5162 replies to this topic

#4781 Accutainted

Accutainted

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:52 PM

Me too welcome to the party I have learned to manage my symptoms / side effects over time.

I can't even walk properly because of what accutane has done to my joints:(, did you get any joint or muscle pain?

#4782 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

Accutainted what was your dosage ? Joint muscle pain yes comes and goes it's diet related for me too much Vit A in my diet and the back

pain kicks in  .   It's Bizzare but true V8 juice will do it , fish oil also ( retinol ).  Chronic fatique  comes and goes too some days I feel like  I am 80 years old other days not .  It is modern day   SNAKE OIL. The true mechanism of this drug is unknown  ....or is it ha... that about says it all. Law suits keep pilling up it's BIG BIZZ  ISOTRETINOIN / Chemotherapy drugs are  BLACK BOX DRUGS  think about it they are the most toxic drugs made . There is a reason this drug was ONLY  approved for severe cystic nodular acne but some derms  just don't deserve a job and hand it out like candy  for mild to moderate acne what a joke. And to top it off acne usually comes back wtf ha...  but side effects remain. There is no question in my mind that we are living in the dark ages of medicine , people will look back and shake there head in disbelieve of the barbaric / primitive  nature of medicine we had those days are pretty much here now actually. A lot of countries have

banned this drug completely as they have seen the carnage it leave behind.

Edited by Gladiatoro, 06 May 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#4783 Accutainted

Accutainted

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

I honestly can't remember it was 9yrs ago for 6 months. Whatever it was it was too high in fact I really only had mild acne so I should not have been on it at all. The pain began in my lower back just after finishing the course and it slowly progressed to all of my joints, I had a mild stiffness/soreness coming off the drug, I don't have any doubt my problems are related. What really kills me is I know that somewhere around the world some poor kid is being prescribed one of its generics for mild/moderate acne having absolutely know idea what isotretinoin can do to someone. The derm I saw has know idea what accutane has done to me, because my initial problems weren't skin related, that came later. You have to wonder how many more times that has happened. I couldn't agree more about the dark ages of medicine, there is too little emphasis on good nutrition and exercise.

Edited by Accutainted, 06 May 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#4784 ManitobaMountain

ManitobaMountain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

Hey everyone. I posted here a while ago telling of how I have recovered from the effects of accutane. Here is a video discussing my experience. Any questions for me, just post on the youtube video and I will respond there. Thanks!

#4785 MrErdem

MrErdem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

Detox, this is important but it does make sense if side effects occur during accutane, why do side effects (if it is due to the toxins) happen after months even years? Any comment on this?

#4786 ivmi

ivmi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

dear all!

Month ago I did the liver flush...and after that major panick!

My armpit got swollen and is swollen still. I have wierd feeling in my neck on the same side where my swollen armpit is. I had very extensive blood check up - i have no autoimmune diseases, my ESR is very low, CRP also. I got my copper serum checked and it is slightly lower than it should be. I had ultrasound of my neck and armpit, and doctor say that there is only one small lymph node in my neck about 6-7 mm in size. I got so scared...I'm pretty much scared right now...but I somehow manage to cope with it. I have some night sweats too... I don't know if it is somehow related with my liver flushing but all that swelling started one day after doing the flush. I dont' know what to do.... i feel slightly painful in all those places where the lymph nodes should be...and it really scares me.... if anyone has anything to suggest? i will try with RSO when i manage to buy it...i hope that it will be in month-or two... but now my main problem is this wierd swelling. :(

Can anyone type here about how to take RSO? how much should it be per day?

Someone please help I dont know what to do. This f****ng accutane had really messed up all of us. :(

Edited by ivmi, 12 May 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#4787 Pido

Pido

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:04 AM

After taking Accutane I've gotten hairloss, increased body hair growth and my skin is more fragile. My DHT levels are almost on a minimum and I'm thinking maybe Accutane made my skin somehow more prone to DHT. Does somebody know how to fix this?

#4788 MrErdem

MrErdem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

It is not good! 2 months since I am off the drug but still no reverse improvement. I googled some cases where ED occured even they didnt use the drug. Symphtons are common. Now I think I have some other issue that the drug triggered. I love my girlfriend and I want to be happy with her, have children but I fear that I will go on a lonely life because she deserves better (more healthy) man than me. This is so depressing. By the way 4 months ago I was living a wonderful life. Besides my wonderful job, I was trying to have six packs :) . It is so schocking that life has U turns. I still enjoy the life but coming years are obviously full of pain. Pretending to be good is not an easy issue.

Edited by MrErdem, 18 May 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#4789 ivmi

ivmi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:40 AM

I was trying to find this guy "AccutaneIsPoison" on page 108 but there is no him or his posts, only quotes from forum members on his posts...what happened to his posts? 

#4790 trufflies

trufflies

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I am on my 8th week of Accutane (out of a 5 month course; 60 mg a day) and just started reading this thread and am getting really worried. I'm mostly concerned because my husband and I would like to start trying to have a baby 2 months after I'm done and I'm worried that if so many people seem to be experiencing such serious side effects several years down the line, that it may not be safe for a fetus to be exposed to whatever is going on inside of me. 

I don't really have any serious side effects - just dryness and I suppose I've been enjoying having my back cracked throughout the day! No changes in libido, no emotional distress or anything like that.

I've read though that there is basically zero risk for birth defects if you wait a month to get pregnant. Why then are so many people reporting all of these other problems saying that Accutane never really leaves your system etc. if it's a teratogenic drug and doesn't cause any harm to eggs? Maybe it's damaging certain organs? I really don't know what to think!

Please help! Thank you :)

#4791 Daniel80

Daniel80

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:07 AM

I have now been taking RSO for about two weeks, and not only does this work great. It works wonders!

I would say that my dry eyes and lips have improved around 85 %. My dry lips around 40 %.

My sexsual function has also suffered a bit from accutane. That has also improved.

I don't experience any side effects or anything when I take this.

However, it haven't improved my anxiety as I would also have hoped. Still only two weeks in, so time will tell

#4792 MrErdem

MrErdem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

Daniel80, it makes me happy to hear such recovery stories. Please keep posting your experiences.

#4793 pabpab

pabpab

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

Daniel80  What great news! So happy for you!

Could you tell a bit more? Do you know the ratio THC vs CBD? 

And about improved sexual function, what were your sides? Is it about libido or ED or both?

Edited by pabpab, 23 May 2014 - 06:31 AM.

#4794 Daniel80

Daniel80

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

There is 30 % CBD and only 0.3 %THC in the oil I take

#4795 Daniel80

Daniel80

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

I take it once a day, the size of a rice corn under my tonque

#4796 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

Wow that little must be potent stuff I take Dixie drops similar content with CBD and low THC , RSO may be better however but hard to get a hold of.

#4797 Accutainted

Accutainted

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:30 AM

Hi everyone,

I am on my 8th week of Accutane (out of a 5 month course; 60 mg a day) and just started reading this thread and am getting really worried. I'm mostly concerned because my husband and I would like to start trying to have a baby 2 months after I'm done and I'm worried that if so many people seem to be experiencing such serious side effects several years down the line, that it may not be safe for a fetus to be exposed to whatever is going on inside of me. 

I don't really have any serious side effects - just dryness and I suppose I've been enjoying having my back cracked throughout the day! No changes in libido, no emotional distress or anything like that.

I've read though that there is basically zero risk for birth defects if you wait a month to get pregnant. Why then are so many people reporting all of these other problems saying that Accutane never really leaves your system etc. if it's a teratogenic drug and doesn't cause any harm to eggs? Maybe it's damaging certain organs? I really don't know what to think!

Please help! Thank you :)

How severe is your acne? I really don't recommend anyone take accutane but if you must listen to your body very carefully. I would wait at least a yr to try and get pregnant. Why risk something so important?

I have now been taking RSO for about two weeks, and not only does this work great. It works wonders!

I would say that my dry eyes and lips have improved around 85 %. My dry lips around 40 %.

My sexsual function has also suffered a bit from accutane. That has also improved.

I don't experience any side effects or anything when I take this.

However, it haven't improved my anxiety as I would also have hoped. Still only two weeks in, so time will tell

Great to hear man!! Plz keep updating:)

#4798 samantha303

samantha303

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:52 AM

Hi,

I have posted here before and I am going to post again.

I am a 21 year old female and I have been suffering from post accutane hair loss for roughly 8 months now

I have corrected my low ferritin and am still working on upping vitamin D level caused by accutane.

I have never tried any liver cleansing products.

How is milk thistle? Heard good things about it. Also, does anyone go to the hepatologist after accutane?

I was on it only for 3 - 4 weeks and it has ruined my life.

#4799 pabpab

pabpab

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

It is not good! 2 months since I am off the drug but still no reverse improvement. I googled some cases where ED occured even they didnt use the drug. Symphtons are common. Now I think I have some other issue that the drug triggered. I love my girlfriend and I want to be happy with her, have children but I fear that I will go on a lonely life because she deserves better (more healthy) man than me. This is so depressing. By the way 4 months ago I was living a wonderful life. Besides my wonderful job, I was trying to have six packs smile.png . It is so schocking that life has U turns. I still enjoy the life but coming years are obviously full of pain. Pretending to be good is not an easy issue.

Never ever let yourself think this way. Been there thought that so to say and it is probably the worst you can do in your situation. I know it's not easy but believe me you are a fine guy who is just in a spot of bother TEMPORARILY. That's what life is like. Sometimes you are better, sometimes you are worse. C'est la vie.

But you are extremely lucky that you found your gf who you love...so it would be a tiny bit silly to lose her because you feel inferior to "healthier" man, wouldn't it?

Get a grip my friend! Look, the number of people who report improvements increases. One day you will be among them too! 

#4800 MrErdem

MrErdem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

It is not good! 2 months since I am off the drug but still no reverse improvement. I googled some cases where ED occured even they didnt use the drug. Symphtons are common. Now I think I have some other issue that the drug triggered. I love my girlfriend and I want to be happy with her, have children but I fear that I will go on a lonely life because she deserves better (more healthy) man than me. This is so depressing. By the way 4 months ago I was living a wonderful life. Besides my wonderful job, I was trying to have six packs smile.png . It is so schocking that life has U turns. I still enjoy the life but coming years are obviously full of pain. Pretending to be good is not an easy issue.

Never ever let yourself think this way. Been there thought that so to say and it is probably the worst you can do in your situation. I know it's not easy but believe me you are a fine guy who is just in a spot of bother TEMPORARILY. That's what life is like. Sometimes you are better, sometimes you are worse. C'est la vie.

But you are extremely lucky that you found your gf who you love...so it would be a tiny bit silly to lose her because you feel inferior to "healthier" man, wouldn't it?
Get a grip my friend! Look, the number of people who report improvements increases. One day you will be among them too! 
Thank you pabpab. I hope so. Today in the news you must heard the earthquake between Greece and Turkey. I was sitting home and suddenly it started to shake, I ran out the building without shoes. : ) Man, this is the meening; even you feel bad, you run for your life. Thats the rule. We will run for our lives.. And after a while you see that life goes on and it is good ;)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users