Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Don't Fat People Ever Have Acne?

29 posts in this topic

I remember talking about this on another forum about a year back, and nobody really had a definate answer why this is. Now "obviously", not EVERY overweight person is going to be dawned with a fresh clean face, but lets face it, the majority are pretty clear.

So what's your take on this?

[removed by sigbot--dimensions break rules]

I'm overweight,my face is full of acne.I have seen some overweight people with acne too.I don't know,I guess those certain overweight people got lucky in the skin department?Hmm.Well,if you have any proof or observations...

overweight ppl get acne too, overweight ppl are ppl just like everyone else therefore they can also get acne

Actually, the overweight people I know have nice skin and hair too. That's not saying all overweight people do...but I do see what you mean.

I aint ever seen an overweight/obese person ever have acne. I've only ever seen them with clear, normal looking skin. I'm not saying its like that for every overweight/obese person alive but the majority of them have great skin. And thats a fact.

I don't get why most of them don't get acne either. As far as I know, bad diets are to blame for our acne. Cos a lot of overweight/obese people are the way they are cos of their bad diets. Which means that they eat unhealthy foods or simply eat too much of it. The kinds of food I'm talking about is fast food and junk food which I'm sure most obese people eat far more than most normal sized people do who happen to have acne. So if fast food and junk food trigger acne, then why dont obese people have severe, crazy acne? I mean what the hells the deal with that? Become obese and your cured of acne? Its doesn't make one bit of sense! If anything, eating more unhealthy/fatty foods will overload your skin with sebum and make it very, very oily leading to acne. At least thats the theory?

If anyone can try to explain to me how obese/overweight people manage to get away with eating mountains of junk food and still have great skin, then I'd like to know!

Hey, here's a thought.. Maybe the ppl who are overweight AND have acne stay in more so we don't see them as much.. Like someone else said on another thread, you see more overweight people out but you don't really see people with bad acne out as often.. So I'm thinking just ppl with acne in general(whether they be fat or skinny, short or tall) just don't show their face as often so that's why we don't see the overweight ppl WITH acne.. I hope I'm making sense..

dump this dumb ass fucking thread. honestly.

Oh oh now baby, tell me how have you been

We all have missed you, and the way you grin

The day is necessary, every now and then

For souls to move on, givin' life back again, and again

Fly on fly on, fly on my friend

Go on, live again, love again

dump this dumb ass fucking thread. honestly.

oh yea, i know. i'm tyring to stop it before it gets to a point where i want to gouge out my eye balls.

Hey, here's a thought.. Maybe the ppl who are overweight AND have acne stay in more so we don't see them as much.. Like someone else said on another thread, you see more overweight people out but you don't really see people with bad acne out as often.. So I'm thinking just ppl with acne in general(whether they be fat or skinny, short or tall) just don't show their face as often so that's why we don't see the overweight ppl WITH acne.. I hope I'm making sense..

oh yea, i know. i'm tyring to stop it before it gets to a point where i want to gouge out my eye balls.

[removed by sigbot--dimensions break rules]

What a horribly sweeping generalisation this is.

Hey, here's a thought.. Maybe the ppl who are overweight AND have acne stay in more so we don't see them as much.. Like someone else said on another thread, you see more overweight people out but you don't really see people with bad acne out as often.. So I'm thinking just ppl with acne in general(whether they be fat or skinny, short or tall) just don't show their face as often so that's why we don't see the overweight ppl WITH acne..  I hope I'm making sense..

I'm guessing that overweight people with acne have places to go on weekdays aswell. Like a job, go to work, go to the shops? You know the normal things. So that can't explain it.

Dont reply to my thread if you can't take the pain, now please leave and dont reply to this message

Bye

Anecdotally - I have noticed a correlation between acne and slimness as well. Many of the women who have both acne and weight issues fall into the Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome group - which is a slightly separate group. Also...let's try not to get into put-downs about weight...uncool and unecessary.

Anyhoo, I can't see why this topic should be dumped and I can't see why people can't discuss their observations and theories - but this is not the right forum for it. Actually I am not sure what the right forum is bb_eusa_think.gif ...but I'll put it in the acne and diet forum.

i also have not seen many overweight people with acne... i wonder why that is.

my guess is that becoming overweight will not improve acne, but there may be some underlying factors at play.

i learned in a genetics class that some genes can be linked. so maybe people who have a genetic predisposition to being overweight will also have genes that help them avoid getting acne.

surely, the top acne researchers have thought about this and they can probably review hundreds of studies to deterimine if there really is a trend. if there is a trend, then it would just be a matter of determining which genes to look for and finding out if they are linked.

Theres the answer! Lets all get FAT!

Seriously though, acne is one of those things that is not all caused by one thing.

bad diet does not mean you will be fat (i eat crap and I'm skinny)

Being Fat does not mean you have a bad diet (for some its genetics)

a good diet and exercise might help reduce acne in some people but is not a cure

you can't just look at one thing

Huh? I have seen plenty of overweight people with acne.

The only difference is that really lean people are more prone to scarring, since having a larger layer of lipids on the skin helps improve healing.

before you judge me take a look at you

can't you find something better to do

point the finger, slow to understand

arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

maybe the excess sugar and fat manifests itself in obesity instead of a pimple....which is why junky food even in small amounts can cause a very slender person to break out but on the same token even small amounts of bad foods can cause a person predisposed to fat to easily get fat.....Also, people are born with limited numbers of fat cells I think so maybe lean people, the fat literally has NO place to go...so the body will pimp out the oil? i don't know but I'm very slender and regular height and my body looks toned and thletic but I NEVER exercise and NEVER diet...I've had overweight people look at me proabbly the same way I look at very clear skinned people..

watching the olympics, those athletes have such nice skin most liekly cause they eat health and balanced!!

The warmth of the sun reminds her of the day-she remembers the day when things were going her way-only memories remain-of the way she used to be-She stays home every night and exaggerates her past..all the old photographs were never thrown away-what made her cry-she'll never go back again-the way she used to be

Oh, I ve seen overweight people with bad skin so differnt causes for different people

The warmth of the sun reminds her of the day-she remembers the day when things were going her way-only memories remain-of the way she used to be-She stays home every night and exaggerates her past..all the old photographs were never thrown away-what made her cry-she'll never go back again-the way she used to be

This is just a guess. It is believed that some people have a genetic predispostion to be overweight. That is, their bodies are very efficient at converting carbohydrates to fat and sequestering it in fat cells. That process may be so efficient that little of the fat is secreted as sebum.

people with acne generally(/almost always actually) have above average levels of testosterone. higher testosterone=less body fat, more lean muscle mass. fat folks have much higher levels of estradiol, and estrogens lend themselves towards decreased sebum production. and i could be wrong, but i think having a thicker layer of subcutaneous fat might lower the amount of glucose that makes it to the skin, hence less food for bacteria... ...but anyway i see fat people with acne all the time, so whatever.

people with acne generally(/almost always actually) have above average levels of testosterone.  higher testosterone=less body fat, more lean muscle mass.  fat folks have much higher levels of estradiol, and estrogens lend themselves towards decreased sebum production.  and i could be wrong, but i think having a thicker layer of subcutaneous fat might lower the amount of glucose that makes it to the skin, hence less food for bacteria...  ...but anyway i see fat people with acne all the time, so whatever.

before you judge me take a look at you

can't you find something better to do

point the finger, slow to understand

arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

THE ANSWER IS OVERWEIGHT PEOPLE DO NOT STRESS ABOUT LIFE.

THEY GO ABOUT HAPPILY EATING AND ENJOYING.

THIN PEOPLE WORRY AND STRESS MORE SO THEIR BODY TEMPERATURE/HEAT INCREASES. HORMONIAL CHANGES ARE SIMULTANEOUSLY TRIGGERED.

IF YOU ARE A SKINNY PERSON AND ALWAYS RELAXED YOU ARE MOST LIKELY NOT TO HAVE ACNE

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]