Has Anyone Heard Of Argan Oil?

5 replies to this topic

#1 kokiri1976

kokiri1976

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

Ok- so I was considering botox but got worried about all the side effects... I started doing a lot of research and found Argan Oil... 3 months ago I started using Essence Of Argan and love the product... I have done more research and found out it can be used to treat acne and acne scars as well? Has anyone here tried this with any substantial results? I was thinking of sharing some of my product w/ my Niece...

#2 labelmelovely

labelmelovely

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

i love argan oil i use it for my hair and dry skin like elbows heels n knees but never thought to use it for scars.thanks for sharing.btw i love the way it smells.

#3 epicdermis

epicdermis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

I don't know, I'm kind of skeptical. I tried finding research about it, but all I could find were articles raving about "miracle oil" without any explanation. It's composition doesn't seem particularly useful for acne treatment...

#4 chamomile_tea

chamomile_tea

I am the conscious clear in pain or ecstasy.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:science, gourmet cooking, human rights, animal rights, logic and reason over patriotism and blind faith, health and fitness, yoga, metaphysics, bath and beauty, scent, sensuality, travel, hiking, off-the-beaten-path adventure, jogging, lifting, reading, writing, wine, gourmet tea, documentaries, film in general.

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

I also love the smell of argan oil; I use the Shea Terra Organics kind, but you can likely find a much cheaper brand. I use it for frizzy hair and also as a sort of eye serum. I tried it on my skin with a drop of jojoba oil, but I found after a few days of use I get a lot of clogged pores--the stubborn, deep kind.

The tamanu oil that STO sells works much better for me. It fades marks really quickly and doesn't clog. Supposedly has anti-bacterial properties. However, it can stain things and it smells like curry.

#5 AlaM

AlaM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

Argan oil works best for acne if blended.On its own it can be far too thick and may clog pores.
Use 3 parts hazlenut oil/Jojoba seed oil to one part Argan oil. Mixing in a one ounce bottle is best if you'd also like to use other aromatherapy oils in this mix. I mix 1 part Argan, 3 parts Jojoba with 7 drops tea tree, 4 drops geranium and 4 drops bergamot. The bergamot is phototoxic though, so only use at night. I find Aromatherapy works better then Cindamycin or Differin xp.

Argan oil on its own is a great eye moisturizer.

#6 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

I love argan oil. I use it for my skin & hair. Different formulations.
I use Josie Maran argan oil for my face and it's wonderful.
Results I've seen:
- increased clarity
- smoothness
- reduced red marks
- faster healing
- less breakouts
- radiance
- very moisturizing

You have to give it time to work as with any other product. Once you get going you will love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users