Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I get bad acne during winter

7 posts in this topic

I have noticed during the past few years that my extremely mild acne gets really bad during the winter. I get these large bumpy zits on my forehead and sometimes around my hairline. I THINK this has to do with the dry weather and the fact that I dont perspire leads to the build up of bacteria and dead skin cells. I still haven't found an answer yet though. Does anybody else suffer from these symptoms during the winter?? How can i prevent this from happening this year? I really need help because its almost fall, and i dont want to live through the cycle again! ph34r.gif

Yeah, it's a pretty common cycle. Some people tend to breakout worse during the summer, but most of us breakout worse following nature's hormonal trend. During the Fall & Winter months and then it starts to get better toward Spring & Summer. If you think about it, when do babies and flowers start to bloom, spring! Yet that couldn't have happened if the birds & the bees weren't "busy" during the winter. All that extra testosterone IS good for something....just not when it causes us to breakout wink.gif

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

I too find summer worse for my skin. BOOO!!!