vitamin d vitamin a vitamin e biotin garlic milk thistle depression

5286 replies to this topic

#21 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

P.s. just as an additional note, I don't believe accutane alters the telomere length, some of 'us' have had this tested for. I simply (well it isn't a simple issue but there you go) blieve our immune sytems have been interupted, have several theories on how or why but won't go into that.

you need to try and keep vitamin a intake low for a year or two, I am only now starting to buy into the possibility of Gamma linoleic acid deficiency once posted on this forum several years ago, I started it about a month ago and it is helping my eyes a little.... It does not cause problems like the omega 3 in flax and fish oil!

#22 iRyRy

iRyRy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (IndigoRush @ May 12 2011, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (iRyRy @ May 11 2011, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (IndigoRush @ May 11 2011, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (iRyRy @ May 11 2011, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm also looking into bowel/liver cleasing.

It's a good idea.
I know to do it properly you should withdraw from bad foods (like milk, bread, sugar, alcohol) for about a week... But I'm not sure I can go a week without cakes and what-not.
If I knew you had to do it just the once, obviously I'd do it.

For now though, I think I'm doing my liver some good with the milk thistle and dandelion root extract. I ordered the supplement you said about... 'Calcium D-Glucarate', though I'm not sure it'll really work as surely within 5 years my body would've elminated the toxins... But we'll see. You started with it yet?

No, I can't find it in stores. I'll have to order it.

Some people say they have high vitamin A even years after Accutane, so perhaps some of it stays in your liver. Your liver does store excess vitamin A when it can. Maybe this is why some get the long term side effects, their liver absorbs it, for some reason it can't get rid of it fast enough so it just continues to be deactivated and reactivated through the process of glucuronidation and beta-glucoronidase.

I've noticed something. When I take a tablespoon of olive oil, the next few days are hell and it's like I'm reliving Accutane. My bones begin to ache more, hair falls out more, and my skin begins to shed like crazy. I think it's because, when you consume a good amount of fat you gallblader will release your bile which contains all the toxins into your bowels, and then some of it is excreted while some is reabsorbed causing the side effects to reoccur.

Interesting. Why would you take a tablespoon of olive oil? I've heard you can do that as part of a detox. I feel terrible at the moment sad.gif

Well yeahs it's supposedly good for detox. But I suppose I need to detox a bit slower. Do you feel terrible because you took olive oil?

I'm doing a liver flush tomorrow.

#23 GreenEyes33

GreenEyes33

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

I wish I could help you. I was on accutane for a year and not only did it not clear my acne but left me with long term side effects.

Of course, this was 7 years ago. I didn't do any research (I was a teenager), there weren't websites like this for acne....

How people here can read through these replies and still decide to take this horrible drug just to get rid of their zits is beyond me. Really tempting fate!!

#24 *thismission

*thismission

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

I completely agree! At that moment I just wanted "The Magic Cure Accutane" but that is not what it was! I went through one course and it replaced my blemishes with painful cystic acne. The derm wanted me to do another round and after my face getting extremely dull looking, scarred up, and the pain from the cystic markings, I said NO. &Decided to do some real HARD fact research to find the right products for me. I did and I have had great success with these few methods. I wish I could tell everyone NEVER EVER TAKE ACCUTANE. The risks greatly outweigh the benefits! I had horrible horrible scarring for the longest time after that. Even to this day my hair is much thinner and far more dry than it had been previous to that. My scalp is extremely sensitive to the point that I get rashes from normal shampoo and conditioners. The bones in my legs would get SO sore for the first year afterward eventhough my Accutane course was only 5 months. &I'm thinking I might have that "Thyroid" problem that people say they get from it where you can overheat in the night time resulting in night sweats. I had to learn to sleep with an extremely light sheet blanket to control that. :/ Accutane is SERIOUS business people. Wish I would have listened to the horror stories because although my ailments are light some people DO have terrible outcomes. &It never did get rid of my acne in the first place. eusa_naughty.gif

All this after one course, imagine what two would have done? shock.gif

PLEASE people try alternative methods to heal your acne, don't reach for these terrible pills.

CLEAR SKIN CAN BE ACHEIVED WITH THE RIGHT PRODUCTS.
Just wanted to share my experience. Good luck folks<3

#25 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ May 13 2011, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should NOT be taking omega 3 in any form.... You need to stop taking that and trust me on this one. I have all the side effects you have listed other than dry mouth and libido problems. I do have some that you don't though...

anyway....a drug called mepacrin worked wonders for me in lowering the inflammation. I also have a list of supps that help me somewhat....

I manage to hold down a Job and finished uni whilst dealing with this. I take:

Curcumin 500mg twice per day, milk thistle twice per day, resveratrol/grapde extract twice a day, Im currently also taking gamma linoleic acid in borage oil twice a day.

I also take B vitamins occassionally as well as a supplement called piracetam (I take this with choline), this has worked wonders for my cognitive function and it is actually very good for your mind long term.

For my hairloss I Use a laser system and a moderate strength steroid once every few days (Keeps the inflammation down and the lasers help prevent any potential skin damage from the steroid).

These things have helped control my long long list of sides, I also use lasers on my face and apply topical rosex gel to my eyelids for my servere ocular rosacea. I have to use eyedrops all day and cold compresses plus have my meobian glands expressed. I am also trying IPL for my dry eyes.

Funny thing Is i still get awful folliculits in my beard caused by tane....which I have to now use two topicals for to keep it in relative check.

Anyway PLEAsE stop the omega 3 immediately, fish oils and cod liver oil is toxic to us post tane!

Thanks for the reply.
But why is Omega 3 bad after accutane?
What could it actually do to make things worse?

A few of the things you mentioned I disagree with. I don't 'DO' medicine anymore. Not after this. Steroids just sound a bad idea, as well as lasers...

I dunno man :/
I've taken Curcurmin before because Nathan Carr said so.. does nothing for me.. I've heard the supplements are too difficult to absorb.
As for milk thistle, how long have you been taking and do you think it's actually doing any good?

Cheers

#26 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (iRyRy @ May 13 2011, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (IndigoRush @ May 12 2011, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (iRyRy @ May 11 2011, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (IndigoRush @ May 11 2011, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (iRyRy @ May 11 2011, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm also looking into bowel/liver cleasing.

It's a good idea.
I know to do it properly you should withdraw from bad foods (like milk, bread, sugar, alcohol) for about a week... But I'm not sure I can go a week without cakes and what-not.
If I knew you had to do it just the once, obviously I'd do it.

For now though, I think I'm doing my liver some good with the milk thistle and dandelion root extract. I ordered the supplement you said about... 'Calcium D-Glucarate', though I'm not sure it'll really work as surely within 5 years my body would've elminated the toxins... But we'll see. You started with it yet?

No, I can't find it in stores. I'll have to order it.

Some people say they have high vitamin A even years after Accutane, so perhaps some of it stays in your liver. Your liver does store excess vitamin A when it can. Maybe this is why some get the long term side effects, their liver absorbs it, for some reason it can't get rid of it fast enough so it just continues to be deactivated and reactivated through the process of glucuronidation and beta-glucoronidase.

I've noticed something. When I take a tablespoon of olive oil, the next few days are hell and it's like I'm reliving Accutane. My bones begin to ache more, hair falls out more, and my skin begins to shed like crazy. I think it's because, when you consume a good amount of fat you gallblader will release your bile which contains all the toxins into your bowels, and then some of it is excreted while some is reabsorbed causing the side effects to reoccur.

Interesting. Why would you take a tablespoon of olive oil? I've heard you can do that as part of a detox. I feel terrible at the moment sad.gif

Well yeahs it's supposedly good for detox. But I suppose I need to detox a bit slower. Do you feel terrible because you took olive oil?

I'm doing a liver flush tomorrow.

I've never tried olive oil.. But I imagine it'd be the same for me.
I've heard some people, on another site, have some success with liver flushing and one mentioned it make all his symptoms come back for a while.. Maybe you have to go through hell before the good stuff. Having said that, I feel so low energy a lot of the time, I can't seem to help reaching for bad food.
When you do the liver flushing do you cut out all bad food (bread/milk/sugar/alcohol)?

#27 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (GreenEyes33 @ May 13 2011, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish I could help you. I was on accutane for a year and not only did it not clear my acne but left me with long term side effects.

Of course, this was 7 years ago. I didn't do any research (I was a teenager), there weren't websites like this for acne....

How people here can read through these replies and still decide to take this horrible drug just to get rid of their zits is beyond me. Really tempting fate!!

Thanks Greeneyes. I forget that I'm not alone. I feel so different to everyone. I've got terrible anxiety just walking past people. Are your side effects quite bad?

#28 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Bump*

#29 Seattle JT

Seattle JT

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ May 13 2011, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.s. just as an additional note, I don't believe accutane alters the telomere length, some of 'us' have had this tested for. I simply (well it isn't a simple issue but there you go) blieve our immune sytems have been interupted, have several theories on how or why but won't go into that.

you need to try and keep vitamin a intake low for a year or two, I am only now starting to buy into the possibility of Gamma linoleic acid deficiency once posted on this forum several years ago, I started it about a month ago and it is helping my eyes a little.... It does not cause problems like the omega 3 in flax and fish oil!

Hey lamarr,

Whats up! So you no longer take L-Car? How much GLA are you taking? What made you change your mind about the GLA man? The mepacrine is still working out, no sides, no flushing? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but its been awhile haha.

#30 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (Seattle JT @ May 15 2011, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ May 13 2011, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey lamarr,

Whats up! So you no longer take L-Car? How much GLA are you taking? What made you change your mind about the GLA man? The mepacrine is still working out, no sides, no flushing? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but its been awhile haha.

Yo dude, I'm doing ok man, yourself?

L-carnitine I presume you mean? I try it every now and again because the science is there but long term it doesn't seem to do alot?

I'm taking 480 mg of GLA a day from borage oil. It seems to help my eye and dryness, but i've read it can take several months for full affects so i'm giving it longer this time! Dr Chu really advocates GLA.

No sides from the mepa, I'm on half the dose I used to be on, and no, no signs whatsoever of flushing. My main problems (now that I'm working full time) is cognitive function and my ocular rosacea, i'm going at both full on at the moment and seem to be making progress...

#31 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

Indigo- I told you a long time ago to stop the Omega 3...Lamarr is right is not good for accutane suffers.

Lamarr- Long time my friend, glad to see things are still going good. What are you doing for the cognitive function? Just wondering as I know I have had some minor issues.

Seattle- I still think you should try the L-Car as it may help the muscle pain issues, It may or may not help, but worth a try!

Anybody know how Sheefa is doing?

#32 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (oli girl @ May 15 2011, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indigo- I told you a long time ago to stop the Omega 3...Lamarr is right is not good for accutane suffers.

Lamarr- Long time my friend, glad to see things are still going good. What are you doing for the cognitive function? Just wondering as I know I have had some minor issues.

Seattle- I still think you should try the L-Car as it may help the muscle pain issues, It may or may not help, but worth a try!

Hi Oli Girl,

Good to see your still around!

It is called piracetam, no sides ever reported from anyone even at massive dosages (other than headache when dose is too high and not taken with choline). I take 2400-4800mg a day, along with a few hundred mg's of choline (b vitamin) with my morning dose. It really helps memory and speech, I bet you all have trouble recalling words/information at times since you took tane? someone mentioned it to me via email and i'm very glad I decided to try it!

It takes about a month for noticable affects and many people (non accutane sufferers) state that the affects actually stay with them after they disscontinue.

Look it up and make your own decision! When I saw the list of dissorders it's been known to help with I knew I had to try it as they list things such as raynaud's.

Many people have used it to recover from anti depressant mental problems as well.

#33 VanceAstro

VanceAstro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ May 13 2011, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway PLEAsE stop the omega 3 immediately, fish oils and cod liver oil is toxic to us post tane!

lol.gif

#34 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (oli girl @ May 15 2011, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I recall, but I want to know why...
Many people advise to TAKE Omega 3, or whatever fish oil.
I'm not sure it was making things worse... so in what way are you saying it's bad? Is it meant to contain vitamin A or something?

#35 VanceAstro

VanceAstro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (IndigoRush @ May 15 2011, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure it was making things worse... so in what way are you saying it's bad? Is it meant to contain vitamin A or something?

Omega-3 intake is suggested in many isotretinoin studies [especially Omega-3 fish oil with vitamin E]. Apart from many others [scientifically proven] benefits, EPA/DHA acids [found in omega-3] can reduce joint pain caused by isotretinoin.

Omega-3 Fish oil can also lower cholesterol increased by isotretinoin intake:

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/2954894

Cod liver oil is a different story. You obviously shouldn't take Cod liver oil that contains vitamin A.

It seems that Lamar don't know the difference between EPA/DHA omega 3 fish oil and cod liver oil rich in vitamin A.

eusa_wall.gif

Bonus: http://www.ehow.com/...s-accutane.html

Edited by VanceAstro, 15 May 2011 - 09:54 AM.

#36 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (VanceAstro @ May 15 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (IndigoRush @ May 15 2011, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Omega-3 intake is suggested in many isotretinoin studies [especially Omega-3 fish oil with vitamin E]. Apart from many others [scientifically proven] benefits, EPA/DHA acids [found in omega-3] can reduce joint pain caused by isotretinoin.

Omega-3 Fish oil can also lower cholesterol increased by isotretinoin intake:

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/2954894

Cod liver oil is a different story. You obviously shouldn't take Cod liver oil that contains vitamin A.

It seems that Lamar don't know the difference between EPA/DHA omega 3 fish oil and cod liver oil rich in vitamin A.

eusa_wall.gif

Bonus: http://www.ehow.com/...s-accutane.html

Thank you.
Lamaar, any arguments as to why Omega 3 would be bad?
It seems to be recommended for a lot of problems (joints, hair, skin)

#37 fredjones

fredjones

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

you can't just say 'dont' take omega 3 pills trust me' and not give any reasons why...smh

i talked to my derm about it and he said fish oil pills are fine, just don't take it at the same time as accutane pills cause it'll flush it away and the accutane pills won't do anything or something like that so take it another time of the day

#38 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

Right I will say this once as I have repeated it to many times on here over the years....there is a trend amongst accutane side effect sufferers, which shows that omega 3's make potentially all side affects caused by tane worse, not only that I have seen it cause more sides to appear in people (myself Included).

Why is that? Truthfull answer is FUCK know's (do you think doctors can give you the answers in regards to your accutane side affects? NO) we (the human race) are amatures when it comes to understanding the inate functions of the human body, so when one of you guys spew out some websites info (or even a peer reviewed journal)....don't think that means anymore than what I have just said, coz it don't mean a thing! especially when it comes to dealing with accutane side affects.

I'm sure a number of people on these boards are willing to back me in regards to my dealing with accutane side effects, I can give you better answers than any doctor out there, even down to the science behind things.

We do know that omega 3 and vitamin A are closely related in many ways and likely interact with each other, those of us who have been poisend by tane tend to have abnormal reactions to Vitamin a in the same way....

What i'm telling you is for YOUR benefit. I learn't the hard way and once thought the same way you did...

As I said in my last post I use to frequent the accutane action forum and this is where the trend was first spotted. Bare in mind the action forum was around since the early 90s....all of this was found through trial and error over the past few decades.

Edited by lamarr1986, 15 May 2011 - 05:20 PM.

#39 sanadai

sanadai

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:37 AM

After stopping a 3 month 40mg Accutane course for a month and a half i still suffer from thin skin, poor eyesight and of course hair loss. All these side effects are affecting me to the point where i think of myself as a monster, i wish i could just disappear from this planet. I want to drop out of school when i only have 5 weeks left until i graduate from high school, what a great senior year huh?

Well anyways, i just want to get to know you guys since you all probably have the same symptoms as me. I'm turning 18 in July and i dont see a bright future ahead of me, it also hurts me to see the pain im putting my mom through to see me like this.

I hope we can all figure out something that can help us.

Edited by sanadai, 16 May 2011 - 01:37 AM.

#40 Guest_Modestm_*

Guest_Modestm_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:46 AM

Sanadai, don't drop out of school over this stuff. I feel for you, given you have some side effects, but, given what you said, you should be able to function and proceed at school. You don't have severe lethargy, cognitive malfunction, depression, anxiety or crippling joint pain. I think you should see someone about the diminished vision, however.

Edited by Modestm, 16 May 2011 - 03:10 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users