5789 replies to this topic

#5781 tryingtohelp2014

tryingtohelp2014

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:33 PM

Accutane = ROS 

manganese ---> choline ----> acetylcholine ----> ROS detoxification by way of SOD1 &SOD2

and then this study comes out a few weeks ago....  

Acetylcholine Promotes ROS Detoxification Against Hypoxia/reoxygenation-Induced Oxidative Stress Through FoxO3a/PGC-1α Dependent Superoxide Dismutase.

Abstract

Background/Aims: Acetylcholine (ACh) is known to modulate the cardiac redox environment and thereby suppress reactive oxygen species (ROS) generation during oxidative stress. However, there is little information about its regulation on ROS clearance. Here we investigate the beneficial effects of ACh on superoxide dismutase (SOD) as key ROS-detoxifying enzyme system in cultured rat cardiomyoblasts. Methods: H9c2 cells were subjected to hypoxia/reoxygenation (H/R) to mimic oxidative stress. Western blot was used to detect the expression of SOD and related signaling molecules. Specific protein knockdown was performed with siRNA transfection. Results: ACh treatment on the beginning of reoxygenation decreased ROS and apoptosis. ACh increased ATP synthesis and mitochondrial DNA. Furthermore, ACh significantly reversed H/R-induced reduction in protein expressions and activities of SOD. ACh stimulated peroxisome proliferator activated receptor γ co-activator 1α (PGC-1α) and decreased forkhead box subfamily O3a (FoxO3a) phosphorylation. Atropine (muscarinic receptor antagonist) abolished the cytoprotection afforded by ACh. PGC-1α siRNA blocked ACh-induced invigorating effects on SOD2, whereas it did not alter SOD1 and FoxO3a phosphorylation. FoxOSa siRNA drastically decreased the expressions of SOD2 and PGC-1α, while it did not affect SOD1. Conclusion: ACh activates SOD2 within mitochondria through FoxO3a/PGC-1α pathway and up-regulates SOD1 in the cytoplasm, thus protecting against oxidative injury induced by H/R. Our findings provide new insights into mechanisms underlying the cardioprotection of ACh on ROS detoxifying. © 2014 S. Karger AG, Basel.

Mn and B1 produce ACh

SOD2 is mnSOD    so Choline--->acetylcholine activates mnSOD in the mitochondria to detoxify at the cellular level!

mnSOD is directly influened by the amount of manganese consumed.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/1550052

Edited by tryingtohelp2014, Yesterday, 12:53 AM.

#5782 Modeaa

Modeaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

at the macro we have hypo dna methylation ? chemotherapy drug. it stops cancer like this i think

we lost methyl groups and cannot methylate.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11880556 ''vitamin A, like its retinoic acid derivatives, can induce enzymatically active GNMT; and 2) inappropriate induction of GNMT can lead to a biologically important loss of methyl groups and the subsequent impairment of essential transmethylation processes''

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/25061561

''Methyl-donor supplementation in obese mice prevents ....''

what are those methyl donors that we lost made of and how we can restore them? or supp?

and i'm not sure if i remember correctly but hypomethylation contrary to how it sounds means more gene expresion.(not sure) so that means that our body maybe going full gass  till it has no gas i guess. so it might speed up our aging if we give it the gass to run, sound scary, that means when the body run out of gass aging slows down(tumors chemo drug) but if it will be given the gass it needs it will make us old. and not given the gass kipp us freaky young but old like. which might mean it is better to leave things as they are.(hypomethylation with no gass means no hypomethylation just an ateempt too which is little occur when it have gass) just my stupid theroy hope it's untrue

edit: on another thinking maybe it is just hypo of the system that take care of the drug which consume the sources,the body always try to cope with the drug  and the rest of the body dont have sources to live and thrive(so the tumor). so the body wont age faster if we give the gass, it will be damaged if we wont. it does. in a process that can be consider as aging too.

edit2: i realy might been sying nonsense here. realy want to find the answer to this drug

Edited by Modeaa, 26 November 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#5783 Modeaa

Modeaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:51 PM

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/2175753

if somoene can get something out of it. i only get that something name catalase is importent and might be importent to support along with SOD in order to avoid damage.

Edited by Modeaa, 26 November 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#5784 tryingtohelp2014

tryingtohelp2014

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11880556 ''vitamin A, like its retinoic acid derivatives, can induce enzymatically active GNMT; and 2) inappropriate induction of GNMT can lead to a biologically important loss of methyl groups and the subsequent impairment of essential transmethylation processes''

I dont know, this  study is basically a smoking gun to me... and points to a possible treatment/cure.  everyone asking ...what does methylation have to do with accutane??  well there it is!  its in black and white.  fix the things that accutane has been proven to cause a deficiency in.   kind of excited.

we need to take everything that restarts/supports this process.

probiotic  helps assimilate and produce b vitamins

Methylation process:

b1

b2

biotin                           

methylfolate

methylb12

choline (methyl donor)

TMG    (methyl donor)

MN (for mnSOD and needed for B vitamin  activation and storage)

molybdenum (sufite to sulfate)

Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002 May 1;401(1):73-80.

Activation and induction of glycine N-methyltransferase by retinoids are tissue- and gender-specific.

Abstract

Glycine N-methyltransferase (GNMT) is a key protein in the liver that functions to regulate S-adenosylmethionine (SAM) and the SAM/S-adenosylhomocysteine ratio. Significant GNMT expression is also present in the kidney and pancreas. Inappropriate regulation of GNMT may have negative consequences on methyl group and folate metabolism. We have demonstrated that retinoid compounds significantly elevated hepatic GNMT activity and abundance (approximately 2-fold) in male rats. However, pancreatic GNMT activity and abundance were not altered by retinoid treatment. Likewise, retinoid administration was without effect on renal GNMT activity. Hepatic GNMT activity was also elevated in female rats treated with all-trans-retinoic acid, but to a lesser extent compared to males. Collectively, these results indicate that the modulation of methyl group metabolism by retinoids is tissue- and gender-specific, and may compromise the availability of methyl groups for SAM-dependent transmethylation reactions. In support of this, SAM-dependent synthesis of creatinine was significantly reduced 21% following all-trans-retinoic acid treatment.

© 2002 Elsevier Science (USA).

PMID:

[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Edited by tryingtohelp2014, Yesterday, 12:00 AM.

#5785 timatron

timatron

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:28 PM

Hey I got my 23andme results yesterday. So its official, I'm about 99% European, which is awesome.

But can anyone tell me how I get my health results, as they dont do that anymore? I remember reading ages ago that there is another website where I put my genetic data and and voila it will tell me my genes. Is that correct?

I had an MRI on my brain done a few weeks ago. Everything was a ok.

I had a $140 salivary cortisol test done which showed elevated cortisol. Instead of going down throughout the day, mine was going up! Amazing. I've been takin relora and feeling much better.

I also had a $400 organic acids test done. Most things there were good. Methylation, neurotransmitters all that were good. I was extremely low in sulfate though which said chronic low glutathione levels. Also elevated suberate levels which means my body is burning fatty acids outside the cells instead of in them? How does that work I do not know. And also a few mitochondrial hiccups which meant low energy levels. I'm waiting for all the necessary supplements to arrive from iherb so I can try them out. Carnitine and NAC and a few others.

Cheers

Edited by timatron, 26 November 2014 - 09:33 PM.

#5786 volcom3453

volcom3453

here to help

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:2014: natural and holistic health, spirituality, creativity, nature

2008: art, design, sports, music

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:22 PM

Hey I got my 23andme results yesterday. So its official, I'm about 99% European, which is awesome.

But can anyone tell me how I get my health results, as they dont do that anymore? I remember reading ages ago that there is another website where I put my genetic data and and voila it will tell me my genes. Is that correct?

I had a $140 salivary cortisol test done which showed elevated cortisol. Instead of going down throughout the day, mine was going up! Amazing. I've been takin relora and feeling much better.

I also had a $400 organic acids test done. Most things there were good. Methylation, neurotransmitters all that were good. I was extremely low in sulfate though which said chronic low glutathione levels. Also elevated suberate levels which means my body is burning fatty acids outside the cells instead of in them? How does that work I do not know. And also a few mitochondrial hiccups which meant low energy levels. I'm waiting for all the necessary supplements to arrive from iherb so I can try them out. Carnitine and NAC and a few others.

Cheers

My cortisol levels revealed the same thing for my adrenals.  For a while I was taking Adrenal support and I'm now starting another.  I think it helped maintain better energy levels.  My sleep schedule is messed up too though, admittedly.  Will you be supplementing glutathione?

This whole methylation talk is quite interesting.

Back in 2014 in hopes of learning and helping others restore their damage caused by Accutane.

Officially done with Accutane as of 01/05/10

#5787 Walden Rev

Walden Rev

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 05:34 AM

Cheers

Hee, long time lurker.

Got symptons like the most of you. Fixed most due time or supps. Now left with slow healing rate and joint aches. Also very fast allergies. I think my immune system is broken and I'm hoping for Kefir + Colostrum to heal that ( and a good diet ofcoure ).

Tryingtohelp2014   just explained in a post on this page that Molybdenum converts to Sulfate. So lets give that a try. 

I was ordering Molybdenum already because it is used as a anti die-off candida remedy. I think I have a overgrowth of Candida also.

I'm combatting the candida with

Thorne SF722 which has 10-undecenic-acid in it. This is believe the best anti Candida fungal there is.

Molybdenum

Dandelion for liver support.

Kefir for the pro-biotics. Has anyone had good experience with Kefir already ? I have very high hopes for Kefir.

This I will buy for the Protocol

Manganese 15 Mg.

Thorne Basic B-Complex <--- Do you think this is too high ?

CHoline + Inositol

TMG

Biotin

So the missing link in all the protocols should be Manganese. Because except for Manganese all these supplements are heavily tested by the forum.

Lets give it a try.

#5788 tryingtohelp2014

tryingtohelp2014

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 07:56 AM

Cheers

Hee, long time lurker.

Got symptons like the most of you. Fixed most due time or supps. Now left with slow healing rate and joint aches. Also very fast allergies. I think my immune system is broken and I'm hoping for Kefir + Colostrum to heal that ( and a good diet ofcoure ).

Tryingtohelp2014   just explained in a post on this page that Molybdenum converts to Sulfate. So lets give that a try. 

I was ordering Molybdenum already because it is used as a anti die-off candida remedy. I think I have a overgrowth of Candida also.

I'm combatting the candida with

Thorne SF722 which has 10-undecenic-acid in it. This is believe the best anti Candida fungal there is.

Molybdenum

Dandelion for liver support.

Kefir for the pro-biotics. Has anyone had good experience with Kefir already ? I have very high hopes for Kefir.

This I will buy for the Protocol

Manganese 15 Mg.

Thorne Basic B-Complex <--- Do you think this is too high ?

CHoline + Inositol

TMG

Biotin

So the missing link in all the protocols should be Manganese. Because except for Manganese all these supplements are heavily tested by the forum.

Lets give it a try.

Thorne SF722 

Has bacillus coagulans as the main strain?  ive been reading about this one as well besides L Plantarum.  guess what mineral they both need to spread in a dish?  manganese!   http://www.himedialabs.com/TD/M931.pdf

i didnt find the kefir drinks as potent as when i took the NOW 25 10 strain pills.  this totally knocked out my stomach issues.

make sure you dont get the cheap Choline salt.  

b complex is not as good as individual dosing 

ramp up to 15mg of manganese slowly.  start with 5 and eat manganese rich foods.  must be taken on empty stomach ...away from other foods or supplements.

Edited by tryingtohelp2014, Yesterday, 08:02 AM.

#5789 Walden Rev

Walden Rev

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 09:02 AM

Thorne SF722 = Pure for anti-candida. No pro-biotics in it.

Cougulans <---- Haven't found this one in combination with others. It is said that this one reaches all the way trough the intestines

I think I go with these pro-biotics

Did you make Kefir your own ?

So what is your current time-line with Manganese supplementing ?

Edited by Walden Rev, Yesterday, 09:03 AM.

#5790 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Today, 03:42 PM

What is a less dangerous way of getting rid of acne - getting a a sex change or taking Accutane?

@TemperateCent ; . The reason you still have acne is because you deserve it. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users