vitamin d vitamin a vitamin e biotin garlic milk thistle depression

5033 replies to this topic

#4621 ivmi

ivmi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

Hi guys...i found this on the internet...it really makes sense to me!

I think that i will try with this supplement http://pureformulas.com/bcomplex-plus-120-vegetable-capsules-by-pure-encapsulations.html#sthash.3QGeazRP.qyvcywHL.dpbs after when I'm done with my anti parasite program and liver flushing...they are suggesting it on this site...http://howirecovered...12-therapy-faq/maybe it can solve my problem for good...someone attached something about methylation few pages earlier...so I started to investigate...and i found that site...

My selenium is working as always :D but...i want something permanently...i want to forget about accutane forever.

Edited by ivmi, 27 March 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#4622 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

Have  you ever been tested for your thyroid? I don't know what other symptoms beside hair loss and the sores you mentioned. I had nose and sores mouth. I sometimes wonder if I had drugged induced lupus which can go away. About a year later I had my ds antibody strand tested and it came back negative. I still though can 't take any sulfa or nsaids which lupus people can't take.  Though I don't like prescription meds I did at that point get on Plaquenil a anti malaria drug and take b12 and Vit C. I was desperate at the time and in bad shape. I don't take plaquenil any longer though. I also stayed away from any acidic foods. My way of living food wise is very simple.

It also could be from the chronic dryness as when I got dx with type 1 diabetes and started insulin all my dryness, vision and most issues have gone away. I live by Chicago and this winter was horrible. However, a lot of autoimmune issues can have a lot of the same symptoms. Pm if you have any more questions. I was out of town so sorry for the delay in response.

#4623 and1

and1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:44 AM

Found a fascinating document today, which includes a detox protocol that has been used with war vets, police officers and drug addicts.

http://www.saunaheal...dy_protocol.pdf

http://scholar.googl...2380888&scipsc=

basically it is about excercise, niacin and sauna as well as polyunsaturated oil.

Dr. George Yu talks in the following video about pretty much the same protocol.

____

I have looked a little deeper into it, I am a big fan of doing saunas and love charcoal (Dr. Yu is talking about it as well), however, the protocol seems to be linked to Scientology somehow, which leaves a foul smell. For some reason you find studies through google scholar that have been carried out using this protocol successfully at unis as well known as UCLA. Kinda strange. Well, sauna definitly works for me.

Here is another paper on the topic titled "Elimination of persistent toxicants from the human body", contains a lot of practical advice and published in Human & Experimental Toxicology:

http://het.sagepub.c...3.full.pdf html

http://het.sagepub.com/content/30/1/3

#4624 Nick Ryan

Nick Ryan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Gaming, Psychology, Quantum Mechanics, Law, Sci-Fi.

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

Just got a call today and they advised that all my labs were normal- metabolic: kidney/liver and parathyroid as well as running all autoimmunes again. Keeps seeming like no matter what gets tested, it comes back normal and "healthy." Back to the drawing board.

#4625 Dubya_B

Dubya_B

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hey Nick

I'm in the same boat. The only problems that showed up on lab tests in my early 20's was low T and "high-ish" prolactin, but in recent years all my lab tests have looked pretty good but I'm actually feeling worse.

I always kept my fingers crossed that something would turn-up out of the ordinary so I at least had some indication of what to treat, and ...nothing.

Even treating the symptoms was a bust.

There just plain has to be some (rational) explanation for what is going on and we will find it someday. Hopefully sooner than later.

#4626 ivmi

ivmi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Dubya...it's interesting about your prolactin and testosterone....mine were both hightened 4 years ago...I didn't check it since...but maybe i should....! but thyroid hormones were all ok....it seems that prolactin is somehow affected with accutane...?

#4627 Roland1968

Roland1968

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hi all,

first of all let me apologize that I come back so late. I promised to share my RSO experiences but I was quite busy and found no time to log in. Unfortunately my experiences are not so positive. I did not tolerate RSO so well and had to stop it after only some weeks.

I was recommended to take a dosage of 3x5 drops per day. I started slowly with 1x5 per day and wanted to ramp it up over time. There was an immediate positive effect when I started. The inflammation in my face and the feeling of extreme dryness was reduced within some days. But the negative effect was, that I felt very tired during the day and also felt quite dizzy. I tried to increase the dosage but it was just no doable so I stayed with 1x5 drops per day. The tiredness did not go away and I also felt, that sleep was not so relaxing anymore. When I woke up I felt like a had drunk too much the day before. I have family and a pretty tough job. So I decided to quit after some weeks.

I know, it is disappointing. When the first positive results kicked in, I felt super enthusiastic but this constant tiredness was terrible. I don't know what to do now. I may give it another try. But i can not imagine, that it will be any different. People are saying the tiredness goes away when you take it long enough. So maybe I should just hang in there a little longer?  

Edited by Roland1968, 01 April 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#4628 Malco

Malco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Please my friends I would like to have help, I read all 59 pages post accutane / minocycline flushing rosacea because these are the symptoms that bother me the most.

Flashes of heat give me a hard life, I also kinda evil to the joint, hair loss and dry skin.

I did 5 strong vbeam with purpura in 5 months, I don't see any improvement at the moment and I started taking clonidine since 1 month and plaquenil for 5 weeks, the clonidine helps me, but I hope the plaquenil is going to heal me like Lamar or I will try the mepacrine like him.

But please I saw that you know much about roaccutane effects I would like advice to cure my skin it spoils me life!

I took 40 mg for 6 months for miserable buttons in the back in 2008 and I did not learn...!

1 / propose you the sauna but, for me it's going to nie vasodilation and thats what I should avoid.

2 / I eat balanced, I cut quick lactose and sugar apart from honey and fruit for over 2 months and I don't see any improvements. I try to not eat gluten also for 2 week, but I lost weight and found over what to eat,.

I bought juicer, red LED but I stopped because makes me red, complement food, probiotics, kefir... As I saw no results I began medication to calm inflammation and hoping to heal with the antimalarial.
So, now, I take 3 * 0.75 mg clonidine/day and 1 tablet 200mg plaquenil and 1/2 Tablet 100 mg at night hoping that it heals me, also I take milk thistle, turmeric, red wine extract and Borage Oil.

Please give me tips to heal, do I do cure liver and kidneys?

What take as complement hemp oil I I put on my skin but it doesnt...

I can even make sport otherwise I becomes all red for hours!
I have to stop soccer and bodybuilding!

Oli girl you no longer takes plaquenil? CA you cure your rosacea?

I hope that you will say even if there is a post rosacea but no one participates, and my text and draft and that I do not speak English I use a translator sorry.merci for your understanding.

#4629 Dubya_B

Dubya_B

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

Dubya...it's interesting about your prolactin and testosterone....mine were both hightened 4 years ago...I didn't check it since...but maybe i should....! but thyroid hormones were all ok....it seems that prolactin is somehow affected with accutane...?

There were several guys on the All Things Male "Accutane" forum who had slightly elevated prolactin, usually with low-ish testosterone though.

So, high prolactin does seem to be a somewhat common problem among guys who have post-Accutane sexual dysfunction, but there's no way it is the cause.

Lowered dopamine activity in the pituitary gland can cause prolactin to rise. Several guys, myself included, tried different drugs that raise pituitary dopamine levels and response and it didn't work too well for us. With prolactin well within the normal range, we still have problems.

Very interesting that you are a woman with high testosterone after Accutane. There was a study that actually observed lowered testosterone in women during Accutane treatment. Another study showed lowered levels of pituitary hormones in both men and women during Accutane treatment, so the elevated prolactin is a little unexpected.

I'm not very knowledgeable about prolactin's effects on female testosterone levels, but it has a negative effect on testosterone in men.

High prolactin typically lowers sex-drive in women and testosterone typically raises female sex-drive, contrary to what one might assume.

TRT is even being used to treat low desire in women with low testosteone levels.

My free testosterone level was over the top high last few times I had it checked, but I had worse sexual dysfunction than when my levels were below the range low.

It makes no sense.

I do believe many of the health problems caused by Accutane can't be explained by hormones or conventional medical tests, so we are sort of "lost to side-effects" and stuck trying to treat symptoms individually until more extensive research is performed on Accutane vicitms.

Still may be worth your trouble to get hormone levels checked again. You might find something you can at least attempt to treat.

Edited by Dubya_B, 01 April 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#4630 acne1776

acne1776

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

Hi all,

first of all let me apologize that I come back so late. I promised to share my RSO experiences but I was quite busy and found no time to log in. Unfortunately my experiences are not so positive. I did not tolerate RSO so well and had to stop it after only some weeks.

I was recommended to take a dosage of 3x5 drops per day. I started slowly with 1x5 per day and wanted to ramp it up over time. There was an immediate positive effect when I started. The inflammation in my face and the feeling of extreme dryness was reduced within some days. But the negative effect was, that I felt very tired during the day and also felt quite dizzy. I tried to increase the dosage but it was just no doable so I stayed with 1x5 drops per day. The tiredness did not go away and I also felt, that sleep was not so relaxing anymore. When I woke up I felt like a had drunk too much the day before. I have family and a pretty tough job. So I decided to quit after some weeks.

I know, it is disappointing. When the first positive results kicked in, I felt super enthusiastic but this constant tiredness was terrible. I don't know what to do now. I may give it another try. But i can not imagine, that it will be any different. People are saying the tiredness goes away when you take it long enough. So maybe I should just hang in there a little longer?  

Why not skip the day doses and just take it at night?

#4631 Crank92

Crank92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Took (Ro)Accutane. 10 days 20mg once per day. Sides - Severe emotional blunting, Severe fatigue, IBS, Sexual Dysfunction.

I've recovered fully I believe from the emotional blunting and fatigue. The gastric issues are continuing to improve with the SCD diet. The sexual dysfunction and associated ED is improved with cannabis therapy (read from page 200 onwards for plausible biological mechanisms). The genital numbness persists, for now.

I still plan on doing an extended fast for the purported benefits.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

I'm with acne1776, perhaps just continue on with doses only before bed. I realise you'll still feel groggy in the morning. I vape before bed and am fine in the morning although it took me about 4 weeks before the morning grogginess faded. However, if I also consume the after vaping bud orally, I'll be once again groggy in the morning. I guess due to the fact I'm a student, I can sleep 12 hours a night and no one notices. So that's ideal :D but yea especially as RSO is a much higher dose it wouldn't surprise me that it makes you lethargic even if it is supposedly the 'inactive' form. I've read a few of the guys who used RSO for cancer treatment and they say it put them to sleep for ages too.

#4632 Crank92

Crank92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Took (Ro)Accutane. 10 days 20mg once per day. Sides - Severe emotional blunting, Severe fatigue, IBS, Sexual Dysfunction.

I've recovered fully I believe from the emotional blunting and fatigue. The gastric issues are continuing to improve with the SCD diet. The sexual dysfunction and associated ED is improved with cannabis therapy (read from page 200 onwards for plausible biological mechanisms). The genital numbness persists, for now.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:19 AM

Anyone know if the girl who got MS still checks in? If so this book may be of use;

http://www.amazon.co... wahls protocol

Anonny posted about the lady who 'cured' her MS with a specific paleo diet alongside a few other bits and bobs. She's written the above book! There are some skeptics as usual, which is good as it creates debate. The main speculation is that she got misdiagnosed and was simply in the relapse/remitting stage. But surely it's been 4/5 years since she was diagnosed and it was only 2011 when she believed she was cured, so if she was simply in remission surely she should have remitted by now!

Edited by Crank92, 02 April 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#4633 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

High Prolactin levels can be caused by adenomas which is a begin tumor on the pituitary gland. They can be extremely small and sometimes they can grow. Levels of prolactin and testosterone  can go back to normal, but you can still have issues. Other things that can cause high prolactin levels and adenomas are certain medications, hypothyroid, estrogen taken by mouth, kidney and liver diseases. In women it can go high during pregnancy, but some it does not go back to normal.  It can usually dx by a MRI of the pituitary gland and sometimes levels of prolactin will go back normal, but people still have symptoms and problems. If the tumor gets bigger over the years it can cause headaches, bone loss, vision problems etc.

There have been some cases of people having a pituitary adenoma after taking Accutane.

#4634 Malco

Malco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

Hey friends you don't see my message?

I know that you are busy with your problems and research, but if someone among you would be kind enough to advise me it would be really nice!

Oli girl is that you still have the flushes?

Person allowed you has this problem apart from oli girl?

Surely you will understand me.

#4635 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

I don't have flushing any longer! I am not sure how long you have been on the anti malaria but it should help. I was on it for about 1yr, not sure how long you have been on it, but give it time and stay away from acidic foods. Also, aren't you seeing Dr. Chu? If so you are in good hands my friend.

#4636 Dubya_B

Dubya_B

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

I'm with acne1776, perhaps just continue on with doses only before bed. I realise you'll still feel groggy in the morning. I vape before bed and am fine in the morning although it took me about 4 weeks before the morning grogginess faded. However, if I also consume the after vaping bud orally, I'll be once again groggy in the morning. I guess due to the fact I'm a student, I can sleep 12 hours a night and no one notices. So that's ideal  but yea especially as RSO is a much higher dose it wouldn't surprise me that it makes you lethargic even if it is supposedly the 'inactive' form. I've read a few of the guys who used RSO for cancer treatment and they say it put them to sleep for ages too.

I read a long thread a few months back where cancer patients using RSO were discussing the heavy side-effects of high dosages.

EDIT: ROLAND must have some pretty potent stuff.

The process of boiling-off the alcohol decarboxylates/activates the cannabinoids. RSO is far from the inactive form.

High Prolactin levels can be caused by adenomas which is a begin tumor on the pituitary gland. They can be extremely small and sometimes they can grow. Levels of prolactin and testosterone  can go back to normal, but you can still have issues. Other things that can cause high prolactin levels and adenomas are certain medications, hypothyroid, estrogen taken by mouth, kidney and liver diseases. In women it can go high during pregnancy, but some it does not go back to normal.  It can usually dx by a MRI of the pituitary gland and sometimes levels of prolactin will go back normal, but people still have symptoms and problems. If the tumor gets bigger over the years it can cause headaches, bone loss, vision problems etc.

There have been some cases of people having a pituitary adenoma after taking Accutane.

Yes, I have also seen an instance of a post-Acutane patient actually discovering a prolactinoma.

Usually though, we get the MRI and nothing shows up.

I spoke with someone who had a prolactinoma, and his levels were over ten-fold higher than the upper limit of the range.

Most people with the tumor find their levels extremely high, not just slightly elevated as most of the Accutane patients with slightly-high prolactin levels have discovered.

This guy was one of the first people in the world to begin treatment with bromocriptine for a prolactinoma, and it totally resolved his symptoms, shrank the tumor, and he has been on a maintenance dose for the last 30 years.

Typically, pituitary adenomas and symptoms of hyperprolactinaemia respond very well to treatment with dopamine agonists.

Oli, thanks for pointing out that thyroid conditions and birth control can also raise prolactin. Almost forgot about that.

Some SSRI anti-depressants and many anti-psychotics are also notorious for raising prolactin during treatment.

High prolactin and lowered dopamine activity are thought to be one of the main causes of low sex-drive during anti-psychotic treatment.

The thing is, you will have difficulty finding anyone suffering from sexual dysfunction caused by elevated prolactin complaining of having numb genitals.

If anything, genital numbness is extremely common among those with Accutane-induced sexual problems.

It's one of those things that distinguishes it from run-of-the-mill ED or low libido.

To whoever is taking the anti-malarial:

Stay the hell away from Lariam (mefloquine) if you must take an anti-malarial drug.

It is another one of Roche's turds that slipped through the cracks that is highly suspected of causing psychotic delusions and permanent neurological damage.

http://www.theguardi...drug-mefloquine

Edited by Dubya_B, 04 April 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#4637 Crank92

Crank92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

Dubya finally some clarification on the RSO whether it is in/acitve! I always wondered whether that process of boiling off the alcohol (roughly 78 degress celsius) would decarboxylate the THC at all. There's an answer then! So with this information, is there any issue with simply consuming it in an edible format like a regular stoner? Perhaps just cooking it at 80 degrees as opposed to the regular 160+?

#4638 anonyy

anonyy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Of course RSO is active, any heat activate the THC (even the lamp when growing if too close), maybe not fully for "low" temp but still a little. If RSO wasn't active it will be not effective for cancer. (THC) Vaped, smoked or ingested with fat (like stoner do) bypass the liver and is highly poisonous for the nervous system (i experienced it), i've already made 2 - 3 post about that if i remember. But anyway it's only a symptomatic treatment, a good one but still symptomatic that should be used carefully.

Edited by anonyy, 04 April 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#4639 Malco

Malco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

Thanks much for your reply oli girl.

I am glad you have healed the flushing flushes of heat, I hope you'll have success on your other problems.

I read a lot what you said in the other thread and I know that plaquenil you also help joints I hope you had permanent success for this problem too.

Yes I saw for the first time Dr. Chu and at the moment I am taking clonidine and plaquenil the clonidine effects were almost immediate and I saw a clear improvement, while plaquenil it's been almost 6 weeks I take and I don't see any improvements in addition to clonidine, I know that it takes time but in 5 weeks ought to begin at work and I see no big thingI hope it will work for me also.

Let me you ask if you are completely cured of the induced rosacea accutane?

You can switch from cold to hot, stress, even if not very hot shower, meals, sunset, sport, all it no longer triggers?

You consider yourself as before accutane with regard to your skin?

Your skin is still very dry?

Have you find a solution for dry skin, I have to put of the cream on all the body after every shower otherwise I scratch me too and my face become red, dry, reddened to nothing.

If I am well recall you had results fast with plaquenil, is what they was clear or it was subtle at first?

Forgive me for the questions and my translator.

Thanks for your help oli girl

#4640 Dubya_B

Dubya_B

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

Accutane Action Facebook Page

Amy Simonetti, the mother of Accutane-suicide victim Joshua Leigh Daniels, has created a Facebook page in memory of her son.

Accutane Action US:
https://www.facebook...05909593013026/

There is also a UK-based Facebook page.

Roaccutane Action UK:
https://www.facebook.com/Roaction

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users