its been this size for days with no yellow head on it or anything.

Im just really shocked by it and dont know

a) if it is defo acne
b) when it will go down

Heres photos below of it - its the bump under my eye on the right!!

Its embarassing it looks like a bruise but its not!

any help would be great

thanks guys

Cathal

Attached Files

#2 asburypark101

asburypark101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

Well first off I have to say that you have great skin!! As far the bump is concerned, it definitely looks like a cyst/nodule due to acne. It also could be a sebaceous cyst, but that is rare considering you history of past acne as you described. I would go to a dermatologist, get a cortisone injection and that thing will shrink down within 24 hours. Good luck!!

#3 Angela1985

Angela1985

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

Hey there,
I'm not quite sure if what you have is acne or not but the best advice I can give you is: DO NOT try to squeeze it or prick it with anything. If a head starts to form just continue leaving it alone and let it heal on it's own. See a dermatologist about what the bump could be. If he/she decides that the bump needs to be extracted then they can do it for you.
Take care and best of luck!

Started Accutane: July 1, 2010
Weeks 1&2: 40mg
Weeks 3&4: 60mg
Month 2: 60mg
Month 3: 60mg
Month 4: 60mg
Month 5: 60mg

My Accutane Log

#4 Ella27

Ella27

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

Looks like a nodule to me! haha I had one in the same area though it was smaller and more red. My best advice would be to not pick at since that area is really sensitive and picking at it will just make it swell. But some BP on it and see if it goes down in the next few days if not consult your derma. Maybe he could give you a cortisone shot. I never got one before but many people on here have so if you have any questions ask them.

Good luck smile.gif

Ella
I wanna find love and I wanna keep it.
I had it once but I didn't mind leaving it.
But I was younger then, and I learned everything alone.
Alone.

Love is an aeroplane. It can travel across the world.
And lift you high above, and still it'll never change.
Love is a gentle word, even when your pride is hurt.
Won't turn you away. Won't bring up yesterday.

Love is, love is, love is everything~

#5 biggs881

biggs881

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

OP is it painful to touch?

I recommend you see a professional.

#6 khill1968

khill1968

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Thanks guys, I had already booked a dermatologist appointment for Wednesday weeks ago for other acne(back) before this popped up so i will see her then, i have even emailed asking for any cancellations to try get earlier.

So i will see what she has to say. Hopefully its nothing too bad and doesnt scar anyway or at least not a big 1 please god . i am applyin differin gel last few days with no change to it. my experience of acne is if it doesnt get a yellow head it shouldnt scar so trying to avoid that i could be wrong on this though. i now will try and rest and wait for dermos advice.

Thanks for all your help in such quick time, appreciate it wink.gif

#7 khill1968

khill1968

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

So indeed it is a cyst, derm put me on anti biotics to bring down swelling. if it works cyst will go under skin again. if it gets worse, bigger and infected, i have to get a cortisone injection which i would hate mainly due to the location near the eye; skin is so tender and sensitive there.

And that way would also leave a scar so hopefully it won't come to that. She was shocked i got it at all so i have to try destress to the max and look after myself better; anymore cysts and she said ill have to go on ro accutane! And i really dont want the hassle of that.

Heres to hopping the cyst goes down and doesnt come back. Please God. Any further advice is of course welcome and would be great. Peace x

#8 AmaraG

AmaraG

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

This doesnt work for everyone but have you tried finding out if you have food allergies?
A lot of people break out from dairy, gluten, nuts ect. For me its too much sugar. If I eat concentrated sugar I break out if I avoid it I stay pretty clear.
Which is a shame as I love chocolate! But, most of the time I avoid it.
just a thought.

#9 Ihavenoface

Ihavenoface

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:24 AM

Hello Khill1968,

Yep, looks like a cyst you have there. It may clear up on its own if this is just one, and you're not breaking out anywhere else, but I would be a little concerned if it is growing, due to its proximity to your eye. I'd recommend you visit the doctor, a topical antibiotic, or a short course of oral antibiotic may get rid of it.

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed that you had visited the derm and got treatment. I really should read the full thread before replying -- apologies, and I hope it heals.

Edited by Ihavenoface, 06 August 2011 - 04:26 AM.

#10 changedmynamefinally

changedmynamefinally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

On another note, your skin is in really good condition apart from that one cyst.