Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has Anyone Heard Of Argan Oil?

6 posts in this topic

Ok- so I was considering botox but got worried about all the side effects... I started doing a lot of research and found Argan Oil... 3 months ago I started using Essence Of Argan and love the product... I have done more research and found out it can be used to treat acne and acne scars as well? Has anyone here tried this with any substantial results? I was thinking of sharing some of my product w/ my Niece...

i love argan oil i use it for my hair and dry skin like elbows heels n knees but never thought to use it for scars.thanks for sharing.btw i love the way it smells.

I don't know, I'm kind of skeptical. I tried finding research about it, but all I could find were articles raving about "miracle oil" without any explanation. It's composition doesn't seem particularly useful for acne treatment...

I also love the smell of argan oil; I use the Shea Terra Organics kind, but you can likely find a much cheaper brand. I use it for frizzy hair and also as a sort of eye serum. I tried it on my skin with a drop of jojoba oil, but I found after a few days of use I get a lot of clogged pores--the stubborn, deep kind.

The tamanu oil that STO sells works much better for me. It fades marks really quickly and doesn't clog. Supposedly has anti-bacterial properties. However, it can stain things and it smells like curry.

Argan oil works best for acne if blended.On its own it can be far too thick and may clog pores.

Use 3 parts hazlenut oil/Jojoba seed oil to one part Argan oil. Mixing in a one ounce bottle is best if you'd also like to use other aromatherapy oils in this mix. I mix 1 part Argan, 3 parts Jojoba with 7 drops tea tree, 4 drops geranium and 4 drops bergamot. The bergamot is phototoxic though, so only use at night. I find Aromatherapy works better then Cindamycin or Differin xp.

Argan oil on its own is a great eye moisturizer.

I love argan oil. I use it for my skin & hair. Different formulations.

I use Josie Maran argan oil for my face and it's wonderful.

Results I've seen:

- increased clarity

- smoothness

- reduced red marks

- faster healing

- less breakouts

- radiance

- very moisturizing

You have to give it time to work as with any other product. Once you get going you will love it.