6584 replies to this topic

#6581 Koreofmyth

Koreofmyth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:meditation, asmr, personality archetypes, fasting

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:59 PM

Apparently I have gallstones. I truly believe that accutane triggered a predisposition since everyone on my dad's side has had their gallbladder removed. I eat extremely healthy, although low carb and high fat (olive and coconut oil). 
Everyone is telling me to get my gallbladder removed but I've lost all trust in what doctors and my parents tell me to do. 

Can someone please tell me bluntly whether or not it would be a wise choice to get it removed?

#6582 macleod

macleod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:22 AM

Well, when it comes to things like organs, that have been studied for hundreds of years, I think its best to listen to medical doctors. Accutane definitely predisposes us to many diseases we would of gotten in the future and goes after our susceptibilities and weaknesses. What the doctors can't see is how our cellular proliferation is so slowed. And how our white blood cells are so active and in a constant 'itis' mode. This is what scares me the MOST about ever having surgery or getting into a bad accident. Our plasticity is shot.

It really is interesting to watch my father eat things daily that would definitely cause MY pancreas to have another Acute Pancreatitis attack. I hear his indigestion, I know his pancreas is struggling at his age (60) to process the food, yet after a good nights rest, his cells are able to regenerate. Whereas I would need a week of diet and fasting after a meal like that to prevent strain on my weak organs. And it never used to be like that.

If I were to get a paper cut right now, at the same time as a 65 year old man, I am 80% confident his paper cut would heal faster than mine. And it shouldn't be like that. I'm not anemic. Or diabetic. I'm just Accutained.

As far as your question Kore, Isn't there a chemical method of dissolving those stones? Any other less intrusive way?

#6583 Koreofmyth

Koreofmyth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:meditation, asmr, personality archetypes, fasting

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:09 AM

Well, when it comes to things like organs, that have been studied for hundreds of years, I think its best to listen to medical doctors. Accutane definitely predisposes us to many diseases we would of gotten in the future and goes after our susceptibilities and weaknesses. What the doctors can't see is how our cellular proliferation is so slowed. And how our white blood cells are so active and in a constant 'itis' mode. This is what scares me the MOST about ever having surgery or getting into a bad accident. Our plasticity is shot.

It really is interesting to watch my father eat things daily that would definitely cause MY pancreas to have another Acute Pancreatitis attack. I hear his indigestion, I know his pancreas is struggling at his age (60) to process the food, yet after a good nights rest, his cells are able to regenerate. Whereas I would need a week of diet and fasting after a meal like that to prevent strain on my weak organs. And it never used to be like that.

If I were to get a paper cut right now, at the same time as a 65 year old man, I am 80% confident his paper cut would heal faster than mine. And it shouldn't be like that. I'm not anemic. Or diabetic. I'm just Accutained.

As far as your question Kore, Isn't there a chemical method of dissolving those stones? Any other less intrusive way?

My GP and Gastrointestinal doctor said there were no other effective alternatives when I asked. They told me that dissolving the stones involved dangerous chemicals and that they were not willing to take the risk. I don't have the energy to seek out more doctors. I might try the herbal route first, combined with malic acid and long water fasts. 

I'm terrified about what my future might hold as my genetics are not in my favor at all.

#6584 macleod

macleod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:45 PM

Hey man, if it's any consolation, I had a family member who had their gallbladder removed, and it is quite a routine thing nowadays. This is just another hurdle of many that you will overcome. I think there are ways you can speed up recovery by 1 or 2% by not using the pain meds regularly and maybe hyperbaric oxygen therapy after the surgery. You've already got nutrition and supplements figured out and in your favor. As for the future, yeah, we're in the same boat. :dan:

Edited by macleod, 30 April 2015 - 02:40 PM.

#6585 Lucas89

Lucas89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Today, 11:25 AM

People on this forum say that low does Accutane (10-20 MG) is safe. Is it safer than the high doses you all took?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users