vitamin d vitamin a vitamin e biotin garlic milk thistle depression

5158 replies to this topic

#5141 Ottovisual

Ottovisual

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

Here are some links people should go through.

http://www.collectiv...an-cure-cancer/

http://www.cannabisc...s_treatment.htm

#5142 Crank92

Crank92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Took (Ro)Accutane. 10 days 20mg once per day in October 2012 (200mg total). Sides - Severe emotional blunting, Severe fatigue, IBS, Sexual Dysfunction, Genital numbness.

I've recovered fully I believe from the emotional blunting and fatigue. The gastric issues are continuing to improve with the SCD diet. The sexual dysfunction and associated ED is improved with cannabis therapy. The genital numbness persists, for now.

If you would like my research documents on Accutanes link to sexual dysfunction/ED and/or how cannabis could be beneficial PM me your email address. The former document is very handy for convincing douchebag Dr's your sides are legitimate.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'll draw the ire of those uninterested in the whole cannabis thing yet again. But I've got to point out that there is more evidence for this being beneficial than anything else I've seen. 

I'm not neglecting a change in diet, but for some cannabis alone seems to hold a large degree of therapeutic benefit.

Actually read the below, don't just scroll through and post "Bullsh*t".

Is Cannabis the Antidote for Accutane?

Introduction

My limited understanding of how isotretinoin (Accutane) functions has allowed me to hypothesise that it causes ED/Sexual Dysfunction via a multi-faceted approach. This includes structural brain changes, 5-alpha reductase type I inhibition and the lasting effects explained through its epigenetic effects as explained in my other research document.

I have found individuals who took isotretinoin  as far back as the 80’s when it was first released as an acne treatment who still suffer persistent ED/sexual dysfunction to this day. However, I have also found a small group of individuals scattered throughout the forums online who seemed to recover after suffering for a long time. I questioned them thoroughly, enquiring into their lifestyle, diet, medication history, exercise habits, recreational drug habits, etc. etc. The ONLY similarity between them all was a copious consumption of the popular illicit recreational drug cannabis. I found this intriguing and as such read if cannabinoids could affect human physiology in a counteractive way compared to isotretinoin. What I found is suggestive that it may in fact have some very positive effects.

Cannabinoids & Neurogenesis

Shohami, E., CohenYeshurun, A., Magid, L., Algali, M., & Mechoulam, R. (2011). Endocannabinoids and traumatic brain injury. British journal of pharmacology163(7), 1402-1410.

·       There is a large body of evidence showing that the endocannabinoid (eCB) system are markedly increased in response to pathogenic events. This fact, as well as numerous studies on experimental models of brain toxicity, neuroinflammation and trauma supports the notion that the eCB are part of the brain's compensatory or repair mechanisms

·       This review is focused on the role the eCB system plays as a self-neuroprotective mechanism and its potential as a basis for the development of novel therapeutic modality for the treatment of CNS pathologies.

Steiner, M. A., & Wotjak, C. T. (2008). Role of the endocannabinoid system in regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis. Progress in brain research170, 397-432.

·       The endocannabinoid system has been recognized as a major neuromodulatory system, which functions to maintain brain homoeostasis. 

Rubio-Araiz, A., Arévalo-Martín, Á., Gómez-Torres, O., Navarro-Galve, B., García-Ovejero, D., Suetterlin, P., ... & Molina-Holgado, F. (2008). The endocannabinoid system modulates a transient TNF pathway that induces neural stem cell proliferation. Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience38(3), 374-380.

·       Found that CB1 or CB2 agonists induce neural stem cell (NSC) proliferation coupled to a significant increase in both TACE/ADAM 17 and TNF-α levels. Overall these data suggest a novel mode of action for the endocannabinoid system in NSC proliferation that is coupled to TNF signalling and that may be of therapeutic interest in the emerging field of brain repair.

Gowran, A., Noonan, J., & Campbell, V. A. (2011). The multiplicity of action of cannabinoids: implications for treating neurodegeneration. CNS neuroscience & therapeutics17(6), 637-644.

·       The CB system is emerging as a key regulator of neuronal cell fate and is capable of conferring neuroprotection by the direct engagement of prosurvival pathways and the control of neurogenesis.

·       treatment of certain neurological diseases that feature a neurodegenerative component.

Kim, S. H., Won, S. J., Mao, X. O., Ledent, C., Jin, K., & Greenberg, D. A. (2006). Role for neuronal nitric-oxide synthase in cannabinoid-induced neurogenesis. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics319(1), 150-154.

·       Cannabinoids also stimulate neurogenesis in the adult brain through activation of CB1R.

Fernández-López, D., Lizasoain, I., Moro, M. Á., & Martínez-Orgado, J. (2013). Cannabinoids: Well-Suited Candidates for the Treatment of Perinatal Brain Injury. Brain Sciences3(3), 1043-1059.

·       The modulation of the endocannabinoid system has proven to be an effective neuroprotective strategy to prevent and reduce neonatal brain injury in different animal models and species. Also, the beneficial role of the endocannabinoid system on the control of the endogenous repairing responses (neurogenesis and white matter restoration) to neonatal brain injury has been described in independent studies.

Oudin, M. J., Hobbs, C., & Doherty, P. (2011). DAGLdependent endocannabinoid signalling: roles in axonal pathfinding, synaptic plasticity and adult neurogenesis. European Journal of Neuroscience34(10), 1634-1646.

·       control of adult neurogenesis in the hippocampus and subventricular zone.

Cannabinoids, 5-Alpha Reductase & Sex Hormones

PUROHIT, V., SINGH, H. H., & AHLUWALIA, B. S. (1979). Evidence that the effects of methadone and marihuana on male reproductive organs are mediated at different sites in rats. Biology of reproduction20(5), 1039-1044.

·       The results of the study show that methadone, Δ9-THC, or CBN treatment significantly decreased (P<0.01) testosterone and DHT.

Grobin, A. C., VanDoren, M. J., Porrino, L. J., & Morrow, A. L. (2005). Cortical 3α-hydroxy-5α-pregnan-20-one levels after acute administration of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol, cocaine and morphine. Psychopharmacology179(3), 544-550.

·       Δ9-THC (5 mg/kg, IP) elevated cortical allopregnanolone levels to pharmacologically active levels

·       Allopregnanolone is a product of 5-alpha reductase

Epigenetics

Epigenetic control of neurogenesis by the brain endocannabinoid system: Involvement of mitogen-activated protein kinases - Francisco Molina-Holgado1, Pranali Pose1, Catherine Kollikho1, Daniel Garcia-Ovejero2, Uyen Le2, Eduardo Molina-Holgado2. 1Department of Life Sciences, University of Roehampton, London SW15 4JD, UK, 2Laboratory of Neuroinflammation, Unidad de Neurologia Experimental, Hospital Nacional de Parapléjicos, 45071 Toledo, Spain

·       Emerging evidence suggests that cannabinoid signaling regulates gene expression by inducing epigenetic modification such as DNA methylation or histone modification in the regulation of a range of neurobiological processes in the brain, including CNS development, learning, memory and neurodegeneration associated with ageing.

·       These studies therefore indicate a novel mode of epigenetic modification for the endocannabinoid system in neurogenesis that may be of therapeutic interest in the emerging field of brain repair.

D'Addario, C., Di Francesco, A., Pucci, M., Finazzi Agrò, A., & Maccarrone, M. (2013). Epigenetic mechanisms and endocannabinoid signalling. FEBS Journal,280(9), 1905-1917.

·       The endocannabinoid system, composed of endogenous lipids, their target receptors and metabolic enzymes, has been implicated in multiple biological functions in health and disease, both in the central nervous system and in peripheral organs.

·       Possibility of an 'epigenetic therapy' that could possibly be applied also to endocannabinoids

Conclusion

I myself have found that ‘vapourising’ cannabis on a regular basis to greatly improve my symptoms alongside a few others at this moment in time. At my worst I was almost completely impotent with drastically reduced sensitivity of the penile tissue and no libido. Within a week of vapourising my libido was enhanced to close to pre-isotretinoin levels and my erectile capacity also largely improved. However, as of yet no large improvements in sensitivity have occurred.

An interesting factor and it is why I included the study that showed decreased T & DHT is that while I’m ‘high’ it is like I’m right back at square one. No libido, impotence and for whatever reason almost complete lack of a cremastic reflex (which was also reduced after isotretinoin treatment). I seem to experience a ‘rebound effect’ the next day that last for a couple of weeks once the high sensation wears off.

So far I can only hypothesise how this works, but I believe there to be a 2-part process. A fast and slow process. The fast process is a simple ‘rebound’ from the lowered T & DHT which I presume causes a short term up-regulation in sensitivity of 5AR and other androgen receptors. The slow process involves a gradual epigenetic shift back to baseline as opposed to the epigenetic anomalies that isotretinoin may induce.

#5143 MrErdem

MrErdem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

My dr says I have prostatitis. He prescribed me antibiotics and alphablocker. Should I use it? There is no pain in that area but other sympthons are common with prostatitis. Pills again :(

Please guys, give me some feedback. Do you have prostate problems (difficulty to urinate or frequent urination) as well?
I am about to get prostatitis treatment with antibiotics and I dont want to be missdiagnosed.
I have no pain during pee, but low steam, difficulty in urinate and sometimes frequent urination. Do you have the same?

#5144 pathtorecovery91

pathtorecovery91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

My dr says I have prostatitis. He prescribed me antibiotics and alphablocker. Should I use it? There is no pain in that area but other sympthons are common with prostatitis. Pills again sad.png

Please guys, give me some feedback. Do you have prostate problems (difficulty to urinate or frequent urination) as well?
I am about to get prostatitis treatment with antibiotics and I dont want to be missdiagnosed.
I have no pain during pee, but low steam, difficulty in urinate and sometimes frequent urination. Do you have the same?

Hey, I actually have the same problem. I believe it has to do with my prostate because I know prostate problems run in my family. The past few months or so I found it takes like a few seconds or more before I urinate. I don't feel the build up like I used to and the flow isn't that strong anymore. It doesn't hurt to pee or anything but I just don't feel the build up or have a strong stream. Also I don't have frequent urination, just takes a while before it comes out like I said. I was supposed to go to the urologist today but rescheduled it for next monday. I am concerned about having to go on drugs if I have an enlarged prostate because I know that the doc would prescribe me some if somethings wrong but really wouldn't want to take it. In a way though if I do have something wrong with my prostate(which I likely do due to my urination problems), maybe it is the cause of my ED, but also maybe not.

I wouldn't mind taking antibiotics but wouldn't want to take a drug for it.

I'll see what he says when I go and see what's wrong. I'll update when after next monday on what he said and what he chooses to do.

#5145 anonyy

anonyy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

Cannabis can only do slight positive effect, but can be highly damaging too (experienced it, still regret it). And anyway it won't help for libido, it is a adrenal suppressant which are what control libido. Nothing external will correct epigenetic (everything affect it, nutrients, toxins, mood, ..), even less something highly specific like 13 cis retinoic acid, only cleaning the lymph & the interstitial fluid will permit the body to restore normal function by itself, nothing exterior will. Cannabis suppress the nervous system, which is already suppressed if you took accutane, it will only mask some symptoms nothing else.

#5146 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

Anonyy yes but for people suffering from depression induced by the brain changes of the isotretinoin drug   then Cannabis maybe be a viable option . Cannabis is truly a cure all for many ailments , kids / adults with seizures

for example have made full recoveries where no pHARMa drug was successful , the hemp plant is not to be

underestimated for it's healing properties , also of course CANCER  can be conquered with RSO oil many have even stage 4 , there are also low THC products available for people who

are not comfortable with the high..... or don't like it . 

Also for joint pain etc... it is useful.

Edited by Gladiatoro, 26 August 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#5147 Ottovisual

Ottovisual

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

Cannabis can only do slight positive effect, but can be highly damaging too (experienced it, still regret it). And anyway it won't help for libido, it is a adrenal suppressant which are what control libido. Nothing external will correct epigenetic (everything affect it, nutrients, toxins, mood, ..), even less something highly specific like 13 cis retinoic acid, only cleaning the lymph & the interstitial fluid will permit the body to restore normal function by itself, nothing exterior will. Cannabis suppress the nervous system, which is already suppressed if you took accutane, it will only mask some symptoms nothing else.

Well if this is your counter argument for all the scientific evidence listed above.

#5148 Crank92

Crank92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Took (Ro)Accutane. 10 days 20mg once per day in October 2012 (200mg total). Sides - Severe emotional blunting, Severe fatigue, IBS, Sexual Dysfunction, Genital numbness.

I've recovered fully I believe from the emotional blunting and fatigue. The gastric issues are continuing to improve with the SCD diet. The sexual dysfunction and associated ED is improved with cannabis therapy. The genital numbness persists, for now.

If you would like my research documents on Accutanes link to sexual dysfunction/ED and/or how cannabis could be beneficial PM me your email address. The former document is very handy for convincing douchebag Dr's your sides are legitimate.

Posted Yesterday, 04:14 AM

I think the smartest manoeuvre is try a few tried and tested routes ranging from safest to least safe, so example:

1. Diet & lifestyle modification
2. Exercise
3. Fasting
4. Cannabis Oil
5. DR. Crisler's hormone plan
6. Finasteride

I'm not promoting those last two, as those really are last resort options in my opinion. 
But hey, why not just combine a bunch of them. I'm currently doing following a raw vegan diet whilst consuming RSO. I'm also exercising several times per week and sleeping 10 hours a night.

Once again, we should try and not bicker and accept we all have slightly different routes. And due to that we've found out people who have recovered through different protocols! Not too bad, it gives us several options to try.

Edited by Crank92, Yesterday, 04:19 AM.

#5149 anonyy

anonyy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 06:33 AM

I myself posted lot of scientific evidence about cannabis. But they doesn't really explain the real mechanism of how it work, it's only supposition. It can be a slight help in proper amount but as it doens't focus on the real problem it won't help long term, those slight benefit last as long as you take it. For cancer it's possible that THC kill the corrupted cells (it doesn't cure the real cause of it tho) but the body can do this by itself, you don't need cannabis to heal from stage 4 cancer, robert morse cured lot of them without it (& lot of others people).

But if you want to loose your time and money (and risk going in jail) for a theory do as you want, i tried cannabis myself (not the right way it's true) and didn't worked. But it's certainly attractive, something external, "magical", that doesn't need you to do or change anything you already do in your life, something easy.. sadly it won't be easy if you really want to get your health back, and will take month and more certainly some years, so better start now. Only good thing with cannabis is the pleasure of growing and taking care of the plant x)

Edited by anonyy, Yesterday, 10:56 AM.

#5150 MrErdem

MrErdem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 07:15 AM

My dr says I have prostatitis. He prescribed me antibiotics and alphablocker. Should I use it? There is no pain in that area but other sympthons are common with prostatitis. Pills again sad.png

Hey, I actually have the same problem. I believe it has to do with my prostate because I know prostate problems run in my family. The past few months or so I found it takes like a few seconds or more before I urinate. I don't feel the build up like I used to and the flow isn't that strong anymore. It doesn't hurt to pee or anything but I just don't feel the build up or have a strong stream. Also I don't have frequent urination, just takes a while before it comes out like I said. I was supposed to go to the urologist today but rescheduled it for next monday. I am concerned about having to go on drugs if I have an enlarged prostate because I know that the doc would prescribe me some if somethings wrong but really wouldn't want to take it. In a way though if I do have something wrong with my prostate(which I likely do due to my urination problems), maybe it is the cause of my ED, but also maybe not.
I'll see what he says when I go and see what's wrong. I'll update when after next monday on what he said and what he chooses to do.
Thanks, there claims that the main problem for ED might be prostatitis or pelvic floor issues written in propeciahelp.com
Another claim is that hormonal imbalance shrunks the prostate and problems occur.
The problems with prostate cause fatigue, back bain, ED, joint and muscle pain etc.. Very similar problems right? And even there is no pain in that area, you can have inflamation/anormalities in prostate..
Another point is that pelvic floor dysfunction. This muscle can become weak and cause several sexual problems.
I realy want to focus on this, I am 34 years old and for 34 years during erection, my muscle between penis an anus it was pretty hard, now this muscle below is weak. There is sure a dysfunction and there are exercises to strenghten this muscle. Again this muscle can be effected by prostate inflamation. Please check propeciahelp forum/prostate section

#5151 pathtorecovery91

pathtorecovery91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 07:42 AM

Thanks, there claims that the main problem for ED might be prostatitis or pelvic floor issues written in propeciahelp.com
Another claim is that hormonal imbalance shrunks the prostate and problems occur.
The problems with prostate cause fatigue, back bain, ED, joint and muscle pain etc.. Very similar problems right? And even there is no pain in that area, you can have inflamation/anormalities in prostate..
Another point is that pelvic floor dysfunction. This muscle can become weak and cause several sexual problems.
I realy want to focus on this, I am 34 years old and for 34 years during erection, my muscle between penis an anus it was pretty hard, now this muscle below is weak. There is sure a dysfunction and there are exercises to strenghten this muscle. Again this muscle can be effected by prostate inflamation. Please check propeciahelp forum/prostate section
Yes I do have very similar problems and thanks for the info. I'll go check out those exercises as well. That would be good if prostate problems were the cause of our ED and it could be corrected. I'm only 23 and dealing with this so it would be great if I could fix this especially if it had to do with the prostate.

#5152 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted Yesterday, 07:49 AM

Option number 6 should be avoided at all cost , Accutane sufferers really do not need more " DRUGS " in there system .

#5153 Crank92

Crank92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 12:41 PM

Those with prostatitis be aware that you are likely not dealing with an infection but inflammation through an internal chemical imbalance brought about my 'tane. 
Although too early to offer anything concrete, my prostrate discomfort appears reduced having commenced RSO now. Granted it could be placebo, so you'll have to wait and see if it lasts.

#5154 MrErdem

MrErdem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 01:35 PM

Those with prostatitis be aware that you are likely not dealing with an infection but inflammation through an internal chemical imbalance brought about my 'tane. 
Although too early to offer anything concrete, my prostrate discomfort appears reduced having commenced RSO now. Granted it could be placebo, so you'll have to wait and see if it lasts.

Thank you for the Info.
Did you have the urgency to pee, low stream or difficulty to urinate?

I am reading some posts in propeciahelp.com. There are people who say that they worsened after antibiotics, so I dont feel it is the right thing to do now.

On the other hand : http://www.propeciah...opic.php?t=1271

#5155 anonyy

anonyy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 05:13 PM

It's acidosis, you certainly eat too much proteins (or you eliminate toxins). I had this too, burning sensation & peeing urge even when emtpy, did some analysis who find nothing (obviously). 

Edited by anonyy, Yesterday, 05:14 PM.

#5156 Leopold and Loeb

Leopold and Loeb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 07:11 PM

To begin with I am an Isotretinoin afflictee (I've had all the sides listed here on an extreme level with the exception of testicular atrophy and watery semen). My brain fog was so bad it would take 20 minutes to find my car in parking lot. I visit this board a lot because it is so well organized, and because so much of it pertains to my situation.

These tests were ordered by my G.P., but I am about to see an Endo:

• Testosterone 22.6 nmol/L (8.0-30.0):
  • FSH 2.1 IU/L (1.0-18.0)
  • LH 4.2 IU/L (1.0-12.0)
  • Prolactin 3.7 ug/L (<20.0)
  • DHEA-sulphate 3.1 umol/L (3.1-13.1)
  • DHT 1.1 nmol/L (0.7-3.1)

I want to note that my T has been 28-29 in the past; I know it is not necessarily trashed at the moment. Everything basically seems to be within range but low, and I am not sure that is a good thing.

Any insights would be great.

Edited by Leopold and Loeb, Yesterday, 09:11 PM.

#5157 anonyy

anonyy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 08:01 PM

For sexual problems you better test: ACTH, CORTISOL, ALDOSTERONE, RENIN, GLUCOSE. And of course bun/urea and creatinine. Optimal value: http://grapegate.com...for-blood-tests

http://www.rawfigs.c...-132/?sid=49655

http://www.rawfigs.c...-156/?sid=50361

http://www.rawfigs.c...-162/?sid=50521

Edited by anonyy, Yesterday, 08:11 PM.

#5158 Leopold and Loeb

Leopold and Loeb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 08:15 PM

Thank-you for the information

#5159 CHIRON

CHIRON

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Today, 09:09 AM

My dr says I have prostatitis. He prescribed me antibiotics and alphablocker. Should I use it? There is no pain in that area but other sympthons are common with prostatitis. Pills again

I had prostatitis a couple of times.  After doing some research I realized that it may be related to stones in my prostate.  Stones form when the body is dehydrated especially.  I tend to get kidney stones as well.  The good news is that apple cider vinegar mixed with water  seems to disolve all manner of stones in the body: kidney, liver, prostate, gall and others.  Also, when you wake up first thing in the morning drink 3 tall glasses of water.  Don't eat for an hour afterward.  this works wonders by hydrating your body after sleeping and not getting any water for a large chunk of time.  This was a fad diet in Japan a few years back and man, it works.  Started normal urination after that.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users