3 replies to this topic

#1 N.clare

N.clare

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:46 AM

I just wanted to tell everyone about glycolic acid (the do-it-yourself variety).
I bought 30% concentrate from an outlet online - I had it for ages before I used it as I was pretty scared something would go wrong and my face would go scabby or something.

However Im now in my fourth week of using it, and im pretty impressed! Some very light scars have gone completely, some new very deep purplely ones are now a pink colour and the others are all on the way out too!

You dont notice your face actually peeling (like professional peels as its not that strong) but it speeds up the natural shedding of your skin... It continues to work days after you have applied it, (so you dont see an immediate improvement) your skin becomes brighter and more even toned.

Its quite important that you follow the instuctions carefully, and there's not really any point getting a higher strength as you'll get a good effect from 30% and it wont burn your face if left for the appropriate amount of time smile.gif

After 3 weeks there has been a really noticeable improvement to my redmarks. Applying my 5th tonight and looking forward to the next few days smile.gif
Regime...

Morning
Splash face with cold water
Moisturise w/ Kimberly Sayer ultra light day cream SPF 25

Evening
Remove eye make up
wash face with water
Apply Epiduo

#2 bradderz91

bradderz91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

How do you think glycolic acid would work if I'm on the regimen? Any conflict between BP and the acid? Also, how often are you doing the peels?

#3 20feeling15

20feeling15

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

I too have recently started at home glycolic acid peels, and have done 3 applications (my 4th will be tomorrow night). I havnt really seen any improvement, and I think it may actually be breaking me out, but i heard this is not an unusual first reaction. I got mine off ebay and is 50% Glycolic acid with 20% Kojic acid. The directions said that it is water soluable and can be diluted (as recomended at first) with water, moisturizer, etc. which i did about 1:1 with moisturizer and left it on 1 min the first week. The next week I did a little more acid and left it on about 2 min, and did a 3ed one doing the same thing 3 days later because I'm becoming impatient and read on here a lot of others do them 2 times a week.

Did you do them 1 or 2 times per week and did you see any kind of improvment before this past week or was it all of a sudden that you noticed?

#4 N.clare

N.clare

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:38 AM

In response to Bradderz91, I dont use the regimen or any chemicals on my face... I just cleanse at night. because its an acid I would say no dont use it with BP, its not really worth the risk of damaging your skin.

To 20feeling15.... I noticed small changes after the first time (just brightening of my complexion) but after second I could tell the marks were starting to lighten. I continue to notice improvements for a few days after I apply.
So far I have been doing 1 treatment (about) every 5/6 days.
The product Im using is straight Glycolic acid at 30% which I got from an online store bravuralondon.
The instructions are quite simple but you have to follow them right...

Wash face 30mins prior to acid application (so your skin restores to natural ph)
Apply acid directly on to skin using fingers or applicator brush (a pipett was supplied with mine)
Start timing as soon as you start applying (2mins for first application, then steadily increase time if necerssary - but dont exceed 10mins)
Then wash face with water and bicarbonate of soda (which neutralises the acid - very important to do this!)
You must wear SPF during the day while doing these treatments

Hope that helps smile.gif
Regime...

Morning
Splash face with cold water
Moisturise w/ Kimberly Sayer ultra light day cream SPF 25

Evening
Remove eye make up
wash face with water
Apply Epiduo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users