@Toro

Stick to the cue cards mate.

#5023 levianthan

levianthan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

Anybody else's triglycerides affected from taking accutane? Unbelievable, 5 years later and I'm still borderline high.

The same here with cholesterol.I can't believe how many deep changes this poison has done to us.

Poison causes fatty liver! Also if you suffer from anything like thyroid etc that causes cholesterol issues!

that's true.Also low vitamin D which is very common post accutane can cause high cholesterol.But in my case i had a perfectly fine cholesterol level(170) and from the very first month of poisoning with this horrible drug it went up to 200.I thought that it would fall after treatment stopped but it is still in the 200s after 6 years.

#5024 Leopold and Loeb

Leopold and Loeb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

-

Edited by joliment, Today, 04:38 PM.

#5025 levianthan

levianthan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

Yes, I know what you mean Gladdy; but I am willing to bet that the accumulative effects of ALL the slight changes lead to something immeasurable that we now have to live with. I have no idea buddy about the number of isotretinoin victims but, I’m sure there are many lurkers. We are very lucky to have a forum that includes us.

I have a friend of mine who has been taking oral isotretinoin since he was 20 years old.He is now 32.He stops taking it in summer only due to retinoid sunlight toxicity.I am sure that if he had any bad side effects he would have stopped taking it.If he does have side effects they are minor and he probably hasn't linked them to accutane.It's interesting that his father died when he was 38 years old because of brain cancer.So i believe my friend has a strong genetic/epigenetic predisposition to develop brain cancer.As many if not all accutane side effects are related to the brain and given the fact that isotretinoin is a chemotherapy drug often used to treat brain cancers, it is obvious why my friend is so resistant to accutane side effects.

@Joliment isotretinoin may be lipophilic but is not stored longterm like vitamin A.Your dermatologist is such an idiot for believing that it never leaves the body.I can't believe there are doctors out there who have no clue at all about what they are prescribing.

#5026 m0Fo

m0Fo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 AM

Hi everybody,

I'm new but in fact I've been visiting this thread for like 2 years.. trying to find out what is wrong with me..

I'm a 26 y young male, took accutane at 19.. 

Since then I'm quite fu$k3d.. 

symptoms:

- sleep is useless (I wake up several times and I'm very annoyed.. I hate sleep even though I'm mostly tired)

- fatigue most of the time 

- sexual problems (I'm better now ... a little like 70%)

- trouble concentrating or doing anything and I loved to do alot of stuff .. programming web design playing basketball ..

- bone loss and muscle loss (i've used to work out and yea..)

- unable to grow a beard (this can be related since it's not usual in my family)

- social anxiety.. i don't really want to go out there :/

- blue nails (circulation problems? maybe adrenal problems?..)

- my TSH is high (4.3) - some doctors believe that this is okish.. 

- my calcium is high 10.2 - also some doctors believe this is okish..

what i've tried:

- supplements.. alot of them.. most of them (D, B Complex, K2, Selenium, Magnesium, Zinc, .. most of them)

- diets (paleo, drlwilson diet, all fruit diet, vegan diet, vegetarian diet and now I follow some principles of ray peat - raypeat.com, peatarian.com)

- i had two surgeries.. i thought I couldn't sleep because of a sleep apnea caused by my tonsils so I had them removed and also fixed my deviated septum.. I feel somehow better.. helped like 10%

- tried to do some yoga, meditation, reading, anything

- i tried CBD oil.. meh nothing much or maybe I haven't tried it long enough

- right now I'm trying some NDT from Thailand (natural dessicated thyroid) + pregnenolone / k2 / vit e i take them in cycle

I am curious if you guys have your calcium level high? Because from what I've been reading I might suffer from "hyperparathyroidysm". To be honest I would be glad to suffer from that and fix it with a (3rd) surgery.. lol

Good luck guys keep it up!

ps: sometimes when you guys show off your health freak potential.. you make me feel great.. I think this drug would be great to test on GP's.. maybe they would be so health concerned as we are lol

ps2: i don't like that anonyy guy

#5027 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 AM

So your friend has been taking isotretinoin for 12 years or so  , WTF he truly must be a freak of nature that can handle the poison , like I said we are all different with our genetic make up . But as I have said before this drug should be reserved for sever cystic nodular acne ONLY that is very rare indeed , and NOT for people who have a few  pimples . But derms had this stuff out like candy it's just so wrong , people always want the easy answer take the pill for this take a pill for that true healing is not from a synthetic pill but comes from diet , nutrition , NON GMO food / no processed food ,  exercise , sun light .

Edited by Gladiatoro, Yesterday, 10:26 PM.

#5028 anonyy

anonyy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 06:58 PM

This drug (& any other drug) should be reserved only to the mongoloids who created them, no one else. When we understand the cause of all "diseases"/symptoms there is no more use for any chemical crap. I personnaly have more respect for a street drug dealer than a doctor (legal drug dealer). At least the street drug dealer doesn't fool you.

World war 3 is on its way around the next 5 years, you all should all stop mind-masturbating on dumb androgen dht etc.. theories, that's only symptoms, and do what's required while "still possible", there is only one way to be healthy. This will be my last message i tried enough i think.

ps2: i don't like that anonyy guy

I know, people doesn't like truth, they prefer comforting lies and easy solutions.

Edited by anonyy, Today, 01:18 AM.

#5029 erik74

erik74

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Today, 10:43 AM

Hi guys and girls. My name is Erik and I just signed up to the site. I have lurked this site for years off and on and found the info and people on here wonderful. First of all I'd like to say I truely feel for everyone that has suffered the ill effects of Accutane. In my humble opinion it should be banned, once you discover what it does and how it works only a lunatic would disagree. That being said I unfortunately allowed self esteem and poor judment get the best of me and I'm 39 years old. For years I have struggled with moderate severe acne mostly on my face and scalp. I've always known of accutane (my father did 2 courses in his life thus far) and he claims he never had any side effects besides dry lips and a few bloody noses. He had much worse acne did i have ever had and he took his courses years ago when there was less info avilable so I in his case I guess I understand. In my own case I always thought about accutane but the horror stories I have read always pushed me away from it. Recently though I met a new girl and started breaking out bad again and I'm ashamed to say that even at my age I let my insercurity of my skin push me into a horrible possibly life altering desicion.

So to cut to the chase about 3 weeks ago I took 'the plunge' as they call it. And began accutane at 40 mgs per day. In my case everything seemed to come faster than most report. I mean by day 2 i had a horrible intial break out, on day 3 my nose was already dry and blood spots, my lips were already very chapped. Now i knew these were common side effects and people say that means its 'working' yeah working alright..

Anyhow I could deal with the dry lips and nose but 3rd day in I also had very dry eyes that stung like when cutting an onion. I love my video games and I couldnt play them because my eyes were so dry and painful. (dont wear galsses, never had any dry eye or eye problems ever).

Day 5 (after 200mg TOTAL accutane 40mg*5) I came to my senses and said this is definately bad stuff , I'll deal w acne rather than bad eyes ect..

so i stopped taking the accutane and I took my last pill aprrox 3 weeks ago. My eye dryness has not resolved! I went to the eye dr a week ago for a exam and

she said she sees no damage in eyes or vision issues but does see that my eyes are dry and sees dry flakes in my eye lashes, told me to use eye drops and wash eye lashes w baby shampoo/water solution. Till ths day no relief :( To make matter worse my head hair is shedding away I mean i cant even put my fingers through my hair without several hairs falling out. But accutane seems to be the gift that keeps on giving, because starting 4 days ago Ive been experiencing horrible muscle fatigue and joint pain from head to toe. I mean I cant sleep at night because I ache so bad i toss and turn all night. Then when its time to wake up and go to work I can barely stand at work beacuse mt legs, knees and feet are so weak that getting through a normal day has become an almost undoable task! I feel like Im 80yrs old no joke. ALL THIS FROM 5 40 MG PILLS?!! WOW I'm a grown man and I'm scared!

Other small sides I been getting is burping constant, rashes, slight depression wiich is probaly due to all these things i'm dealing with.

So my question to you guys/girls is is it possible that 200mg total dosage could cause permanent issues for me?? I'm really hoipng because I stopped so soon that this poison will flush out of my system soon and hopefully this joint pain and extreme fatiuge will reside?!

also is there anything I can do or should do to try and reverse some of this damage?

Is it posible my eyes will never recover and always be dry and blood shot now??!

Im freaking out! Please anyody with any insight on this please respond. everyone on this site seems to be educated on this topic. ofcourse my derm and pcp told me that 200 mg of accutane couldnt possibly do any of this to me and that the drug has already left my system, so it must be allergies or some other random coincidence!! ohhh please what a crock of BS! yeah i have NEVER had joint pain or eye issues ever in my life... It make me ill how some dr's will defend this crap to the bitter end....

Thanks for reading my rather long first ever post! I hope to hear back from many of you :)

~Erik

ps sorry for the typos and mis-spells rushing as im running late to work...

#5030 MovingOn

MovingOn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hiking, walking, biking, eating sushi, drinking tea, listening to Beach House, Radiohead, and Death Grips. Different times of the day.

Posted Today, 05:34 PM

When you can demonstrate appropriate social skills and display any shred of empathy, I'll let you criticize my expertise in psychology.  Until that point, you have nothing to stand on.  You aren't worth my time either way. In fact most people don't even respond to you because I am almost certain they're fatigued from reading your ridiculously unecessary posts. 

Has any wild person tried vitamin A intravenously?? I'm curious as to how the accutainted body would respond.  If we cannot successfully metablize vitamin A, could it be the way in which our body obtains in that can effect it/make it harmful? Porbably a dumb question, but my teachers always said there was no such thing :P

I struggle to understand how some people that I've talked to report getting well after omega 3's and ingesting vitamin A, and the other half of us don't. And you can send me those scientific articles, but, it doesn't really explain the intense variability.

#5031 anonyy

anonyy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Today, 06:26 PM

Have fun with your symptoms ;)

#5032 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted Today, 07:30 PM

Let's face  REALITY  Accutane is a controlled poisoning of the body with life time side effects nothing more nothing less oh and it's a chemo drug that would explain the poisoning part , any derm that tries to tell you different is LYING  to you  FACT.  With that being said it's not that bad sure we got poisoned and lied to etc... but we have to make the best of it , life is short .................. live it.

Edited by Gladiatoro, Today, 07:30 PM.

#5033 Leopold and Loeb

Leopold and Loeb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Today, 07:34 PM

Hi guys and girls. My name is Erik and I just signed up to the site. I have lurked this site for years off and on and found the info and people on here wonderful. First of all I'd like to say I truely feel for everyone that has suffered the ill effects of Accutane. In my humble opinion it should be banned, once you discover what it does and how it works only a lunatic would disagree. That being said I unfortunately allowed self esteem and poor judment get the best of me and I'm 39 years old. For years I have struggled with moderate severe acne mostly on my face and scalp. I've always known of accutane (my father did 2 courses in his life thus far) and he claims he never had any side effects besides dry lips and a few bloody noses. He had much worse acne did i have ever had and he took his courses years ago when there was less info avilable so I in his case I guess I understand. In my own case I always thought about accutane but the horror stories I have read always pushed me away from it. Recently though I met a new girl and started breaking out bad again and I'm ashamed to say that even at my age I let my insercurity of my skin push me into a horrible possibly life altering desicion.

So to cut to the chase about 3 weeks ago I took 'the plunge' as they call it. And began accutane at 40 mgs per day. In my case everything seemed to come faster than most report. I mean by day 2 i had a horrible intial break out, on day 3 my nose was already dry and blood spots, my lips were already very chapped. Now i knew these were common side effects and people say that means its 'working' yeah working alright..

Anyhow I could deal with the dry lips and nose but 3rd day in I also had very dry eyes that stung like when cutting an onion. I love my video games and I couldnt play them because my eyes were so dry and painful. (dont wear galsses, never had any dry eye or eye problems ever).

Day 5 (after 200mg TOTAL accutane 40mg*5) I came to my senses and said this is definately bad stuff , I'll deal w acne rather than bad eyes ect..
so i stopped taking the accutane and I took my last pill aprrox 3 weeks ago. My eye dryness has not resolved! I went to the eye dr a week ago for a exam and
she said she sees no damage in eyes or vision issues but does see that my eyes are dry and sees dry flakes in my eye lashes, told me to use eye drops and wash eye lashes w baby shampoo/water solution. Till ths day no relief sad.png To make matter worse my head hair is shedding away I mean i cant even put my fingers through my hair without several hairs falling out. But accutane seems to be the gift that keeps on giving, because starting 4 days ago Ive been experiencing horrible muscle fatigue and joint pain from head to toe. I mean I cant sleep at night because I ache so bad i toss and turn all night. Then when its time to wake up and go to work I can barely stand at work beacuse mt legs, knees and feet are so weak that getting through a normal day has become an almost undoable task! I feel like Im 80yrs old no joke. ALL THIS FROM 5 40 MG PILLS?!! WOW I'm a grown man and I'm scared!

Other small sides I been getting is burping constant, rashes, slight depression wiich is probaly due to all these things i'm dealing with.

So my question to you guys/girls is is it possible that 200mg total dosage could cause permanent issues for me?? I'm really hoipng because I stopped so soon that this poison will flush out of my system soon and hopefully this joint pain and extreme fatiuge will reside?!

also is there anything I can do or should do to try and reverse some of this damage?

Is it posible my eyes will never recover and always be dry and blood shot now??!

Im freaking out! Please anyody with any insight on this please respond. everyone on this site seems to be educated on this topic. ofcourse my derm and pcp told me that 200 mg of accutane couldnt possibly do any of this to me and that the drug has already left my system, so it must be allergies or some other random coincidence!! ohhh please what a crock of BS! yeah i have NEVER had joint pain or eye issues ever in my life... It make me ill how some dr's will defend this crap to the bitter end....

Thanks for reading my rather long first ever post! I hope to hear back from many of you smile.png

~Erik

ps sorry for the typos and mis-spells rushing as im running late to work...

The best thing you could do now is wait to see if you get better. If you do not get better in the next few weeks, you should consider seeing one of the the doctors constantly mentioned on this site. They may, or may not be able to help, but going to see regular doctors is just a waste of time. If you cannot see one of the doctors recommended, try to get the thorough blood tests recommended here with as many of the parameters as possible. Also abstain from alcohol and drugs, if you are that way inclined.

Edited by joliment, Today, 08:00 PM.

#5034 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Today, 08:15 PM

I think our comments and insights , experiences  will eventually lead to the banning of this EVIL / TERRIBLE  drug , it's just  not right to poison young people for life , it's so wrong on so many levels , but what would one expect form Allopathic Inc. Future generations

will thank us .

Edited by Gladiatoro, Today, 08:16 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users